Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

Cheadle > Howard.

Howard got a Crispin Glover syndrome probably. Pity, just when I got used to the idea of him as War Machine. Hell though, they really could have gotten anybody and in the back of my mind I half expected a change of actor for one reason or another. I would have predicted notoriety as the deciding issue though... like Denzel Washington or Wesley Snipes sniping the role.

In that case, why not have Dwayne Johnson as Rhody?

I think that's actually the most suitable choice given how the comic apparently depicted him. Ignoring the whole him supposed to being a Marine instead of Chair Force. ;)

For those who have the 2-disc edition, go to The Invincible Iron Man on Disc 2.

During an interview with former writer Gerry Conway, there's a display case with a collection of Marvel figures behind him. Two of the figures have been censored. Anyone know which characters these are?

The blue one is Nick Fury. I looked around for the exact one, but its an oldie, I havent seen it for years and couldnmt find a pic.

The red one could be anything, but i suspect its a Spiderman

Edited by Scream Man

The blue one is Nick Fury. I looked around for the exact one, but its an oldie, I haven't seen it for years and couldn't find a pic.

The red one could be anything, but i suspect its a Spider-Man

Okay then, why did they censor Nick Fury? No film company other than Marvel Studios has the rights to that character.

For those who checked out the deleted scenes, what did you think of the original ending?

SPOILER

On the original ending, the Arc Reactor overload does not instantly kill Stane. The Iron Monger suit hangs on the edge next to Stark. Stark holds on to Stane as he tries to free himself from the cockpit. Realizing his lower body is stuck, Stane then grabs Stark's arm with both hands as an attempt to bring him along his fall. Stark releases parts of his forearm armor, sending Stane falling to his death.

I thought it was a little cliche and over-emphasized how "evil" Stane was which was completely unnecessary. It made it almost a bit cartoonish, I thought. I much prefer the original ending.

Having gone through all the deleted scenes, I'm glad they were all cut. They all didn't add anything to the film, and were often very redundant as to conveying already established motivations/personalities. The only scene I thought might add something to the story was the Dubais trip to help explain how he got to the middle east, but that would undercut/replace the best original scene where Pepper Pots sees Tony trying to get out of his armor after that escapade. The cut Rhodes scenes where he helps Tony fight Iron Monger are particularly awful because they make absolutely no sense.

I'm also dissappointed with The Incredible Hulk cut scenes for pretty much the same exact reasons. The cut scenes do make you appreciate how well cut the theatrical films are though.

It's a pretty good year to be a Marvel fan.

Having gone through all the deleted scenes, I'm glad they were all cut. They all didn't add anything to the film, and were often very redundant as to conveying already established motivations/personalities. The only scene I thought might add something to the story was the Dubais trip to help explain how he got to the middle east, but that would undercut/replace the best original scene where Pepper Pots sees Tony trying to get out of his armor after that escapade. The cut Rhodes scenes where he helps Tony fight Iron Monger are particularly awful because they make absolutely no sense.

The scenes involving the Audi crashes were a mess because according to director John Favreau, they had too many built-in safety features to do the desired stunt work.

Iron Man and Audi Cars

The scenes involving the Audi crashes were a mess because according to director John Favreau, they had too many built-in safety features to do the desired stunt work.

Iron Man and Audi Cars

I had more of a problem with Rhodey being in that exact place at that exact time and also being able to have the open opportunity to do what he did. Given the chaotic nature of the IM vs Monger battle, it just didn't make any sense. Like I said, I'm glad it was cut.

Okay then, why did they censor Nick Fury? No film company other than Marvel Studios has the rights to that character.

Because they got Samuel L. Jackson to play Fury in the movie, which makes him based on his Ultimates apperance which is patterend after Samuel L. Jackson. Probably didn't want to confuse people lol.

the perfect solution.

Kirk Lazarus

ironmensq9.jpg

I would pay so much money to see that.

Man, I'm glad they got cheadle now. It's seems weird that someone at Marvel is airing dirty laundry though, and Howard's side of it is staying gracious.

I just watched this finally last night. Good movie IMO. Great special effects and the mecha was pretty darned baddd aasssssss!

The YF-22, that is not macross is it?

The YF-22 is not Macross, but during its development it was competing against the prototype Northrop YF-23 [1] and its often cited that this competition was one of the inspirations for the plot (and look) of Macross Plus.

I really liked the Iron Man movie; I felt the ending was a bit of a let-down but everything else was very, very good. If you haven't seen it, do watch past the end of the credits!

[1] Something of a fan favourite on Macross World, and also quite possibly the most Macross-y real world aircraft ever.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=68&pid=389

Alternate head that has a raising face- plate revealing the face of Robert Downey Jr. as TONY STARK

- 12-inch figure stand

Raising???

IF that's true dead set i'm happy!

So we got 1 head for the face of Stark and with the face-plate that can raised and be lowered.

And the other for for the lighted up eyes.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie