Graham's Sig

EXO

Are you guys really that excited at the prospect of buying MORE VF-1 toys, and at a scale we've already seen??

I wouldn't mind seeing a redone VF-1 1/60, but it had better be the last VF Yamato produces. Meaning, I want to see a 1/60 VF-4, VF-11, VF-5000, etc before Yamato releases it. There are so many more Macross toys that deserve to be made before this one, and if Yamato releases it so soon after the original line was discontinued may leave a bad taste in the mouths of some fans.

I have to agree with TheLoneWolf and miriya, new toys are a definite must before any major redo of the VF-1 series.

True that....BUT.....One factor MUST be recognized. They GOTTA make them durable as ****!!! I LOVE my 1/48 VF-1A Max....BUT....TFing him and some posing him almost gives me a heartattack. Don't get me wrong...I am a careful cat but it's a fragile transformation.

True that....BUT.....One factor MUST be recognized. They GOTTA make them durable as ****!!! I LOVE my 1/48 VF-1A Max....BUT....TFing him and some posing him almost gives me a heartattack. Don't get me wrong...I am a careful cat but it's a fragile transformation.

The '48 is one of the most durable "perfect" transforming Macross toys to date. Granted there were problems with backpacks hinges and...what else? I don't recall, however the '48 has stiff joints and sturdy enough construction to handle relatively rough, quick transformations and handling from experiened users which is waaaay more than anyone can say for the rest of their lineup... :unsure:

Edited by myk

With the M7 and VFX2 licenses unclear at the moment, and Graham saying that you shouldn't sell off your 1/72 VF-19As just yet, the future looks doubtful on other valkyries. I want new mecha really badly. I want a VF-4G Lightning III, a VF-11B, a VF-17D, a VF-14, a VF-22, a VF-3000, a VF-5000, and the SW-XAI and SW-XAII.

From the licenses that Yamato currently has, there are these mecha and ships:

TV Series/DYRL

-VF-1 TV series and DYRL valkyries

-MK II Monster Destroid

-Defender Destroid

-Tomahawk Destroid

-Phalanx Destroid

-Spartan Destroid

-Regault

-Glaug

-Q-rau

-Fighter Pod

-Giant Space Pickle- errr Zentraedi Battlecruiser

-SDF Macross

Macross Plus

-VF-11B+fp+booster rocket

-VF-11 Drones

-YF-19+fp+fd

-YF-21+fp+fd

-Target Drones

-Ghost X-9

-VF-1J Hostage

-Renegade Zentraedi Power Armor/New Zentraedi Power Armor

-background ships in orbit around Earth

Macross Zero

-VF-0+Ghost Booster+FP

-SV-51+FP

-MKI Monster (OMG WTF CLAW!)

-Ghost Drones

-Cheyenne Destroid

-Octos

-AFOS (who would want the big gay floaty thing?)

We've seen one enemy mecha and its repaint, Miria and Max's Q-raus. Almost had one destroid, but the MKII Monster dropped off the radar. We've seen the M0 ghost booster, and seperate release ghost. Other than that it's valkyries. The future of destroids and enemy non-transforming mecha are kind of bleak unless Yamato allows Graham to let loose on news that would surprise us all.

It's practically a certainty that we'll see a VF-11B (it better be certain! NEED ONE). We've got the YF-21 on the way. We're going to get some SV-51 repaints, because there's still the CF left, and there's a chance we'll get a Dobber paint scheme. :D But, for new valkyrie releases we're practically done with the current licenses. We've yet to get a VF-0D Shin or CF.

So until the VFX2 and M7 licensing issue is cleared up, we won't be seeing:

-VT-1C Whale Hunter

-VF-11B Ravens scheme

-VF-11C + M7FP + Protect Armor

-VF-11D Jamming Birds

-VF-11kai MAXL

-VF-17D/S (normal schemes and Brando/Miria scheme)

-VF-17T

-VF-19A Excalibur

-VF-19F/S/P

-VF-19kai Fire Valkyrie

-VF-22S (VFX2 scheme, Max, Miria, or Gamlin)

-VF-5000 (M7 or VFX2 Special Edition)

-VF-14 Nightmare (M7+ version)

-Pheyos Zentraedi Variable Fighter

-FBz-99G

-Fz-109

-VB-6 Koenig Monster

-VA-3 (VFX2 or M7 Dynamite version)

Of course who knows. Maybe Yamato could go and pull something like the Advanced Valkyrie program, having Kawamori do some new original variable fighter designs just to sell more toys.

If the worse comes and Yamato won't be able to do M7, VFX2, VFX1, or M3 stuff, then we don't have much to look forward to other than repaints and a 1/60 VF-1 redo.

The '48 is one of the most durable "perfect" transforming Macross toys to date. Granted there were problems with backpacks hinges and...what else? I don't recall, however the '48 has stiff joints and sturdy enough construction to handle relatively rough, quick transformations and handling from experiened users which is waaaay more than anyone can say for the rest of their lineup... :unsure:

I am guessing, I am not an experianced user....LOL....I'm really not. But anyways....I'm just saying it needs to be as duarable as let's say a Bandai 1/55....there....I said it. LMAO :lol:

Graham has been very quiet on this tread lately, which means we already hit it.

My money is on the VFX VF-17. It doesn't require lots of engineering like the YF-19 or the SV-51, so in terms of cost and profit, is a win win situation for Yamato. I think when Graham said "saturation, penetration" he was referring to the years he has been bugging Yamato to make it. I remember him saying several times that the 17 is his favorite VF, so it makes sense.

Graham has been very quiet on this tread lately, which means we already hit it.

My money is on the VFX VF-17. It doesn't require lots of engineering like the YF-19 or the SV-51, so in terms of cost and profit, is a win win situation for Yamato. I think when Graham said "saturation, penetration" he was referring to the years he has been bugging Yamato to make it. I remember him saying several times that the 17 is his favorite VF, so it makes sense.

Good detective work there....now let's just see if it pans out.

With the M7 and VFX2 licenses unclear at the moment, and Graham saying that you shouldn't sell off your 1/72 VF-19As just yet

I know Graham said that the VFX2 license is up in the air, but how the hell did that happen?! They've already released VF-19A and Konig Monster, and Los says that Yamato will be issuing a 3rd run of the Konig this fall, so what's up with that? If there was something wrong with the VFX2 license you'd think they would've noticed a long time ago.

I was wondering the same thing TheLoneWolf. I had figured it was a done deal since we got the VFX2 VF-19A and VB-6.

I would be extremely happy if it's a VF-17. :) I skipped on the Bandai M7 1/65 VF-17 because it was big and chunky. A Yamato one would kick a$$. A definite buy. :D

-YF-21+fp+fd

-VF-11B+fp+booster rocket

These will be my LAST valkiries, as i am getting both 25th aniversary. In the case of the yf-21, i will wait for the right repaint (either orange or low vis/stealth) as i already have the blue one in 1/72. Not sure about the fps, not crutial for this plane, thats for sure. On the other hand, WILL wait for vf-11 with FP, as without it, its not great, with it, its wowawiwaaaaa. I preffer the white (original) color for this one, unless they can surprise me with something good. Hopefully, the fp version will be the second release with all fixes. Oh, and i will be skiping on macross 0 stuff, even if they made the blue 2 seater (unless some kind of stealty 1s or dark scheme of such, i really love my vf-0a cf).

Now, other interesting stuff would be the sdf-1 (either by yamato, or the wave in 2 years when i will have money again from recovering with the valks). Oh, and did you mention Zentradi stuff, hmm, that could be interesting as well.

and it end here.....

Well Graham's new sig is:

"Standing between greatness and a joke, I just saw perfection..................The bastards!"

Soooooo... If it's Macross related, what do you guys think? The "I just saw perfection" is very encouraging. The "standing between greatness and a joke" and "the bastards", is somewhat worrying to me.

I hope this is a clue and not an obscure quote (which Graham has been known to use for a sig)

I'll need to think on this a while... Mabey its a 1/60 macross? :rolleyes:

eriku if your guess is right, I will thoroughly soil myself with glee as well! :D Especially if they do a series of them that includes non-VF-1s. A VF-11, YF-19, and YF-21 would be so awesome in chibi mode. Especially if they're more like Joke Machines, than those morpher things that Toynami put out.

And I hope it's a clue and not an obscure quote too, Busted VF1A.

greatness: YF-21

Perfection: VF-1 1/60

Joke: No idea, but got me worried too...

the "The bastards" part is what makes me think its a VF-1. Graham has said before he's over getting them, so if the thing is perfect, then graham is once again tempted, which frustrates him.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Graham is sat somewhere reading this thread, laughing maniacally at the attempts to guess what his signature means, when in fact, it probably means nothing at all and just likes messing with our heads?

Care to comment big 'G'? can you confirm or deny that you still putting hints in your sig?

We can all speculate until the cows come home, but until Yamato give the magic word, we aint hearing s*it :ph34r:

(i'm a big party pooper... P.S. there is no tooth fairy/...P.P.S., i am the easter bunny :p )

(i'm a big party pooper... P.S. there is no tooth fairy/...P.P.S., i am the easter bunny :p )

Does anyone here know who would win a race between Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, A Smart Blonde, and A Man Friendly Lesbian?

CLEARLY, "The bastards" part of Graham's siggy represents the YF-21 (the Q-Rau and Valk's bastard love-child). :D

And the fact he wrote "bastards" (plural) means he has MULTIPLES of the prototype or preproduction version!!! :o:ph34r:

Either that, or Yamato made its own version of Tread/Beta "perfection," and Graham's comparing it to the CM's version (potential "greatness") and Toynami's/HG's version (a couple of companies that many of us consider a "joke").

And yes, no one should take my post seriously. :p

i have a feeling that its a 1/60 VF-1S/A/J, the 1/48 version was 'great' while the former 1/60 version was a joke. ..so saying maybe the new 1/60 is a perfect version

I agree with what almost everyone is saying.

The Yamato "bastards" have made such a good looking 1/60 VF-1 that it will be dificult to resist even for those that already have old 1/60's and 1/48.