Heroes

Dangard Ace

I actually think the potential problem with Peter's character is that he is too damned powerful. So, they have to go with these plot devices to make him less of a threat. Last season it was because he was not focused, so he can't control his powers, this season, he can't remember so he might not have full access to his powers.

The only one who might have a chance to take down Petrelli so far is the Haitian, provided he can get close enough. Possibly Sylar, but Sylar is limited as he has to eat to gain power, Peter just has to be in the vicinity, and beyond that, Peter probably has the ability to freeze time, something Sylar can't do. I think in the long run, that Petrelli has to die to sort of even out the playing field.

see, for me Peter is like Superman; Hes stupidly powerful, so the threats arent so much physical as they are emotional and threats to those around him. Is Peter going to get killed by an enemy? Unlikely. So it's about how he deals with those around him that matters.

I want Peter to become more like Superboy Prime instead of Superman. He'll develop a taste for the "bad" jobs after this irish job and it'll take everyone, including Sylar, to knock some sense into him.....and then Sylar eats his brains.

:D

I actually hope Petrelli dies at end of season, or better yet in mid season. It would make things more interesting, then it would be a nice balance with heroes and potential villians. It would put Hiro as one of the more powerful characters given his ability to teleport and manipulate time, he would be on par with Sylar at the very least.

I actually think the potential problem with Peter's character is that he is too damned powerful. So, they have to go with these plot devices to make him less of a threat. Last season it was because he was not focused, so he can't control his powers, this season, he can't remember so he might not have full access to his powers.

The only one who might have a chance to take down Petrelli so far is the Haitian, provided he can get close enough. Possibly Sylar, but Sylar is limited as he has to eat to gain power, Peter just has to be in the vicinity, and beyond that, Peter probably has the ability to freeze time, something Sylar can't do. I think in the long run, that Petrelli has to die to sort of even out the playing field.

Truthfully, I don't think Sylar eats his victim's brains. Remember that he's a watchmaker, and likes to learn how things tick. I think his ability may be exactly the same as Peter's, with the notable exception that he has to "study" his victim to mimic their power. Maybe he doesn't even have to do that, and he simply doesn't realize it?

Ok, so I am looking to get into a new box set. What is the concencus on Heros so far? I have not read this thread because of possible spoilers so please don't slam me for mot reading :)

I like shows like:

X files

Millennium

The Shield

Rescue Me

Battlestar Galactica

Invasion

Do you think I will like Heros?

i'm a bit disappointed about another:

doubling up of powers. first the kid at Claire's new school/Nathan Petrelli and now Kensei/Claire. I read it's a plot point, but with all the other powers they could copy/invent, seems kind of like a cop out.

It makes sense. If this is all supposed to be genes, they should express themselves similarly. How it works out would be something probably written in, like it doesn't relate to parents for some reason.

Truthfully, I don't think Sylar eats his victim's brains. Remember that he's a watchmaker, and likes to learn how things tick. I think his ability may be exactly the same as Peter's, with the notable exception that he has to "study" his victim to mimic their power. Maybe he doesn't even have to do that, and he simply doesn't realize it?

I like to call it Engineering - he can figure out how things work, and can improve upon them. If he actually had the balls to come up with his own career maybe he would have been happy building all kinds of stuff and getting mad rich instead of lurking in the shadows eating brains.

Think low budget X-men. Still pretty entertaining and the way they tied the arcs together for season 1 was pretty good. We'll see how they do with season 2... so far, so good.

A bit OT but I'm not going to start a new thread:

Bionic Woman is down 30% from last week. I thought this week's ep was better. It and Life are the only other shows I currently watch asides from Heroes. (And partly because they're a nice 2-hour block)

I'm waiting for either Chekov or Kirk himself.

And uh oh, Bennet might be dead... I wonder if this is the company screwing with him, I'm guess that the company knows what's going on with Bennet, they're trying to psyche him out. The Indian is just the conduit for now.

As for DL, he's dead eh? What happened? Did he ask for too much money and the writers decide to kill him offscreen?

I like the twist with Sylar.... I'm sure he'll weasel his way out.... would be fun.

I'm waiting for either Chekov or Kirk himself.

And uh oh, Bennet might be dead... I wonder if this is the company screwing with him, I'm guess that the company knows what's going on with Bennet, they're trying to psyche him out. The Indian is just the conduit for now.

As for DL, he's dead eh? What happened? Did he ask for too much money and the writers decide to kill him offscreen?

I like the twist with Sylar.... I'm sure he'll weasel his way out.... would be fun.

Well we werent for sure if DL was coming back. Then again we never knew Parkman would live either. Suresh is a pawn. He is always a pawn somehow. I just wish Hiro would get the hell out of 17th century Japan. After seeing another former star trekkie, I am expecting everyone to show up well with the exception of Scotty and Bones.

new season is so subpar. Each episode last year use to give me the chills. Peter having to work for that Irish gang with the forced accents is way lame. He can rob an armor vehicle but not a box from some petty crooks. Hiro's girl is the loviest girl in medieval Japan? They must have been hurting back then. And Claire's new bf is too boyband, so is that latino brother of that hot chick

Yeah, so far I've been VERY underwhelmed this year.... was on a high last year and reached a whole new appreciation with the HDDVD set. Almost the entire season was all setup to the final confrontation, which I thought was executed great.

I think a Shatner or Konig appearance are all but guaranteed...

Pure spoilers for the end of the last ep:

Peter's tattoo changed to "the symbol". I immediately thought of Nikki/Jessica--maybe it's the first appearance of that power, and now "evil Peter" is in control--or even has been ever since the explosion. Kinda cliche, but not so much as the Clark/Lois flying sequence...

Also thought the few episodes so far have been very underwhelming and not progressing the story so far. Only thing interesting this episode was the Sylar sections. The Peter, Claire, Suresh, Hiro sections were pretty much the sames as the last couple episodes and progressing very very slowly. Hope next week's pops better with some hints on the hooded killer or the boogey man in the little girl's dreams.

I'm enjoying it so far. No need for the next big bang villain reveal just yet, they're building up to it. All we need to know is that there's a "boogeyman" and someone's out there killing the last generation of "heroes". Adventure stuff is being taken cared of by the Hiro/Kensei story line. The rest of the cast needs to have their characters filled out more, which they're doing, so it seems slow. If they went from fighting one big villain or apocalypse to the next then we'd have the Justice League aka Mutant X and that's not what I tune into Heroes to watch. If that's what you tune into Heroes for then I'd suggest waiting for sweeps week. That'd be when they pull out the big SFX stuff again. Remember Heroes = Drama first, big explosions second.

with all the Star Trek Alum on the show, maybe Ricardo Montalban will be the Scary Eyes that Molly is having nightmares about....and he'll have a midget sidekick, oh wait :lol:

That would be awesome.

Maybe they'll show up on that island Sylars on. B))

I completely forgot about that. Wow. I can see we get everyone from the Star Trek franchise on the series...

Remember, in a reverse effect, Zachary Quinto (Sylar) is playing Spock in the new Star Trek movie.