The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

OK, I've added everybody on the list so far to my address book, but I don't see any new Miis for the parade; am I missing a crucial step or two?

Gotta set your Mii's to mingle as well as OK'ing the Travel setting in Mii Parade. Currently I've got someone named Mel wandering my Wii right now.

I accidently denied access to my Wii on my Wifi settings, so i gotta do the set up over again...but right now I don't have a need to go online with it except when Pokemon Revolution comes out in June.

Ha ha that's my wife. I'll have to double check my settings.

Just checked my address book and so far I only see your name bolded. Guess I have to wait for the other MW Wii owners to add me to their address book.

Got any of my Mii's running around your Mii parade yet? I've set around 16 of the Mii's on my console to mingle.

And speaking of Mii's running around, the MySims game is so cute I'm getting toothaches looking at it.

.....I'll probably end up buying it too.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/msims/gallery-mys...soul-248020.php

IPB Image

Just checked my address book and so far I only see your name bolded. Guess I have to wait for the other MW Wii owners to add me to their address book. Got any of my Mii's running around your Mii parade yet? I've set around 16 of the Mii's on my console to mingle.

Actually, I've got three of your Miis Mike, Jen,and Ken. I wonder when your other Miis will migrate over? Hopefully, the other MW Wii owners will get around to updating their address books.

As far as MySims goes, I like the way it looks. But I have a feeling that Animal Crossing Mii /Wii is coming down the pike pretty soon, so unless this is just amazing, I'll hold out until then.

Actually, I've got three of your Miis Mike, Jen,and Ken. I wonder when your other Miis will migrate over? Hopefully, the other MW Wii owners will get around to updating their address books.

All Mii's I didn't make. :p Ken's Mii is based on Kung Lao from MK. Mike is family. Jen is a friend.

I've got 3 of your Eva characters(Gendo, Asuka, Rei) and Chuck. I had your wifes Mii but I was experimenting moving her from Parade to plaza to parade and I think I may have erased it. Oops.

@Hikuro - I'm waiting for WonderBoy in MonsterLand to show. Until it does it's Splatterhouse and Mario Bros(NES) for now. :p

I tried to get back on lastnight but for like 5 minutes it's waiting to freakin connect into the Wii shop......I was like "JESUS!" The only way I could get it to stop was shutting off the power to surge protector and then turn it back on...but meh I'm having fun on mario atleast ^_^

Guys, wouldn't expect the wii shortage to end anytime soon. I was in Akihabera several times over the last 2 weeks and nobody has them. ALso when I was in Osaka on the 18th there was a line over 100 people long waiting for wii's and 6 cops watching to make sure everything went smoothly. If they are still short there I don't we'll be regularly finding them on shelves anytime soon.

BTW did anybody get blazing angels? What is the control setup like? I'm hoping for a flight stick style control.

The situation is like that here in the state side...Wii's are ultimately the hardest to come by....you'd think almost every household would probably have one at this rate. Im' very grateful that I got mine when I did......phew.

I'm actually a bit surprised. I've purchased 6 in the states for myself, relatives, and friends so far. I must have just lucked out.

The situation is like that here in the state side...Wii's are ultimately the hardest to come by....you'd think almost every household would probably have one at this rate. Im' very grateful that I got mine when I did......phew.

lol I'd probably agree on that. The only way I got mine was having an insider to tell me when shipments came in, and then stood in line for 13 hours to be sure I got it.

Every store in oregon that would carry a Wii pretty much doesn't even have much for any clues that a Wii ever set foot there other then asking a store clerk.

However I'm surprised on the number of accessory parts available now that were originally hard to come by. Very interesting.

Some places seem to get none. Then we got people buying some up and selling them on ebay. I wish I could get one at retail price now, I had a chance but I blew it a month ago and now I can't find one.

My friend has been looking for a Wii for a few months, since he only has Best Buy gift cards he can only get it from there. Seems like they NEVER have it in stock.

My friend has been looking for a Wii for a few months, since he only has Best Buy gift cards he can only get it from there. Seems like they NEVER have it in stock.

Good thing I got mine at launch, I'm still shocked that they are out of stock, most stores would have been in stock at other launches but this is just absurd. :o

I know the Wii is popular but not this bad.

The Wii is ridiculously popular. I moved in with a girl who doesn't play video games ever and we were deciding who would buy what furniture. I told her I would take care of everything in the entertainment center and she was like "ooh can we get a Wii??" Then, my brother calls me a bit later, "My wifey doesn't want me to get any more video game systems but she told me she'd be okay with a Wii." So apparently, chicks dig Wii. PS3 on the other hand? "Hell no, who would spend that much money on a toy??"

LOL, Macross collectors should never answer that last question.

I guess this is a regional thing then, because there is stacks of Wiis sitting on the shelf at my local Circuit City. Or maybe it's just because nobody shops at Circuit City? :p

Could be....or those are just empty boxes. One of my friends was playing on mine and decided he wanted one. Him: "Think I'll get one tomorrow. There are a ton on the shelves. I see them everytime I drop by XXXXXX store."

Me: "Uh...no there aren't. These things get sold within minutes online and within hour(s) when stores get them."

Him: "Uh uh! "

Me: " Uh huh!"

...etc, etc, etc.

He goes to the stores the next day. Comes back empty handed and with stories of how employees just snicker/smiles politely when he asks for a Wii.

The Wii is ridiculously popular. I moved in with a girl who doesn't play video games ever and we were deciding who would buy what furniture. I told her I would take care of everything in the entertainment center and she was like "ooh can we get a Wii??" Then, my brother calls me a bit later, "My wifey doesn't want me to get any more video game systems but she told me she'd be okay with a Wii." So apparently, chicks dig Wii. PS3 on the other hand? "Hell no, who would spend that much money on a toy??"

LOL, Macross collectors should never answer that last question.

I can definitely vouch for fact that females love the Wii. That doesn't sound right, does it? Anyway, almost every night my wife asks "Are we going to bowl? How about some tennis? Find the Mii?" It's like she is cracked out on it.

Finally was able to go back to the Wii shop channel......apparently I didn't download the internet browser so I did this time, and I got TMNT from the old 1989 nintedo version, man this game is utter crap lol.

Finally was able to go back to the Wii shop channel......apparently I didn't download the internet browser so I did this time, and I got TMNT from the old 1989 nintedo version, man this game is utter crap lol.

Fool! Everyone knows the 2nd one was the only good one of the NES line(followed by the 3rd)

Too hard for you? LOL.

J/K Hikuro. All things aside it's a bit frustrating but it really develops yer platforming skills.

They need to release Turtles In Time already.

Actually yeah the game was always difficult for me, I'm a straight forward guy and htis one ya gotta move around and dodge your enemy cause they're always walking up to you....the part I really hate cause I could NEVER get passed it was the disarming of bombs at the dam...I always was killed by 1 of 3 things, 1) Time expire 2) Electric Seaweed, 3) Electric bars.

If I happen to see anymore wii's would any of you who are still looking want one? Toss in shipping from Minnesota and an extra $10 for my time at the post office and I'll pick one up if I see one.

I'm in MN and I haven't found one yet. I do see those early stock notices, but I don't have the time to go wait for hours before the stores open.

The first TMNT is among the best NES games ever IMHO. Never beat it, just came very close. 2nd one was easy, 3rd one was boring.

I beat the first TMNT on the NES back in the day. Borrowed it from a friend, heck, I borrowed a few of his games and beat them, while he couldn't :lol: . I can still beat it today if I put some time into it. It's alot easier now that I'm older :p .