Macross / Robotech flash animations

Aurel Tristen

I guess I never officially posted this here, but in the last week Ive had 89 unique page views to my website (that's 47% of my total page views for the week!) And I couldn't figure out what was causing the sudden increase in traffic from here. Anyway:

Back in the day before I knew very much about robotech, (yes, before I even knew there was a difference between it and Macross) I (being very young at the time) took this short fanfic my buddy made up, and made it into 2 or 3 episodes of a flash series. The drawings where terrible, the music was loud, the sound effects crappy and abrupt, but it was one of the few serious flash animations Newgrounds.com had seen, so it did well. So well in fact, that I kept going, and the story got crazier (with my odd decision to add little cameos of other anime characters here and there, I still don't know why) until I finished it with the 10th episode. Looking back, the only thing they had to do with robotech was the VFs and the Zentrodi. Initially, I didn't even specify who was who, except Lisa.

After the initial 10, I flew through the Classic series (supposed to be closer to the original, but it was actually farther from it! but it did use the original music) Did a 'movie' that sucked, and was in 3 parts, and then finally did my first works that where worth a damn. "birth of Robotech" was a 3 part movie OVA deal that covered the crash landing of the SDF-1, and its space fold to Pluto, but in it I had added my own additional plot lines and such that where supposed to come into play in my following works. Once that was a big hit, I started my biggest project yet. I set out to re-make the original 10 episodes with the full graphical glory of the Birth Of Robotech style. Now knowing allot more about Macross and Robotech, I decided to make it a little closer here and there, and made allot of sense of things. Anyway, long story short, if you do go see my animations, don't wast your time with anything other than the birth of robotech 3 part OVA, and the episode remakes.

www.robotechflash.com (click on forums and look in news for "Flash animations posted on cleaner website" if you don't want to deal with Newgrounds.com's shenanagens. That will take you to a page that has remake one and 2. The rest are only on newgrounds. Look in the FAQ for a link)

My God, this is a serious skeleton in the closet. THAT WAS YOU???? I remember it from way back in the day. Dude, I thought you just denied you were ever like that!

What a surprise.

EDIT: Wait, mistaken identity. This guy is not Nanashi of www.macrossmecha.info. This is another Nanashi.

Edited by Lestat

My God, this is a serious skeleton in the closet. THAT WAS YOU???? I remember it from way back in the day. Dude, I thought you just denied you were ever like that!

What a surprise.

EDIT: Wait, mistaken identity. This guy is not Nanashi of www.macrossmecha.info. This is another Nanashi.

O_o? Yeah, I havent been to macrossmecha.info, but now Im curious. Do I want to know?

Wait, what am I missing here? Who has been runing around doing bad things in my name! >_<

Oh, let me explain...

Nanashi, you're fairly new here (reg. 24 July '06), and your screenname is extremely similar to that of a popular and well-known member who also goes by the name "Nanashi." His actual screenname is "nanashino" (reg. 1 March '05) but pretty much everyone calls him Nanashi. He's a fairly well respected Macross authority, and he owns MacrossMecha.info, which is a site devoted to translations of hard-to-find schematics of mecha and weapons systems. His site's pretty well known, especially for esoteric stuff like Kazumi Fujita's VF-XS (prototype VF-2SS) lineart and comparisons of the various missiles from DYRL. From the conversations I've had with him, I'd say he's a pretty stern Robotech-hater.

Since your screenname is so similar to his, and happens to be the name everyone knows him by, it's causing quite a bit of confusion. Particularly because you seem to be a pretty vocal fan of Robotech, since that show is a fairly unwelcome topic here. I'm sure the confusion increases even further because your website is Robotech themed and not at all up to the real Nanashi's rather low-key and professional-looking standard.

Unless I'm mistaken, Nanashino was indeeed Nanashi at one point. But he's had his name changed and/or shut down one account only to create another in the past.

(New) Nanashi. . . if this ever becomes a problem, please let me know (via PM) and we'll be happy to change your displayed username for you.

Best,

H

P.S. This is a special case. Everyone else, please don't start PMing Admins or Mods with requests to have your name changed. :p