The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

That gundam game looks good. I wish they would port the gundam 1st person shooter they have at Saga City in Akihabara. My wife and I played it for a good 45min.

Its also from 0079 UC but you play the part of 2 Ace zaku pilots. It kinda played like the house of the dead games but you held a zaku machine gun, and swung that to block, and use your saber.

Did you guys see the news today? Wii production is supposedly being bumped so high as to eliminate shortages by next month. This news one day following the abrupt retirement of the man who oversaw the introduction of the PS3. It's like a little soap opera.

Did you guys see the news today? Wii production is supposedly being bumped so high as to eliminate shortages by next month. This news one day following the abrupt retirement of the man who oversaw the introduction of the PS3. It's like a little soap opera.

Saw it. Definitely great news for those like my friend who JUST found a Wii. He's quite shocked that everyone's still camping out early hours to get their hands one of em.

Nintendo plans to boost Wii production

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070427/ap_on_.../japan_nintendo

Has anyone else seen this yet? It's footage of Mario Strikers Charged's online system.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=17071 - Check out the second video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITpEjanIoA - Here is a YouTube link to it as well.

Seems the following is in place.

1. Leaderboards (along with a player of the day feature that is upated every minute)

2. Seasons (last 3 months)

3. Friends Lists

4. Invites (if friends are online)

5. Guest play (only one of your Miis can be used at a time but others an play with you online from your console though)

6. Seeing what you friends are doing online (if they are can play, are in a game already, offline)

7. Ranked and Unranked matches (unranked are friend coded, while ranked are done with a match maker based on your wins and losses)

8. Positive points system. You gain points in everything you do though on the other hand. Players of the day are based on points gained. However you lose points if you quit a match before it's completed.

Also the lobby looks pretty good as well and you use Miis as your profiles with them being shown, at least faces.

Also I think it's also been said that ranked matches are region locked, meaning if you are in North America you can only play those in North America, etc. Though I believe friend coded matches (unranked) aren't limited like that.

I can't wait to get this. I just hope 3rd party developers can deliver the same type of content. Wouldn't be surprised if Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii have the same online setup for Mario Strikers Charged. I wonder if the Pokemon game's online is being done or redone in a similar manner.

Edited by Effect

A friend of mine at work said on Sunday him and a bunch of his buddies split up the price of 3 wii motes and 1 Wii console and picked one up in the evening. So it looks like some places here in oregon are starting to get a better supply of them now.

My only gripe on what he did is that he's now gotta split that console with 2 other people......and the Wii is so much fun it could end friendships :p

Are your friends in middle school or something?

Heh I'm like 2 years older then him and he nearly throws a fit if I don't bring him a volume of Naruto every week.

Any time you mix friends or family and money you are cruisin for a bruisin, age matters little. Money always brings out the worst in some.

Exactly....I've faught my old man on using the computer in Highschool, and I've faught with a friend over Everquest cause he couldn't get it running so I borrowed his copy to play it and he wanted it back and told him to piss off I'm playing.

The Wii can do the exact samething.

Soul Calibur Legends for the Wii. Sounds cool.

UPDATE: 1UP has the full scoop on Soul Calibur's next move -- read on.

We have little doubt Namco Bandai's working on a full-fledged fighting Soul Calibur sequel, but they're preparing a little diversion for the Nintendo fans in the audience: Soul Calibur Legends. Exclusive to the Wii platform, Soul Calibur Legends involves plenty of combat, but not in the traditional Soul Calibur sense -- this one's a third person action adventure.

The announcement suggests Seigfried takes point in the storyline, but Namco Bandai promises players will play their favorites from the series -- and even introduce some new faces, too. We know little of the story, though, other than understanding the characters come together to complete "a quest for ultimate power in order to save an empire from destruction."

"Over the past ten years, since the release of the original Soul Blade, the team behind the Soulcalibur series has pushed the envelope of technology and innovation with each iteration," said Makoto Iwai, exec. VP and COO of Namco Bandai America. "With Soulcalibur Legends, they saw the opportunity to once again create an immersive experience that is unique to the franchise."

The control scheme's being kept under wraps, but is said to incorporate both the Wiimote and nunchuck simultaneously. There should be something more than simply swinging the Wiimote around, just don't expect the same depth as the fighting series. As more fighting experience is gathered, however, players can earn titles (i.e. Knight, Soldier) that unlock additional attacks.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159324

I got the chance to play paper mario.....I wasn't really that into it. mostly because I had more work to do rather then playing games. It really sucks that I don't got time between now and June 20th cause of insurance.

my wife bought me a wii a few weeks ago as a "just because" gift. It's fun, her and I have friendly competitions against each other of course I always hold back a bit for her sake but we all have a good time, can even get the kids involved.

I've played (not beat) the newest Zelda but i still think the good old Zelda: A Link to the Past for SNES was the best one; it really set the standard for how Zelda games are formatted and none of the newer ones have that same kind of charm that it had.

a new Rygar game is being made for the Wii, onlyt a few pictures of the characters are up, no in game pics. i love the original game for the Nes as well as the PS2 version this one seems to be a sequel to the PS2 game

chris

What is the actual release date for Brawl?

Hideo Kojima played the game himself and he said it was pretty much complete the way it is.

I think this is just a marketing strategy, they are going to wait until they can cooperate a date in which they will have a good amount of Wiis available and then give a date.

Tomb Raider Anniversary. Says the controls will be reworked for the Wii

The publisher promised to let gamers take control of its mascot heroine in "brand new, unique ways" with the Wii controller, but didn't go into specifics. A release window for the Wii edition of the game will be announced later. As for the other versions, Eidos last month pegged a June 5 North American launch for the PC and PS2 versions, and the PSP edition is expected to follow soon thereafter.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170782.html?...newstop;title;2

Got Excite Truck and Super Paper Mario. Both great games! I am really loving the crazy-ness of Excite Truck! Get an SD card though and put your own .mp3's on there. The music sucks.

Super Paper Mario is a cool mix of good RPG and great Mario title. Good times.

Got Excite Truck and Super Paper Mario. Both great games! I am really loving the crazy-ness of Excite Truck! Get an SD card though and put your own .mp3's on there. The music sucks.

Super Paper Mario is a cool mix of good RPG and great Mario title. Good times.

I didn't know you could do that. :ph34r:

Should go out and buy some Wii games, I just can't think of any titles that would give me any good replay value.

But Brawl better get here before Halo 3 or else Nintendo is screwed, I'll be buying myself a 360 anyways.

The confirmed release date for Halo 3 is September 25th, this is going to force the release of Brawl I bet. -_-

Here's the gundam game I mentioned before. I really want them to put this on the wii. It was really fun to play.

http://s-zeon.com/

I second this, I don't see how it would not fit with the Wii.

Hell they can even improve on it.

But I think Bandai is doing something of a higher standard to satisfy a larger crowd.

I second this, I don't see how it would not fit with the Wii.

Hell they can even improve on it.

But I think Bandai is doing something of a higher standard to satisfy a larger crowd.

Yeah but its such a simple game that they could probably just port it over. I bet it would be a good seller. The other one they have in the works looks pretty cool too.

I'd really like to see them come out with the one thats in the flight simulators in japan arcades. I wanted to play but everywhere I went there was an hour wait just to play. And you had to buy some membership card to track your progress against the rest of the world.

I heard most of the stores had them last weekend in the Minneapolis area. That's the first I've heard of anybody having any since before I went to Japan in Mid March.

I don't expect things to change anytime soon even if they are ramping up production. You still can't find them very often in Japan supposedly.

my wife and i have mario party 8 ordered already so we'll go pick that up next week. I was lucky enough to receive my wii as a gift from my wife; i didn't bother to ask her how she got it, but i would assume it was from one of her friends who works at best buy. I have gold medals in all of wii sports and wii play and still not quite bored of it, it's a good thing there are some good games out, and coming out for it that make the system worth while.

I just played Trauma Center and Wii Play tonight.

Love the Tanks game, we were playing it for an hour straight. Pretty fun stuff.

Trauma Center was pretty difficult as well, but just as fun with great controls.

Anyone getting new games this month?

New Weapon for SSBB = The Gooey Bomb :p

IPB Image

IPB Image

When you hit someone with it...

IPB Image

It sticks to them! Get... GET IT OFF!

IPB Image

Then it explodes! Oh, the horror!

IPB Image

Pass it on! It may even get returned to sender...

NEW item announced. The Final Smash!

IPB Image

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.

The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it’s kind of like a powerful and personalized hammer. (Or maybe not…)

You can look forward to experiencing the glowing personality behind each of the many Final Smashes!

IPB Image

I-I… I want it!

Edited by UN Spacy