1/72 Phalanx limited kit

captain america

Recieved my phalanx today. The kit comes in a purple cardboard box with a lable showing the blue "bridge bunny" chest art. The parts come in Johns typical grey resin packed in 3 seperate ziploc baggies. One bag contains all the body parts, the second contains the missiles and smaller parts while the 3rd bag has the missile arms.

Detail as usual is very sharp and clear and parts breakdown is very well thought out. My sample only had airbubbles on one or 2 parts but they are in very easy to fix spots. Pour stub locations are all on mating surfaces and will not be visible once assembled. BE VERY CAERFUL with the feet. Part of the tread on the bottom is literally paper thin to allow the "ankle" piece to fit into it. One of mine was slightly cracked but easily repairable.

Overall another 10/10 kit. My sample didnt come with instructions or decals so this will be a good challenge. I will be making mine like the blue version represented on the box art.

• 3 months later...

Well I got mine, the last one John made I think. Up to Johns usual standards great kit a couple of small air bubles but they wont be a problem one of them wont be visible anyhow.

Id like to say a big Wasup to the morons at the post office who though it would be great to put mine in a puddle and wash off the address lable John so expertly placed on the carton. They managed to get the inner purple carton wet and made the artwork run. Didnt dammage the kit or decals though. Took em an extra week though to realise the address was printed twice on the carton, like i said morons. The sad thing is my Friend Ian is my Postie and he said they knew the post code but never asked him. He knew it was comming as I`d told him to look out for it. Oh well at least it s here, and Ian got to kick some ass at the sorting office.

• 12 years later...