Shinsei Industries and General Galaxy company logos?

Axelay

For as many times as I've watched Macross Plus, I am pretty sure I can identify the General Galaxy logo on Guld's flightsuit. Shinsei Industries, though, eludes me. Does anyone have decent pictures of either of these? I just got this on DVD for the first time, so I hope to be able to watch it with a bit more thoroughness than ever before.

Also, I know I've once seen a logo for Project Supernova. I may have it archived deep in my Macross picture collection, but I'm not too sure. Anyone have any shots of this as well? I'd surely appreciate it.

I ask this because I'm considering another run of UN Spacy static on-face decals like the ones I did a while back. I thought it might be fun to consider doing something a little more special, i.e. a New Edwards Test Flight Center base pass decal.

For as many times as I've watched Macross Plus, I am pretty sure I can identify the General Galaxy logo on Guld's flightsuit. Shinsei Industries, though, eludes me. Does anyone have decent pictures of either of these? I just got this on DVD for the first time, so I hope to be able to watch it with a bit more thoroughness than ever before.

Also, I know I've once seen a logo for Project Supernova. I may have it archived deep in my Macross picture collection, but I'm not too sure. Anyone have any shots of this as well? I'd surely appreciate it.

I ask this because I'm considering another run of UN Spacy static on-face decals like the ones I did a while back. I thought it might be fun to consider doing something a little more special, i.e. a New Edwards Test Flight Center base pass decal.

There's a Project Supernova logo on the Hasegawa 1/72 Option Decal # 1 ( #65757 ) but I don't have a scanner or a digital camera. :( .Maybe somebody else can help.

I've often thought the white triangle/diamond logo on the YF-19's chest is the Shinsei Industries logo. There's no other explanation for that marking, and it sure looks like a logo rather than some unique warning marking. (Especially since all other Macross valk markings are 100% current, real-life aircraft markings)

I seem to recall Guld and his co-workers having a yellow "G" patch on the chest of their uniforms in the scene where he first sees Myung on the TV. It kinda looks like the Zentradi black and yellow symbol. I believe it is the General Galaxy logo. I have no idea what the Shinsei Industry logo looks like.

edit: oops, looks like you already found the General Galaxy logo. Have no idea what the Shinsei Industry logo is. Could it be the eagle patch on Lucy's left shoulder??

Edited by cyde01

I seem to recall Guld and his co-workers having a yellow "G" patch on the chest of their uniforms in the scene where he first sees Myung on the TV. It kinda looks like the Zentradi black and yellow symbol. I believe it is the General Galaxy logo. I have no idea what the Shinsei Industry logo looks like.

edit: oops, looks like you already found the General Galaxy logo. Have no idea what the Shinsei Industry logo is. Could it be the eagle patch on Lucy's left shoulder??

No, that's a UN Spacy patch of some sort since the military folks all have it on their shoulder. Based on the fact that the M+ team did their research at Edwards AFB, I'd imagine that is the symbol for their Major Command (and it looks a lot like the air combat command patch) AF Pilots wear the command patch on their flight suits and the support personnel wear it on their BDUs/DCUs.

The one on the front of Isamu's vest I'm undecided whether it's a rated aviator's badge or something akin to a fighter wing. AF pilots wear the wing and their command on their flight suits, but I forget what, if any, ornamentation they have on their nameplates. I'll have to look next time a C-130 crew comes through the DFAC.

As for the Shinsei patch. I could of sworn there were some blue-jacket techs around the YF-19 in various scenes that had a logo of some sort on them.

Although if you ask me, the whole project supernova looks like a setup. I mean, one company had an entirely civillian team and test pilot. The other had a comparitively disproportionate amount of military personnel working on it, to include its test pilots. Gee, I wonder who the military was really betting on?

Although if you ask me, the whole project supernova looks like a setup. I mean, one company had an entirely civillian team and test pilot. The other had a comparitively disproportionate amount of military personnel working on it, to include its test pilots. Gee, I wonder who the military was really betting on?

We know who the military was betting on. The Ghost.

You COULD make an argument that Supernova was actively set up to pit Guld and Isamu against each other, to provide a major spectacle to "prove" that it was a good idea to remove the human element from fighter piloting.

You COULD make an argument that Supernova was actively set up to pit Guld and Isamu against each other, to provide a major spectacle to "prove" that it was a good idea to remove the human element from fighter piloting.

I guess they'd have to have done an ass load of research to find out whether or not those two get along. Although, I guess that would be one way to explain why Isamu wasn't just discharged from the military. They wouldn't really put up with any of his crap expecially since he was a pilot.

If Shinsei and General Galaxy really Are civilian companies (as M+ seems to borrow heavily from the squaring off of the yf-22 and yf-23) then woulnd't they be the ones to select their own test pilots? The theory that choosing those two as a setup is possible, but given the scope and context of the story (and the presentation-it's a movie) I doubt it is a facet to it.

And in regard to why they'd put up with Isamu's shenannigans (besides, again, it's a movie), it seems that to a company in Shinsei's shoes with an overpowered fighter that kills pilots, finding a pilot that won't wreck hiself, the fighter or their bid for the contract is worth putting up with a little crap for.

It's like Prima-donna actors in LA, often they can be complete wastes of oxygen and are deplorable human beings but the director and producers put up with it cause they're the "talent" and they have to have him or her. It's up to Shinsei to make sure he doesn't screw up their plans. If they fail, they lose. Isamu's apparently worth the risk.

Or... even though Sharon didn't have the Bio-Neural chips yet she was already sencient and was aware of the project going on in eden and manipulated the project to make sure that her two flyboys were there, why would the military want to waste money on Supernova when they were planning to scrub it for the ghost... Maybe Sharon was playing with the doccuments and orders from the begining?

Of course that's a real stretch.

Or... even though Sharon didn't have the Bio-Neural chips yet she was already sencient and was aware of the project going on in eden and manipulated the project to make sure that her two flyboys were there, why would the military want to waste money on Supernova when they were planning to scrub it for the ghost... Maybe Sharon was playing with the doccuments and orders from the begining?

Of course that's a real stretch.

This happens quite a bit. The projects were independant of each other. The Ghost fighter was being developed for a while as a replacement for manned fighters. The VF-11 became outdated and needed to be replaced. The Ghost fighter isn't ready yet so they come up with project Supernova. During the final stages of Supernova the Ghost fighter is completed, there is no longer a need for manned fighters so the project is scrapped. If the Ghost fighter ran into some testing problems or there were problems with the AI then the winner of Supernova would become the next generation fighter.

During WW2 many completed projects were never used because another project eclipsed them like the atom bomb. They were developing all sorts new bombs and weapons but once the atom bomb was completed they saw no reason to use the other weapons.

Lots of programs are back-ups, alternatives, or "replacements for the ones currently being developed". Basically---when a plane enters service, its newer, better replacement should already be on the drawing board.

The F-14 was an 'emergency replacement' for the failure of the F-111B. It was basically a hasty redesign of the F-111B that had been started once Grumman saw that the F-111B was going to suck. It used as many A-6 design features and parts as possible to save development time/costs--including the wings and landing gear. The F-111B parts are the engines, weapons, radar, and swing-wing feature.

So when the F-111B was formally cancelled due to sucking (if only other planes had that happen), and the Navy issued an urgent request for a new design--Grumman had already done a lot of work, and it'd be cheaper and sooner than expected due to re-use of a lot of the money/development put into the F-111 and A-6.