The PlayStation 3 Thread!

Apollo Leader

I decided that I wasn't going to camp a PS3 and just wait till I could walk in an buy one, while doing a little last minute christmas shopping Thursday, Toys R Us had a shipment in so I snagged one and I have had nothing but fun with it.

My only complaint is that the Blue Ray Library isn't deeper, I'd be in heaven if 20th Century Fox was on board. Ridge Racer 7 is great, Resistance co-op is a blast, ESPN Fight night looks great.

Anyhow, getting off the net to go spend some time with my new shiny playstation baby :)

I decided that I wasn't going to camp a PS3 and just wait till I could walk in an buy one, while doing a little last minute christmas shopping Thursday, Toys R Us had a shipment in so I snagged one and I have had nothing but fun with it.

My only complaint is that the Blue Ray Library isn't deeper, I'd be in heaven if 20th Century Fox was on board. Ridge Racer 7 is great, Resistance co-op is a blast, ESPN Fight night looks great.

Anyhow, getting off the net to go spend some time with my new shiny playstation baby :)

Fox is on board Blu-ray (X-Men, Fantastic 4, etc.). In fact, all studios are save for Universal.

Was busy all day...downloading GT HD now... ;)

So, there've been quite a few of you guys that have been able to merely "walk in" and score a system. I'm assuming that Sony's doing a better job with this launch than MS did a year ago...

I wasn't going to buy a PS3 until april or may, because basically I thought, It was gonna be hard as hell to find one, so I didn't even tried.... and I thought I could use the money to instead buy Yamato Macross goodies (lots of valk :))....

I went yesterday to a Gamestop just around the corner from where I live, I had to buy a little nephew a present, he is 7 and becoming a little video game freak as me (he has a gamecube), so I thought to give him a used Gameboy Advance (around 20$ + 5$ for insurance), along with a game; and get him started on portable gaming. So I was in line minding my own business, when I notice the woman in front of me, returning a bag with a big box inside, I start to try to look at the contents..... and oooohhh my gawd..... she had a PS3 and was returning it......... :blink: .... she said something that she had another and if she could return it also..... :blink: , I was thinking WTF????? she has two???? and is returning both?????.... when she went to the car to bring the other one.... I went to the salesman, and asked If she was returning them, and if they were ok or had something wrong... He told me that the lady bought one for his son (preorder I guess), her husband bought another one for the same kid (preorder I guess again), at the end the spoiled brat wanted a wii, so what did they do..???? they returned both.......

It was my chance.... I scanned very quickly the store and saw a couple of people eyeing the boxes..... but.... tough..... I was after the lady on the line.... so to make the story short.... I BOUGHT THE PS3 ..... I now really believe in xmas miracles, what are the chances to find a PS3, on a December 23rd.... talk about being in the right place at the right time...

Well so I bought it, along with Resistance Fall of Man (I think the best of the games available), and I can say that I'm gonna have a very, excuse me VERY VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D JOY :D JOY :D JOY :D

by the way after spending almost 700$ on a videogame, I bought the little nephew a used gamecube game.... sorry kid, I don't have any money now..... AND.... for anyone living around Havertown PA, in the Philadelphia area..... there is one PS3 on the Gamestop in the Manoa Shopping Center...

Edited by rarra92

I downloaded the Gran Tourismo demo last night and unlocked all 10 of the cars through time trial, all I could say was Wow during the intro movie, this system is going to blow the doors off the house when more game publishers learn to program for it. I can't imagine how far they will take graphics and game physics with this machine after seeing how much power they have been able to squeeze out of the PS2 after all these years.

Hearing that Fox is onboard with Blu-Ray makes me extremely happy. I won't replace movies I own on DVD for the most part, but my favorite movies such as Alien/Aliens I will in a split second.

I :wub: my PS3

P.S. ToysRUs had 9 PS3 60GB in stock Thursday night here, Best Buy in my city had 25 on the shelf on Saturday (yesterday) while I was in there. I have heard all sorts of rumors about the stores hoarding stock to get shoppers in the door close to christmas, who knows if it's truel but there has been a steady stream of PS3's comign in to stores here for the past few weeks.

Edited by Ghadrack

So, there've been quite a few of you guys that have been able to merely "walk in" and score a system. I'm assuming that Sony's doing a better job with this launch than MS did a year ago...

I just walked in an got mine too. Actually, I bought a XBOX that morning at Bestbuy and then went to another Bestbuy for something else. Some guy walk by with a PS3, and I figured to check it out. There it was and nobody seem to have notice.

That same store restocked PS3 at least twice in the last week as I know of. But the funny thing was now they have employees guarding the PS3, to prevent fights breaking out they said.

It caused my to get a new receiver, and a set of Bose speakers (they were good value). I've been enjoying it all week, now I just need to figure out what to do with my 50" then I can get a 60" TV. :D

I wasn't going to buy a PS3 until april or may, because basically I thought, It was gonna be hard as hell to find one, so I didn't even tried.... and I thought I could use the money to instead buy Yamato Macross goodies (lots of valk :))....

I went yesterday to a Gamestop just around the corner from where I live, I had to buy a little nephew a present, he is 7 and becoming a little video game freak as me (he has a gamecube), so I thought to give him a used Gameboy Advance (around 20$ + 5$ for insurance), along with a game; and get him started on portable gaming. So I was in line minding my own business, when I notice the woman in front of me, returning a bag with a big box inside, I start to try to look at the contents..... and oooohhh my gawd..... she had a PS3 and was returning it......... :blink: .... she said something that she had another and if she could return it also..... :blink: , I was thinking WTF????? she has two???? and is returning both?????.... when she went to the car to bring the other one.... I went to the salesman, and asked If she was returning them, and if they were ok or had something wrong... He told me that the lady bought one for his son (preorder I guess), her husband bought another one for the same kid (preorder I guess again), at the end the spoiled brat wanted a wii, so what did they do..???? they returned both.......

It was my chance.... I scanned very quickly the store and saw a couple of people eyeing the boxes..... but.... tough..... I was after the lady on the line.... so to make the story short.... I BOUGHT THE PS3 ..... I now really believe in xmas miracles, what are the chances to find a PS3, on a December 23rd.... talk about being in the right place at the right time...

Well so I bought it, along with Resistance Fall of Man (I think the best of the games available), and I can say that I'm gonna have a very, excuse me VERY VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D JOY :D JOY :D JOY :D

by the way after spending almost 700$ on a videogame, I bought the little nephew a used gamecube game.... sorry kid, I don't have any money now..... AND.... for anyone living around Havertown PA, in the Philadelphia area..... there is one PS3 on the Gamestop in the Manoa Shopping Center...

Good for you! :D The PS3 is not just a game system (Sony said so), I've watched a couple of BD movies, and I'm pretty much hooked. I just which Sony would come out with a remote control.

By the way, kids need to read more, playing outside with their friends. Video games are for grownups. :p My buddy's four years old specifically asked for a white DS, we still couldn't figure out how he knew about that. And when his two see the DS, he wanted one too. So my buddy had to drive around pretty much everywhere.

Snapped a quick pic next to my Harmony. The remote is Bluetooth only, so it will only control the PS3 but it's a nice basic unit. Wish Harmony would add BT to their next remote so I can resume the "all in one" feature I used to have.

IPB Image

Edited by Gaijin

I am assuming you guys that have PS3's have downloaded the Gran Tourismo HD Demo and played it by now, what do you think?

My Brother and I sat and played Fight Night Round 3 for about 9 hours yesterday, it is a fun game. The control scheme took a while to get the hang of (I haven't played any other games in the franchise) but once I did it is a blast.

Snapped a quick pic next to my Harmony. The remote is Bluetooth only, so it will only control the PS3 but it's a nice basic unit. Wish Harmony would add BT to their next remote so I can resume the "all in one" feature I used to have.

Hah! Nice magazine. The 1911 rocks. I've only had the chance to fire my grandfather's once, though. :(

I am assuming you guys that have PS3's have downloaded the Gran Tourismo HD Demo and played it by now, what do you think?

It is impressive. My freind came over and thought I was watching video of a car whenthe replay was going. "That's a GAME?!!??" was her expression.

Hah! Nice magazine. The 1911 rocks. I've only had the chance to fire my grandfather's once, though. :(

Yes, the 1911 is still my all time fave handgun too. ;)

My sister and mom had the same reaction, they dropped by on Christmas Day and I was running through / practicing the drift trials, they thought I was watching recorded car accidents for a minute. If the graphics on that demo are any indication of what quality first/second gen games for the system are going to look like, wow, I can't imagine what Square Enix will be able to pull out of this machine in 2 years......

I just walked in an got mine too. Actually, I bought a XBOX that morning at Bestbuy and then went to another Bestbuy for something else. Some guy walk by with a PS3, and I figured to check it out. There it was and nobody seem to have notice.

That same store restocked PS3 at least twice in the last week as I know of. But the funny thing was now they have employees guarding the PS3, to prevent fights breaking out they said.

It caused my to get a new receiver, and a set of Bose speakers (they were good value). I've been enjoying it all week, now I just need to figure out what to do with my 50" then I can get a 60" TV. :D

I got mine during a walk in, at Wal-Mart of all places. i was just looking for a PSP game and I notice a note on the PS3 displays,

"PS3 in Stock, 1 per customer"

I long ago gave up on owning a PS3 and had money for some snow tires. Since there had been no snow I figured, the PS3 a wad full of cash and myself in the same place MUST be a sign, I bought one on the spot and on the way out was told my Wal-mart employees to be careful on my way to my car. I love the system, but lament spending snow tire money. Since I bought it it has snowed everyday.

I worked at a videogame store over the Christmas weekend and I was only asked a total of 3 times if we had any PS3's in stock. We did have six systems in stock (3 20 giggers, 3 60 giggers) and didn't sell any of them, but this probably had to do with the fact that we were selling bundles only.

I wasn't surprised that we didn't sell any PS3's, but what shocked me was the utter lack of interest in the system. I don't know if people were apathetic because they've resigned themselves to the fact that they won't be getting one (due to price or alleged scarcity) or they just don't care about the system overall. What were the big sellers were the Nintendo Wii's and DS's. People gobbled up our used chunky DS' even after I warned them that it was the "old" DS system and not the sleeker Lite version :huh:

Edited by TheLoneWolf

I got mine during a walk in, at Wal-Mart of all places. i was just looking for a PSP game and I notice a note on the PS3 displays,

"PS3 in Stock, 1 per customer"

I long ago gave up on owning a PS3 and had money for some snow tires. Since there had been no snow I figured, the PS3 a wad full of cash and myself in the same place MUST be a sign, I bought one on the spot and on the way out was told my Wal-mart employees to be careful on my way to my car. I love the system, but lament spending snow tire money. Since I bought it it has snowed everyday.

you better be careful driving.

Guys correct me if I`m wrong my friend just told me that PS3 will have a MZ23 game based on the upcoming new ova.

You know, I completely forgot about the new OVA, but now I can't wait again! To answer your question, I haven't heard anything about one, though Gunota has info about a new PS3 Gundam game that looks infinately better than the launch crap we got.

From the early release of this week's Famitsu magazine.

The game development is at 70% and it has been under production since 2 years ago. It will have space battles, movie recreations of scenes from the original anime, gauges like boost and durability. Release date is Spring.

Confirmed units: Gundam (with Hyper Bazooka, Beam Javelin, Gundam Hammer, and beam rifle), Guncannon, GM, GM Command (space type), Ball, White Base, Char Zaku II, Zaku II, Gouf, Gouf Flight Type, Dom (including Black Tristar), Rick Dom, Elmeth, Gundam Mk-II, Zeta Gundam, GM II (AEUG), Nemo, Hizack (EFF), Marasai, Barzam, Bound Doc, The O, Qubeley, Gaza C, and ZZ Gundam.

And this is something I can get excited about, especially if it uses a variation of the Vs engine. PS3 quality Zeta is just too tempting to pass up.

Here's another Gundam game....hooooooraaaayyyyy <_<:wacko:

or is this the same game you're talking about, Keith?

Bandai Namco and Koei jointly announced a new PlayStation 3 strategic action game called Gundam Musou, this game combines popular Gundam characters with Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors) style action and strategic gameplay elements in massive battlefields. The game will be released in 2007.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

post-121-1167319826_thumb.jpg

Edited by dejr8bud

You know, I completely forgot about the new OVA, but now I can't wait again! To answer your question, I haven't heard anything about one, though Gunota has info about a new PS3 Gundam game that looks infinately better than the launch crap we got.

And this is something I can get excited about, especially if it uses a variation of the Vs engine. PS3 quality Zeta is just too tempting to pass up.

Hopefully Crossfire hasn't deep sixed any future Gundam game releases for the US... little more has been said about the US release of the Xbox 360 game and it seems like they've been shying away from using the Gundam name for identifying it (just calling it "Mobile Ops The One Year War").

If this next Gundam game is any good, I might eventually get a PS3 though my 360 is keeping me plenty busy and occupied. Hopefully Sony can get rumble back in to their controllers!

Not as long as the lawsuit is keeping them from that. Or they continue to tell us that the motion-sensitive controller won't accept rumbling.

Additionally, a rumble featured controller released after the fact probably would not get widespread support. It would be an optional peripheral, and therefore go widely unsupported.

Additionally, a rumble featured controller released after the fact probably would not get widespread support. It would be an optional peripheral, and therefore go widely unsupported.

With the PS1, the first dual analog stick didn't appear until about two years after the PS1 came out followed by the Dual Shock soon afterwards. Even though those controllers didn't appear until a few years after the PS1's launch, they did quite well and set the standard for all PlayStation controllers for almost a decade. As soon as the rumble feature is restored to the Sixaxis, people will be most definitely getting that controller. Controllers don't have the same stigma that system upgrades have (ie. Sega CD, 32X, etc.).

Last night I finally saw a 60GB PS3 for sale at a local Best Buy. Also one of the Gamestops I go to also had PS3's in stock. If anyone's looking for a PS3 right now, it looks like supply is catching up and the scalpers are all but done in trying to make a profit on these things on eBay. But I will say that until some sure fire hits come out on this system, 2007 is going to be a slow year for the PS3.

I have some the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games people complain that it's always the same but they are fun games. Makes you think you aren't the only one on your side. I'd buy this game but first I need a PS3.

List of Game I'm interested on the PS3

Gundam Musou

Metal Gear

My game interested list needs to expand more inorder for me to get a PS3.

What about the Blu-Ray movies?

I have some the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games people complain that it's always the same but they are fun games. Makes you think you aren't the only one on your side. I'd buy this game but first I need a PS3.

List of Game I'm interested on the PS3

Gundam Musou

Metal Gear

My game interested list needs to expand more inorder for me to get a PS3.

I worked at a videogame store over the Christmas weekend and I was only asked a total of 3 times if we had any PS3's in stock. We did have six systems in stock (3 20 giggers, 3 60 giggers) and didn't sell any of them, but this probably had to do with the fact that we were selling bundles only.

I wasn't surprised that we didn't sell any PS3's, but what shocked me was the utter lack of interest in the system. I don't know if people were apathetic because they've resigned themselves to the fact that they won't be getting one (due to price or alleged scarcity) or they just don't care about the system overall. What were the big sellers were the Nintendo Wii's and DS's. People gobbled up our used chunky DS' even after I warned them that it was the "old" DS system and not the sleeker Lite version :huh:

wow... yea i can't believe how the DS has been selling out like hot cakes everywhere too now... it's definitely a bit hit for Nintendo this season..... and it just seems that PS3's just missed the mark this year....

never got a PS2.... probably won't get a PS3.... just too rich and unnecessary for my simple gaming tastes....

What about the Blu-Ray movies?

I still say Sony is potentially shooting themselves in the foot by bundling a Blu-Ray player in with the PS3. If Blu-Ray fails, then the PS3 is going to be even less attractive on the markets. Microsoft did the right thing by releasing an add-on movie player; if HD-DVD flops, then they'll just produce a Blu-Ray add-on.