Les Chevaliers Du Ciel

drifand

I'm not a fan of Top Gun and the majority of jet fighter films, sadly, have been terrible. The trailer makes this film look like just another MTV-styled, vapid jet fighter film with little else to distinguish it from the norm. Reviews have cited the fighter sequences as amazing, but little else. Might check it out if it's distributed here in North America.

haha, you Americans just like to hate anything French except for french fries :lol:

um.. Freedom Fries, get that straight. :angry:

Seriously, though... correct me if I am wrong, since I do not know the French language, and I had my speakers off, just looking at the trailer, did it look like the fighter was stolen by a terror group and the French are trying to get it back (ala Iron Eagle [i know it's not the same], just w/out the human hostage) or atleast destroy it?

:mellow: Okay guys French bashing mode is on, i got it.

But i don't think that MW is "the" place for that, so let's cut if off. Let's say that if bashing turn you on, we could probably have a closer look US politics but i know for sure that MW is really not the place for that.

To get back to the topic, "Les chevaliers du ciel" .... not a piece of art IMO.

Wait wait, I know plot.

Evil terrorist (German or American) plots to steal experimental warplane to attack airbus factory in Tolouse. And Maverique (standard high risk pilot) takes another plane to shot down terrorist. The terrorist (if German is out there because he wants to keep the A380 jobs in Hamburg... if dastardly American, then he was hired by Boeing to permanently destroy the marvel that is the pride of France, the A380)

Heh heh.... like the thought of that plot.

P.S. under no circumstances can the terrorist be muslim, it might touch off more riots.

It's called Sky Fighters for the rest of Europe. Watched it several weeks before but never paid attention to this thread.Maybe because of the french title. It isn't that worse at least they don't mook up T-38 Talons with red stars :D They should have used a Rafale instead of a Mirage 2000 D as hightech fighter jet. The Flight sequences are great also camera and locations. Some parts of the story are illogical but Top Gun had twice as much of these. You should be grateful for any flight action movie these days. And we even more for not continueing the Iron Eagle movies. My rating for this movie is 6.5/10