Heroes

Dangard Ace

Peter doesn't keep the powers. He can just use them when he's near someone else who has them. He did use Sylar's TK. If you look closely when the locker doors got thrown at him, he deflects them around himself.

Yes, but what about Sylar's power to know how things work and permanently change himself to keep it??? Did Peter get that power too? And if so, then he should be able to keep all powers permanently from now on... AND without slicing up his friends.

vinnie

Also, Peter mimics Matt Parkman's telepathy in "Fallout", causing both to get acute headaches from the sudden ability to hear each other's thoughts, similar in principle to audio feedback. As revealed by Milo Ventimiglia in an interview on NBC's Heroes website, Peter is unable to absorb several powers in succession without suffering negative effects from the multitude of abilities operating in unison.

Ah so that's why he's ill. Also explains HRG line about how getting all those powers is driving Sylar insane.

vinnie

oh... that explains alot and thats why hes sick.

Thanks for the help

edit: wouldn't he keep the ability to "keep" the others powers. perhaps.

Edited by Macross73

Yes, but what about Sylar's power to know how things work and permanently change himself to keep it??? Did Peter get that power too? And if so, then he should be able to keep all powers permanently from now on... AND without slicing up his friends.

vinnie

Sylar's been taking people's brains and modifying his DNA. I'm fairly certain Peter hasn't done that.

Sylar's been taking people's brains and modifying his DNA. I'm fairly certain Peter hasn't done that.

Not to get all technogeeky or anything, but umm... you can't take people's DNA. And even if you could, it doesn't have to be the brain. Every cell in our body has the exact same DNA. Sylar needs the brain so he can examine how their brain works (the manifestation of their personal genetic code) and then make his do the same to gain their powers. This may induce the necessary mutation in him, I don't know how the writers are going to deal with it.

My reasoning is that if Peter can gain other specials' powers as well as Sylar's unique power, then there shouldn't really be and problem for him to permanently encode it because he shoudl know how it works since it's now a part of him. Of course you can always come up with hundreds of ways to say its not possible, but the fact that Sylar can change himself without cutting his brain is an indication that Peter should be able to do likewise AFTER he's gain like say Claire's power.

It's all a moot point. This is just merely fan speculation for the hell of it.

vinnie

• 4 weeks later...

An interview with Tim Kring....and reaffirming that Heroes is picked up for Season 2. :D

KRING: Yes all of those scenes are going to be included absolutely. As you know, we cut a 72-minute version of the pilot and we will be including that on the DVD as well, which will be very different.

iF: I have never seen the 72 minute pilot, the version I saw was slightly different with Santiago Cabrera’s character cutting off his hand and the Petrelli brothers’ flight sequence at the end was a bit different. In the version I saw Nathan doesn’t drop Peter.

You guys get to see the SDCC pilot....on the Season 1 DVD boxset! Woot! I knew all my bitching and moaning on the official websites would get noticed. :p :P :p

iF: Will there be toys for this series? It seems like a tailor made fit.

KRING: Oh yeah. There will be toys. We are all over it. The people that I work with are fanatical toy guys who are making sure they are state of the art toys. Our brand is for the fans that will notice the difference between schlock and quality.

Great. Another toyline to collect.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1857

Also in the news, former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston will be guest starring in several episodes this season.

Former Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston will appear in several episodes of NBC's hit Heroes as an invisible-man character aptly named Claude, after Claude Rains, star of the 1933 classic SF film The Invisible Man, Tim Kring, creator and executive producer, told SCI FI Wire.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?c...=0&id=39637

Saw it loved it... I was almost disappointed that he found the sword so easily, but then it turned out to be fake! Awesome! This show knows story!

Peter and Hiro's story are easily the best. Not so interested with Ali Larter and family, they've never been so much part of the story, except for the Linderman connection.

So everyone is going to head to Nevada huh? Awesome... what about Claire!

Aside from Hiro, Nathan Pitrelli is prolly the most intriguing character. Great actor!

Peter and Hiro's story are easily the best. Not so interested with Ali Larter and family, they've never been so much part of the story, except for the Linderman connection.

So everyone is going to head to Nevada huh? Awesome... what about Claire!

I think Niki and DL might be Claire's real parents...

I saw it, and was waiting for someone to comment! Best scene:

"Flying man, WHOOOOOSH!"

"Could you keep it down?"

"wooooosh"

And Hiro actually lowered his hand movement while "wooooosh"... :D

Is Peter showing signs of persistence in his power mimicry? I mean he's still having future visions...

Sylar is going to bring a reckoning on everyone if he ever gets out.

Also, how did Isaac get all this paintings back? I thought HRG took all of them. He did kind of sneak out of the "clinic" and I doubt HRG was too happy about that.

vinnie

I wonder when they're going to show this "Linderman" guy that's been kind of a hidden entity connecting them all in some way. They need to show him soon.

Other than that it wasn't all that interesting of a show. I think it was better than Galactica the other day, but there was nothing special here, no big revelations other than that sword maybe more than a trinket.

Edited by Wes

My current theory (and the only one I've really come up with--I tend to try NOT to analyze and predict everything about a show) is that Linderman is somehow "behind it all". Too many connections. Maybe he's Mr Bennet's boss, or is the guy who found Claire for Mr Bennet, and it's not sheer chance that of all the things he collects, he likes Isaac's paintings and the exact sword that Hiro needs.

Is Peter showing signs of persistence in his power mimicry? I mean he's still having future visions...

Sylar is going to bring a reckoning on everyone if he ever gets out.

Also, how did Isaac get all this paintings back? I thought HRG took all of them. He did kind of sneak out of the "clinic" and I doubt HRG was too happy about that.

vinnie

I dont know if he snuck out since he has no memory of the paper warehouse/HRGHQ.

I dont know if he snuck out since he has no memory of the paper warehouse/HRGHQ.

Eden gave him a card and a clean phone. I don't think he was scheduled to leave the "clinic". As for the "no memories" I interpreted that as him being secretive and not wanting to say anything about it to his ex...

"Yeah, I was abducted by this top secret organization that collects people with gifts and they cleaned me up."

Very believable... especially coming from an "ex-addict".

vinnie

Eden gave him a card and a clean phone. I don't think he was scheduled to leave the "clinic". As for the "no memories" I interpreted that as him being secretive and not wanting to say anything about it to his ex...

"Yeah, I was abducted by this top secret organization that collects people with gifts and they cleaned me up."

vinnie

a bit presumptious...

So I'm alone in this belief and wondering why Isaac has his paintings back???

vinnie

Well, they've already come to pass, so not needed anymore, so maybe Mr. Bennett let him have them. Guess it all comes down to if he was lying about remembering or not. We just don't know for now.

vinnie

[sarcasm]You mean he'd have to lie to regain trust with his ex-girlfriend instead of telling the truth that he was abducted by government spies, one of which being that he was handled by a hottie that could litterally force him to do anything she wanted?!? Totally left-field there...[/sarcasm]

Yeah he was pretty worthess to them, plus after Eden dieing and the FBI on them they're not going to miss him or a few of his works, seeing as they could just keep spying on him and get more out of it.

It's very interesting that the blackmail video of Nathan Petrelli is even more incriminating now that Niki has turned herself in, revealed the locations of all the dead bodies and is soon to be diagnosed as a split personality. :ph34r:

Very bad for someone running for Congress.

But then he could probably talk Hiro into getting the tape back once his powers are back to 100%.

Heck, Mr. "Ee-Sack" probably could've manipulated Hiro into stealing back his paintings just by drawing it in the next 9th Wonders Issue.

I just hope that when they reveal Linderman, if he does have powers, that it's NOT Control over Magnetism.

New develpments in Primatech company web page

after finding a secret log on site it takes you here

http://www.primatechpaper.com/T3001/assignment_tracker.shtml

bennet/claire is Login/PW for the files apprantely Hannah Geltman the character is the one sending e-mails.

So they're doing the whole "Lost Experience" thing too...

my guess? invisible guy taught lindeman how to control his power...the same power peter has. Lindeman was an average joe, who has gone around collecting other peoples' powers, but since he can control his power better than peter, he keeps the powers he collects...sort of like sylar, but sylar is clearly just a thug in the world of super powers, not a mastermind of any kind. He's more of a juggernaut than a magneto.