Zoids

Mine are all packed away, and I got rid of about half, but here's what I still have:

Gunsniper, JP, and CP-13

Genosaurer, JP

Ultrasaurus, JP

Gordos, JP, and CP-10

Red Redler (game) JP, and CP-09 (this one) http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/zoids/im...21Redredler.jpg

Berserk Fuhrer, JP, and Sturm Armor

Liger Zero, US, and Jager and Schneider Armor

Dark Spiner, US

Stealth Viper, US

Salamander, JP

Liger Zero X, US

Seismosaurus, black, US

Snipe Master, JP

Death Stinger, JP

Mine are all packed away, and I got rid of about half, but here's what I still have:

Gunsniper, JP, and CP-13

Genosaurer, JP

Ultrasaurus, JP

Gordos, JP, and CP-10

Red Redler (game) JP, and CP-09 (this one) http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/zoids/im...21Redredler.jpg

Berserk Fuhrer, JP, and Sturm Armor

Liger Zero, US, and Jager and Schneider Armor

Dark Spiner, US

Stealth Viper, US

Salamander, JP

Liger Zero X, US

Seismosaurus, black, US

Snipe Master, JP

Death Stinger, JP

I have all of them

man they are great. They are great mecha a change from the regular bipedal humanoid robots.

I too have the Iron Kong but the Zoids Genesis is much more cooler. Does anyone have the PK version. I really like that one but its so bloody expensive for $400 ???

I basically have all of them. the Kotobukiya are absolutely awesome. and Now Iron Kong is coming !

I have a rather sizable collection of the 2000 Japanese re-release Zoids ( I have most of the ones that were 80's revivals), they were rather cheap compared to other toys, and my friend who was living in japan at the time could pick up stuff and send it to me. Among my favourtes are Ultrasaurer, Genosaurer and the humble Molga. I stoped collecting when Blox came out, I really only like the military looking classic Zoids and some of the modern variations.

Still have a whole bunch I haven't got around to building, Including my only post Blox Zoid aquistions Cannonfort and Rainbow Jerk (I bought that one for the name :lol: ).

I like the Kotobukiya kits, but they are to exspensive for me, I'm used to picking up Zoids cheap. I'm intriuged by this new Revoltech Blade Liger though surely a Genosuarer will follow.

One thing I really like about Zoids are the diorama pictures of the Zoids fighting used on the 2000 re-release Zoids as well as the ones in the Zoids handbooks. I can't read most of the handbooks but I still love em.

Edited by lord_zed

I'd love a Kotobukiya Genosaurer (my all-time fave Zoid, looks-wise) but every review goes on and on about fit issues, and the amount of work needed just to get it together. I've read low-production Russian resin kit reviews that complained less. For the price, I'm not putting that much work into it.

I'd love a Kotobukiya Genosaurer (my all-time fave Zoid, looks-wise) but every review goes on and on about fit issues, and the amount of work needed just to get it together. I've read low-production Russian resin kit reviews that complained less. For the price, I'm not putting that much work into it.

Kotobukiya is actually really good. About the only good models they make are zoids and armored core.

The zoids are ultra articulate, very very detailed and worth every penny.

BTW

those claws are super sharp

post-4512-1254208151_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1254208180_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1254208211_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1254208246_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1254208278_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1254208314_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

I wonder if Bit Cloud and Leena ever got hooked up? The original series hinted at that they were falling in love (I especially love the scene when they first met; Bit showing up those goons all the while making it look like the fighting moves he was making were accidental).

• 3 weeks later...
Do Zoids kits look good assembled straight out of the box, or are they like Gunpla which, though pre-colored, require painting and further detailing to make them look as nice as promo shots suggest?

Depends; the Tomy/Takara motorized kits come pre-painted and need only stickers to look like they do on the box. The Kotobukiya HMM kits on the other hand are basically zoids gunpla and require all the usual painting/detailing that implies.

Depends; the Tomy/Takara motorized kits come pre-painted and need only stickers to look like they do on the box. The Kotobukiya HMM kits on the other hand are basically zoids gunpla and require all the usual painting/detailing that implies.

Note quite. You dont really need to paint MGs If you look at dalongs website he never paint his gundams. Only Panel Lines them and Stickers. Kotobukiya are much the same with precolored pieces

Zoids Genesis was awesome. I thought the original series were left a bit open ended though.

I like the designs from Genesis and i hope Kotobukiya is expanding its line to include genesis

But the shows were chessy with that 1 hour of buliding up to a fight dragon ball z thing.

Better dialogue and better animation was needed to keep the cartoons going. It would have been nice to have some real known studios work on them

Note quite. You dont really need to paint MGs If you look at dalongs website he never paint his gundams. Only Panel Lines them and Stickers. Kotobukiya are much the same with precolored pieces

it's true you don't HAVE to paint. but if you wan't the HMM's to look EXACTLY as they do in the promo shots and instruction manuals from kotobukiya, you're going to do some painting.

I like the designs from Genesis and i hope Kotobukiya is expanding its line to include genesis

But the shows were chessy with that 1 hour of buliding up to a fight dragon ball z thing.

Better dialogue and better animation was needed to keep the cartoons going. It would have been nice to have some real known studios work on them

Genesis wasn't too bad (I haven't finished watching it but...). honestly I liked all the shows except for Fuzors. Holly poo was fuzors bad... that's what you get when you try to make something for the US market (crap).

It's more a show for younger kids but I still enjoyed watching it (I downloaded all 4 series this summer, they were actually kind of fun)

I love the weaponry on those, but I am still having a hard time taking a red dinosaur seriously.

I think the one I like best is the Command Wolf and its' variants. Not sure if its the wolf design or a small nimble chassis over a huge lumbering one.

Thanks for the links. Just waiting to get some extra cash first. Have to feed my Macross and Mospeada addiction first. :)

Yeah, and disheartening, too. I could never get them to look that good. Probably I shy away from Gunpla, too.

I dont know what the issue is here

K-Zoids are virtually MG of the Zoids world. Pieces are color coded. They come with great decals

You panel line them with Gundam Markers

You can even paint accents for hoses shocks etc , although you wont even have to do that

Dont belive me ask Dalong.net

He doesnt paint any of his stuff. While i have a whole airbrush kit i never use it I find panel lining good decaling and the odd paint accents work just fine

you can get mr.paint clear coat and voila

basically you can paint any toy

here is my example of toy that needed accents

DevisFace.jpg

DeviUnfinished.jpg

Edited by nugundamII