World of Warcraft

Duke Togo

Yeah, in case you guys that remember me didn't catch that.. that's where I've been lol.

Making Millia as awesome as I can.

But I think I'm quitting soon.

BAH! You can't quit before the Burning Crusade comes out.

I'm rolling on Dreadmist because it is a cool set. I got the idea after I ran scholo nearly a hundred times trying to collect the Deathbone set (which was pally-fied and stopped dropping for horde as far as I know). I ran the place to help out lower buddies, or guildies, or just for AD rep. I had everything a warrior could want from Scholo, so when with the guild I started asking for some dreadmist peices...after I got a few, I decided to make a mission out of it and collect the whole set (or at least collect enough that it looks complete).

That's why. I've been in some noobass UBRS pugs though, and it sucks. All the way to Drakk and the hunter couldn't figure out how to kite him. Unfortunately all my buddies and guildies are pretty beyond needing scholo (except maybe for rep), and UBRS so it's all PUGs from now on.

On another note, I'm about 2 days away from Revered with the Steamwheedle Cartel. I hope they get some rep rewards in the expansion.

I play the game mostly to hang with friends, ruin lowbie rogues, and do fun stuff like get goblin rep and collect dreadmist. Prevents burnout.

It was somewhat funny in parts, but they missed the real meat of the craziness and attitude that surrounds WoW. I didn't hear the whining, the lrn2play, and the cross faction bashing. The episode was fairly average, but I was surprised as to how much WoW lingo was in there.

In other news, patch 5965 for the Burning Crusade Alpha popped up today, and the Hunter Talents are finally in it. There is some stuff I really like, but I can't say I am sold on it yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, time to wake this thing back up. The Armory is here, let's see who you are!

Me: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#charact...th&n=Glavil

Nice, but what pisses me off is that they took off the ranking system...

I mean come on, my lousy shaman which I hardly ever play on anymore is a scout, what it is even more disturbing is that once I hit 70 people are going to like go....WTF? :ph34r:

I wish they reimplement the system, it sucks for new players, espically making one from a new race.

Nice gear by the way Duke.

Anyone play on Destromath, one of the first PVP servers available when they started the MMO, it was nicknamed Destrolag earlier then.

I've only been playing since BC came out but I love it. Made me finally quit SWG.

Einder

I'm really interested to see where you are going with your talent spec. Love talking shop with other Hunters. And man, did the under 60 Hunters get screwed with itemization since our RAP mechanics change. I'd hate to have to level one now.

Small world, my friends and I play on Thorium Brotherhood. I really like playing on the RP server, way less D3wdSp34k than on the other servers I tried out. I came over from EQ a while back adn never looked back.

My horde toons are collecting dust these days, I haven't played my 60 priest since the expension came out, started up a bunch of alliance characters and have been having fun playing through the game from the alliance perspective.

Over on the Horde side I have a 60 troll priest, a 27 Orc Shaman, a 25 Tauren warrior and a 20ish Undead Warlock

Alliance wise I have a 38 Human Paladin, 36 Night Elf Hunter and a 28 Draenei Shaman that I am flipping back and forth between at the moment.

All my buddies except for my brother are still plowing away on the Horde side,

I'm a WoW widower. I tried it and got my undead mage up to level 15 but got bored and stopped playing. Got tired of it, then my GF says let me try it out. Next thing you know, I never get laid anymore and she has a level 56 tauren something or other...

Pallies?

Damn I hate Pallies

Been an Orc Warrior for a few months now, lvl 39 (almost mounting time)

could've leveled faster if I wasn't making money in AH

did any of you hit it big when TBC came out?

all those gold-laden players being ripped off to level up their alt's profession :)

I have played a few months and really enjoyed it. Unfortunatley my computer is a lil slow for the game nd lags way too much for me to get into for any good period of time. My husband was the one who started playing to begin with and I got hooked lol If I get and upgraded in my comp then I would go back to it but then I would have to buy another computer for my husband so we can play together. Otherwise there could be fighting in our future lol! So as of now we have given up and joned up again with old friends on EQOA since we both have Ps2's with internet connection. The sad part about it is my daughter has now started playing oon my account but wants to set her own up.

I play on Burning Legion, name is Barasil, lvl64 Tauren Hunter. My guild is called Pants.

I've been taking it very slow with the BC expansion, reading all the quests carefully, and completeing and ENTIRE zone before moving on. The game is much more enjoyable that way.

Edited by KingNor

I'm really interested to see where you are going with your talent spec. Love talking shop with other Hunters. And man, did the under 60 Hunters get screwed with itemization since our RAP mechanics change. I'd hate to have to level one now.

Well, for now that is a grind template. Gives my pet great tank/agro abilities and is light on the mana to revive, once I get to 60ish I am going to be taking points out of beast mastery and putting them into marksmanship.

I wasn't around for any of the nerfs or changes so I am pretty in the dark about what used to be great or not, but as it stands I have a blast and look forward to testing out different things in the future.

I play on Burning Legion, name is Barasil, lvl64 Tauren Hunter. My guild is called Pants.

I've been taking it very slow with the BC expansion, reading all the quests carefully, and completeing and ENTIRE zone before moving on. The game is much more enjoyable that way.

Same here, I've been hopping back and forth between Horde and Alliance to get a more complete picture.

Here are my two main toons:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#charact...mp;n=Rattlehead

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#charact...amp;n=Crystalyn

Patch 1.7 is generally considered to be the Hunters' Golden Age. Its been downhill every patch since then. As far as what you missed, Hunters used to get 2 RAP from 1 Agi. Now its 1:1. They made up for this by taking a chunk of Agi off of what was considered to be "Hunter gear", and replaced it will what would have been an equal amount of AP. However, we still lost Crit, Dodge, and Armor because their adjustments weren't really up to snuff in these areas concerning Agi.

What I meant by my comment was that you don't see the AP adjustment on any gear under 60. Compared to what Hunters got from Agi pre-WoW 2.0, you do alot less damage 1-60. Also, I don't think you should worry all that much about speccing out of BM at 60. There is a ton of solo work out there for you. Granted, I did 61-70 MM/S, but I had been BM when I first leveled 1-60 in 2005. If I were leveling a Hunter these days, I'd most likely run a build such as this.

I started playing back in Sept of 06 (I think). My main is a hunter (link below), but I recently started a Blood Elf Rogue. Once I hit 70 (couple weeks ago), I lost interest in my main, so I decided to hit my alts for a while. But I have to say the grind from 60-70 was the fastest bracket to level up besides lvl's 1-30.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/characte...ar&n=Hildia

I'll tell ya what sucked was as a casual 60 for many months I was finally starting to amass equipment that put me in a class apart from most. I wasn't THAT geared out, but I was certain to dominate any lvl59 I came across...then along comes BC and lvl 58 greens are comparable to the stuff I'm wearing.

Now that I'm even more casual than before (limited PC time) I'm back to being a whipping boy.

And is it just me or has everything they have done to the LFG system just made it harder to get a group? I wish they had left well enough alone. Global LFG was a disaster, and now the new LFG tool seems to me to be the most unused part of the game.

AND: no added rep. rewards for Steamwheedle. Now, I know we weren't promised anything...but I had hopes. As a much maligned engineer, I was hoping goblin rep was going to be their way of paying us back. After seeing the flying machine in one of the BC previews I was confident goblin rep would give us something besides 10% discount.

Nope. Revered with all 4 goblin cities, and for nothin'.

That's a cool build but I was going to finish with something like this..

You won't be running with Hawk up. Waste of 7 points. Well, maybe if you are PvPing, but you don't have a PvP build. Concussive Barrage, I just don't know. 3 points for a 6% chance to daze a target? Hmmm, dunno. Multi-shot is mana inefficient vs damage done, you're better off putting points into traps, which you will be using alot in 5 mans and Kzhan. Good CC will make you alot of friends and get you called into alot of groups. Hunter Shot Rotation in TBC is generally Arcane and Steady Shot. Rapid Killing is ok for farming, but it only procs if you get the killing blow, so its usefulness for anything else is limited. Combat Experience may be the biggest waste of a talent on all 3 trees (probably worse than Spirit Bond). Not having Silencing Shot with a Marksman Build... ya, you want that. Big time.

LFG is unused only because people keep hearing how much it sucks. Works well if you know what you are doing. Very well, actually. Hell, it would simply work better if people started using it instead of griping about it and not trying it. Drives me nuts. I've had some great groups out of the LFG tool.

i'm seriously considering a survival spec for my hunter. i need to see first hand how bad it is.

reading the skills it sounds like a lot of fun to be honest.

I'd like for one of my guys to respec Survival just for the procs, but generally it is a gimped DPS build, heavy on utility.

LFG is unused only because people keep hearing how much it sucks. Works well if you know what you are doing. Very well, actually. Hell, it would simply work better if people started using it instead of griping about it and not trying it. Drives me nuts. I've had some great groups out of the LFG tool.

I've had luck with the LFG tool. I honestly have no idea where the bad rap comes from, other than it sometimes takes forever to get a group together. Its cool though, theres usually something else to do in the meantime.

I started playing back in Sept of 06 (I think). My main is a hunter (link below), but I recently started a Blood Elf Rogue. Once I hit 70 (couple weeks ago), I lost interest in my main, so I decided to hit my alts for a while. But I have to say the grind from 60-70 was the fastest bracket to level up besides lvl's 1-30.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/characte...ar&n=Hildia

Thats a nice bow, where did it drop? Or was it a quest reward?