Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Not more detailed... it's an optical illusion because you can see more of the detail due to the lighter color. It looks like they may have added some "splotchiness" to the paint job though to simulate different panels... I guess that could be considered more detail. Looks good, can't wait to see it in person.

Compare the lower torso regions of both. The new one seems to have some type of detail that the first one did not but maybe it is just a paint splotch job or maybe it is a special paint job for a pre-production model to get us hyped that may or may not make it to the production? I dont know.

Mr March, you are right it does look alot like the macross plus version. I like that.

I really like this one but why does it have to be so expensive? When I saw the first release's price I thought that it would be big but then when I saw people's photos of it in their collections I was shocked! The size to price ratio is messed up but I suppose that if it is a really quality figure... no, that is just too expensive for that size a figure... well the Platinum gundam is smaller and costs thousands more... but this is not made out of gold is it? This is my internal dialog trying to figure out why I am probably going to get this.

Damn! Why'd they have to go ahead and make this one look better than the old one. <_< I might have to pick it up. When is it being released?

It looks very beautifull, but the old one looks very beautiful too!!! I thoughed the problem no as much pll got this toy is cause it was too small!!!! Is it bigger now???

Doubt that it is any bigger.

The colors are lighter, the finish does not look as shiny and those little squares are painted on the hull. Thanks for the better picture.

Looked at pictures of the first one on Anymoon and can not see such details. Hope they will make it to the production model.

post-3784-1191164326_thumb.jpg

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-42

doo de do de deee de doooo dee

Well i was right about atleast something would pop up after they got back from the seminar. :p Just not Nora. >_<

She will be too big for combined shipping anyways. (has other early bird orders to snap up)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-42

doo de do de deee de doooo dee

Well i was right about atleast something would pop up after they got back from the seminar. :p Just not Nora. >_<

She will be too big for combined shipping anyways. (has other early bird orders to snap up)

nice find, thanks mate!

placed my very first pre-order at HLJ (or any order for that matter), so yeah, i think i'm getting the hang of this collecting hobby.

now the waiting starts.... are there any support groups out there on how to deal with this? ^_^

lol, This is the BEST place for supporting that highly addictive Macross habit of yours/ours.

Hell i'm on here every day. >_< But that's how you keep up to date!

Hlj.com is good fun, getting in early with Early Bird discounts is a sport for me. :p

Just today i grabbed 2 in the one order. (SDF-1 and the 1/144 series 2 valks).

Been waiting for alot of other stuff to come in stock too...

It's up for pre-order on HLJ again - just preordered it.

Early bird for January.

VFTF1

EDIT --- *reads last few posts* ... oh ...ehh... heh heh :) Yes I too preordered it. Will make for a happy new year :)

Edited by VFTF1

I think Yamato mis-calculated the appeal of the 25 anniversary. I was going to pick up a black VF1S, but then the Roy reissue turned up - and since I don't have a 48 1S, obviously I prefer getting the Roy to the 25th...

And the people who already have the original molds/colors are being tempted with other new things out there - the Gumma (for those who haven't gotten it yet) - the Nora Gumma ...

I dunno - I just don't see the appeal of the 25th repaints - unless you want to have a nice flying anniversary corps ala the Angel bird - they're good for flying in parades.

VFTF1

What improvements can we hope for in this version from the first?

More pics, missed them first time round, love this site! They put so much more effort than the others, i may

have to shoot them an order one day. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10052239

10052239a5.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

don't get me wrong, i'm fighting the urge as well but i can't help but to think how little you get for the money you're spending.

if you compare this SDF-1 to anything else out about/around the same price range, it can't even compete. it doesn't do anything but transform. theres no gimmicks, no special features, nothing that really makes it worth owning other than nostalgias sake.

for $130, i'd get another valk(be it 1/48 or 1/60) which includes tons of features and accessories rather than this dinky thing which is tiny to begin with and its only feature being a display stand....woohoo! :rolleyes:

It is overpriced, no doubt, and I'm pissed that they came out with an excellent-looking version since I had convinced myself not to get the first release. Now I'm coming up with all these justifications for getting it, like "I've wanted a new transforming Macross toy for a long time at any scale", "It's a smaller company so naturally it's going to be more expensive", "There may not be another transforming Macross toy made", etc.

And yes, it's very small, but my rantionalization for that is that it will take up less of my dwindling shelf space. That said, my SOC Iron Gear should be here any day now. :blink::wacko::ph34r: