World of Warcraft

Duke Togo

Figured it was about time someone threw up a topic on the game, its only the biggest MMO on the planet. Anyone else play? Anyone tinkering around with The Burning Crusade expansion?

It will be one year tomorrow since I first joined World of Warcraft, my first and only online game. The only game I play at all these days, actually.

I played for a few months and loved it while I did. Towards the end my guild got swallowed up by a much larger one that only wanted "hardcore" gamers that would be able to level and tackle dungeons every day... isn't all that great when the new guild recruiter looks at you and says "Sorry, we're looking for serious players only." Terminated credit card payment just before the great Druid makeover, lvl 29 feral Druid.

I've got a 60 Warrior, but when I play now I mostly just mess around, gank lowbies, run my lowbie buddies through dungeons and stuff like that.

I'm in a great end-game guild with a few of my real life buddies, but because of east-coast west-coast timing issues and time committment issues on my part I don't do a lot of end-game raiding.

I have a few epics but won't be getting any more until the expansion I imagine.

The game was GREAT up until level 50 or so. Then it dragged until 60...where it picked up for a while, and has since plateaued. At least for me.

It's the only MMORPG I play, so I can't compare it to anything besides EQ1, which my friends convinced me to play years ago. WoW is A LOT better than that game was at least.

I've been playing for about 3 months. I'm a night elf rogue on the Killrogg server PVE (player versus enviorment). LVL 35 for now. I just really want to warn people right now this game is very addicting. 14.99 a month or pay up front for 6 month for 13.99 i think or its 12.99 for 6 months up front I think. You can solo but you have to eventually join a guild after awhile in the game if you want to do end game quest. Money is hard to make if your not the right profession like herbalism. Any ways i don't want to bore anybody with endless banter unless your intrested. If anyone wants to play meet me up on the killrogg server my characters name is Rahyor.

from Rich

PS anyone here about the convention in korea that there going to probably release another murloc pet call Gurky the female murloc. Oh yeah the blizzard con pet murky the murloc will expire in Oct i heard its freakin expensive to buy on ebay like $300-$700 for a pet crazy. So you actually have untill Oct to get that pet before its gone forever.

I played the game for almost a year (on the few nights in witch my girlfriend wasn’t hogging my computer playing the damned game). I had a lvl 30 something troll rogue. It was a fun game but it still demands a lot of time and since I couldn’t convince any of my cheapskate friends to play I felt I wasn’t playing to it’s full potential (playing with your close buddies instead of just faceless nicknames must be really fun). All the people I met in WoW played a lot more than I did so I couldn't keep up.

I haven’t erased the game because my girlfriend plans on getting addicted again someday (says it’s a great way to fight work stress and learn English…).

I have a level 60 Night Elf Hunter, geared with a mix of Tier 1 & 2. I ran in (and lead for a stretch) a PvP group, but retired at Commander. Took alot of fun out of the game for me, it became like a job. Our 7th Grand Marshal graduates on Tuesday, and our 8th the week after. I am in what I definitely would call a "casual guild", but we are currently running Blackwing Lair. We have some real talent in the guild, but I don't think any of us want to get trapped in what you see going on with most of the "hard core" guilds. Very friendly and laid back, we would like to think we have a family friendly atmosphere, and we frown upon general vuglarity in the guild.

I had actually left the game last December for about 5 months. I hit that "level 60, where do I go from here?" place, and flat out dropped the game. After 5 months and alot of badgering, I came back with my level 60 totally naked, with not a single item in his inventory, and 26 silver to his name. The lesson learned? If you are going to leave WoW, don't sell off everything you own, give the money away, and then delete your character. Just close the account, it will all be waiting for you when you return. :)

I have a level 60 Night Elf Hunter, geared with a mix of Tier 1 & 2. I ran in (and lead for a stretch) a PvP group, but retired at Commander. Took alot of fun out of the game for me, it became like a job. Our 7th Grand Marshal graduates on Tuesday, and our 8th the week after. I am in what I definitely would call a "casual guild", but we are currently running Blackwing Lair. We have some real talent in the guild, but I don't think any of us want to get trapped in what you see going on with most of the "hard core" guilds. Very friendly and laid back, we would like to think we have a family friendly atmosphere, and we frown upon general vuglarity in the guild.

I had actually left the game last December for about 5 months. I hit that "level 60, where do I go from here?" place, and flat out dropped the game. After 5 months and alot of badgering, I came back with my level 60 totally naked, with not a single item in his inventory, and 26 silver to his name. The lesson learned? If you are going to leave WoW, don't sell off everything you own, give the money away, and then delete your character. Just close the account, it will all be waiting for you when you return. :)

OK, here's a question for you hunters then:

Why do I see so many of you out and about without your pets out? As a warrior I used to be afraid of hunters because they could kite me forever with a good pet and traps...but recently I've come across a good number of lone hunters. Not like I'm complaining though, easy HK...but why would you ever NOT have your pet out? Hell, I always have my non-combat pet out, and he doesn't do anything.

OK, here's a question for you hunters then:

Why do I see so many of you out and about without your pets out? As a warrior I used to be afraid of hunters because they could kite me forever with a good pet and traps...but recently I've come across a good number of lone hunters. Not like I'm complaining though, easy HK...but why would you ever NOT have your pet out? Hell, I always have my non-combat pet out, and he doesn't do anything.

Its easier to travel that way, as having a pet out adds their aggro radius to yours. Also, Flop Death drops the Hunter out of combat, not the pet. Then their is that annoying thing about having to feed them constantly.

Really, a Warrior should never be afraid of Hunters. You can charge us from range, Hamstring keeps us from dropping out of combat (and thus laying traps) when we Flop Death, and our mail and low hit points make us easy kills. A decently geared Warrior at this stage of the game has too much armor and health for a Hunter to solo.

As far as Hunter pets go, well, they scale horribly with level. At level 60, they cannot hold aggro against even auto-shots. Even if they do, their health and armor is too low to really last out a decent fight. Also, since the pet speed nerf in 1.9, they have alot of trouble doing anything against a moving mob/player. Pets have to be standing still to execute an attack, and they have a seriously hard time doing this if they can't keep up with the target.

What can pets do as of 1.12? Well, they give you a break to do some damage before you have to start kiting a mob. They can add upwards of 100 DPS in raids, if you know what you are doing and how to handle your pet. They can (sometimes) pull a mob off a healer and give a tank the chance to pick it up. They can still piss off casters in PvP, and they are pretty good at picking up stealthed Rogues when put on Aggressive.

Personally, I have two pets: one for PvE and one for PvP. This comes down to attack speed and their skill build, and I really couldn't swap one with the other.

Ah..I didn't know pets sucked so bad. They seem supa cool. The aggro and feeding issues would certainly be enough reason to not have them out all the time.

One huge advantage hunters have is in CCing. If I lose against an epicced-out hunter (I only have three fairly mild epics), he can camp me for ever and ever with that "find humanoid" ability. No rezzing behind a tree and mounting up while he looks for you...he has you dead to rights from the get go.

But I don't mind hunters too much...and they seem to be by and large cool players in my experiance.

Alliance mages and rogues (well all rogues) are the bastards.

I have never seen an Alliance mage that didn't attack me as soon as the advantage was his (which is pretty often).

And ALL rogues, level 1-60 are kill on sight in my book.

edit: funny about Feign Death...why do hunters use that in PvP? Do they think I'm stupid or something? I have never seen it fool anyone, and I don't think it even makes you lose your target anymore...

Edited by Phyrox

edit: funny about Feign Death...why do hunters use that in PvP? Do they think I'm stupid or something? I have never seen it fool anyone, and I don't think it even makes you lose your target anymore...

It does, plus its the only way to drop out of combat and place a trap. In certain cases, Flop and Shadowmeld for a Nelf Hunter can be a life saver.

I played till I hit a Levl 30 with my Tauren Shaman. Played a little on alliance servers and have some character their.

But I gave up due to how much the game wastes your life, I'm currently a Nintendo person right now, and it seems pretty good.

Might go back on before Burning Crusade is released.

By any chance is anyone on Chromagus or Destromath? Exuse me if I mispelled the names.

Mount changes in Patch 1.12.1, currently on the PTR:

There will be effectively two riding skill levels, apprentice and journeyman. The cost for the riding skill will be significantly higher than it previously was, however this is offset by a drastically lower cost for the actual mount.

For current players with mounts there will be a seamless transition to the new system. You will continue to have your mount; you will continue to be able to use it, etc. What this change does for players who don't yet have a mount or an epic mount is take the emphasis off of the mount itself, and put it on the riding skill. This helps give players access to more variety without requiring a large monetary investment if they, for instance, just want to pick a different coloured horse.

This change was implemented after the latest revision of the patch notes was made available for inclusion into the 1.12.1 patch binary. It will be documented in a future revision however.

Rank 11 and higher players will no longer need Exalted reputation to be able to ride cross-racial Rank 11 Mounts. Having 4 Epic Mounts won't be such a big deal anymore. :lol:

The mount thing doesn't bother me as I still use my level 40 mount. It just never seemed worth it to grind or beg, or actually pay real money for an epic. The extra speed is nice, but I can count on both hands the times I've thought "my kingdom for a faster mount!" (I will save up for a flying mount though)

The new races don't excite me either.

Dranae or whatever sounded cool, but look like fatties.

And the new elves are lamo (like all the other elves).

personally I'm gambling for some long-overdue goblin rep rewards and some new schematics.

I've been playing since beta. Its by far the best MMO I have ever played. I'm currently on Argent Dawn and have three 60's there, a NE Hunter, a Human Mage and a Human Warlock.

I'll be rolling a Blood Elf and probably play him as a Mage while taking up Shaman with my Dranei.

The problem with the Expansion is that the new races look so much better than the original. The current models really do look out-dated in comparison. The Blood Elf lands look better than anything in the game. You will be absolutely shocked when you see the new racial starting zones and the Outlands in person. Clearly a step above what is in game so far.

Just wanted to brag that I just got my dreadmist robe off my first UBRS run :)

Lucky dog. I've only ever seen the damn thing drop a few times...and you would not believe how hard it is to get a group (even an all-guild one) to let a warrior roll on Dreadmist. Especially in a 10-man. I'm starting to think I'll never get one. Just got the mask from Scholo. though, so just the robe and shoulders to complete the look.

warriors dont need dreadmist man, it be shame to let them roll on it if there are warlocks who need it.

You'd be surprised how often I hear this...as if by level 60 I haven't learned that I don't need +intel + stam cloth gear. Amazing. That's why it's so hard, of course I don't need it for christ's sake.

I try to find groups without a 'lock, or with warlocks who have dreadmist or better...but like I said, it isn't that easy.

It's just for fun, but man, it's getting tedious.

I would like to sell my account, where is a good site to do that?

eBay. The buyer won't be able to change the user information, though, so keep that in mind. Nor can any characters be transfered to another account. Chances are any attempted sale will get nixed on the respectable auction sites, and if Blizzard finds out your account will be banned, meaning your toon(s) will be gone, and if you sold it, you'll most likely need to refund the sale.

What it all comes down to is don't do it. Just close the account. If you ever decide to come back, it will all be there waiting.

Edited by Duke Togo

What the hell is a warrior rolling on dreadmist for???

Yeah I've been going to UBRS consistently with my warlock since he was 57 and still no robes...I did get the shoulders from Jandice the other night. Also am more the halfway done with my dreadsteed quest. Just gotta wait another couple days so my mage can make one more arcanite bar for that lodestone then its off to DM and the final stage. Already got another warlock with the mats I need so I dont have to pay that extra 200+ gold. Tab on mats and what not already is 300g.