Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Reminder to all including myself:

Pre-orders CAN BE CANCELLED.

My rationale is this: Better to have it preordered and change my mind and cancel it rather than NOT have i preordred and end up wanting it and paying more or missing out.

VFTF1

Reminder to all including myself:

Pre-orders CAN BE CANCELLED.

My rationale is this: Better to have it preordered and change my mind and cancel it rather than NOT have i preordred and end up wanting it and paying more or missing out.

VFTF1

Words of a wise man.

It is overpriced, no doubt, and I'm pissed that they came out with an excellent-looking version since I had convinced myself not to get the first release. Now I'm coming up with all these justifications for getting it, like "I've wanted a new transforming Macross toy for a long time at any scale", "It's a smaller company so naturally it's going to be more expensive", "There may not be another transforming Macross toy made", etc.

And yes, it's very small, but my rantionalization for that is that it will take up less of my dwindling shelf space. That said, my SOC Iron Gear should be here any day now. :blink::wacko::ph34r:

In the same water vessal.

I will do a diarama up with the SDF sitting/standing (uhh Force mode? [humanoid] i forget the jap terminology :() with outstretched arms and belly down in the ocean. :D COOL.

Wonder what i will need... blue film like paper, and.... ?

What I really want though is a Macross City Post-Space War I maquette; have the Wave SDFM fit into it - I really love the city both in SDFM and later in Macross Plus.

VFTF1

Every company is doing this it seems, trend is the release the first edition of the toy, and roll out all the colour variants.

And worst is that most of the first editions are non-canon. >.>

If this is the movie color edition, then what freakin' edition was the first one?
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

DND, I think this SDF-1 is a little expensive too, but this is one of those rare occasion where you would be happy to pay the $130 and hold a really exquisite SDF-1 toy in your hands.

It is small but it is so detail and beautifully made and painted, it really does stood out from other bigger diecasts or Yamato toys. This is a rare case where quality override its size.

There are so many Valks out there but there is only one good looking SDF-1 diecast. If you miss the boat now, it might be a very long time before there is another SDF-1 toy.

I say give it a go. You can always sell it for a higher price.

don't get me wrong, i'm fighting the urge as well but i can't help but to think how little you get for the money you're spending.

if you compare this SDF-1 to anything else out about/around the same price range, it can't even compete. it doesn't do anything but transform. theres no gimmicks, no special features, nothing that really makes it worth owning other than nostalgias sake.

for $130, i'd get another valk(be it 1/48 or 1/60) which includes tons of features and accessories rather than this dinky thing which is tiny to begin with and its only feature being a display stand....woohoo! :rolleyes:

Ah ah ah....

The next schem's.. is the Low Vis vers 1. SDF-1 True Color..... And in 6 Month you can buy the SDF-1 Stealth Vers...

And and In 1 Years... You could buy the "Ultimate true version color of the original design of the Macross DYRL with a microscopic minmey aniversary" 5000 ex. limited for 250 $....

I will take the SDF-1 Skull schem's in 2 years... For sure... And don't forget the "Pink Schems" for the girls... ^^

I have the first WHAM's SDF-1... Its enough.... If you don't have a SDF-1... Yes... You must buy a SDF-1 as Macross's Fan.. But.. Wait with eBay... I've bought mine for 83 $ with shipping cost.... So wait and see...

See - now I've come to my senses and will cancel this pointless pre-order.

Much rather buy something like Max/Millia or a number of other fine Yamata valks than this icky-poo.

VFTF1

Hmmmm.. If you have already the 1st vers. ... You take a wise decision....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure many of you already have ver. 1, but for those who don't, keep this in mind. I blame only myself for not scaling it myself before purchasing, but as many vender claim dimensions being nearly 12" in height in attack mode, the truth is it barely over 9" (not including stand). This may not be a deal breaker, but I was honestly a little surprised after unloading $150 smackers. It is a great sculpt though. As far as the new paint theme...damnit I like it!. But not $150 'like it'. Time to break out the paint!

Er, recon, don't mind me saying, but I think this is a custom from the previously released 1:5000 piece. I remember seeing this in one of the hobby mags a few months back. If the details of the upcoming one is as good as this... :drool:

I might be wrong about it though...

shucks, you maybe right, from the looks of it, it seems to be a custom. arggh..i preorder it.

Er, recon, don't mind me saying, but I think this is a custom from the previously released 1:5000 piece. I remember seeing this in one of the hobby mags a few months back. If the details of the upcoming one is as good as this... :drool:

I might be wrong about it though...

Can someone confirm this? Any Japanese readers here that can tell us what this incredible SDF-1 is? I think that you are correct about it being a custom as it does look different from the images I have seen so far of the new release WAVE. If this is what the new release WAVE looked like then I would say that it is worth $150. I would not be surprised if this custom is what inspired them to make a new version.

Can someone confirm this? Any Japanese readers here that can tell us what this incredible SDF-1 is? I think that you are correct about it being a custom as it does look different from the images I have seen so far of the new release WAVE. If this is what the new release WAVE looked like then I would say that it is worth $150. I would not be surprised if this custom is what inspired them to make a new version.

It is a confirmed Custom piece using the 1st ver of SDF-1 from wave, with details added. I dun think wave would go to the trouble of doing up new molds to include the additional details, the movie accurate version is just a repaint in DYRL colors. But i still hope that wave would surprise me though it is very unlikely :huh::ph34r:

• 3 months later...
my God, i never saw those pics (doh!) that custom is unbelievable! It's just paint that's the difference right?

what do we need to do to get it looking THAT BADASS.

Can't wait for mine, should be soon Dante! I early birdied mine from hlj.com.

Looks like they carved a few extra panel lines in. :ph34r:

Bump!

Anyone know when the new movie version will hit the streets?

I just checked HLJ.com and it says it's LOW STOCK.

Maybe their shipments just arrived or are close to arriving.

So did I but now I cant afford it!!!! Hopefully I will get some type of miracle windfall or some majickal thing like that within the next 10 days so that I can get this. And of course now that it is ready for me to buy, I am having second thoughts. I really want it but it is so expensive and small. And of course that is what everyone is going through with this collectible figure. If it cost less or if it was bigger then it would be a no-brainer (spelling? actual word?) for me but I am agonizing a bit over this purchase.