The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

Hi all.

Got my SOC maybe a week ago.

Also not quite happy with the back of the Gunbuster.

Good idea with the transformable foot but they didn't spend the time to really perfect it. The foot isn't flat. They cut off both the inner toes. In buster 2 flight mode, the metal bar is a different color from the rest of the foot. I'm pretty sure there is enough clearence so that the front tip/cone could be fully filled in instead of the way it is now.

I see the thrusters on Buster 2 breaking one of these days.

Looks like The Gunbuster Index will need a major overhaul once the set is released. All I've had to go on for the last decade is the information provided by the old US Renditions tapes. Now that the series is going to be professionally translated, I may have to go and change some things around. I know some areas are not perfect, but I wonder what did I get wrong?

Edit: I wonder if now would be the time to seek official representation of my website? I mean, I have been on the radar for the past few years, and Gainax is aware of me. Hopefully this does not mean I will be shut down...

Why would they shut you down? If they didn't do it for the last few years why bother now? If anything they'd go after youtube which has allof the GB OVAs up.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Official site has been largely updated. Apparrently there's an offer where you can get a Trailer manga card with 1988 artwork by Mikimoto. You send in a survey card in the DVD.

DVD info as follows:

Disc 1

Episode 1: Shock! Oné-sama and I are Going to be Pilots Together?!

Episode 2: Daring! The Girl Genius Challenger!!

Bonus Clips:

Science Lesson Chapter 1: The theory of Ether Space

Science Lesson Chapter 2: Starbows and the Rip van Winkle Effect

"Good Morning OGH!"

Promotional Trailer (Produced in July, 1988)

Disc 2

Episode 3: First Love☆First Sortie

Episode 4: Launch!! The Incomplete Ultimate Weapon!

Bonus Clips:

Science Lesson Chapter 3: Faster-than-light (c-plus) Travel All About Warp

Science Lesson Chapter 4: The Evil Space Monsters

"Cosmic Battle Space"

Disc 3

Episode 5: Please!! Time Enough for Love!

Episode 6: At the End of Eternity…

Bonus Clips:

New Science Lesson Chapter 4 + 1: The History of Spaceships

New Science Lesson Final Chapter: The True Solar System

"Sizzler Project"

Promotional Trailer (Produced in 1989)

I'm a little peeved about the translation of episode six's title. I just think "At the End of the Endless Stream" has a much better ring to it.

As I thought, the open-matte version isn't included. I find this amusing, as they have pics of it on the site under the disc three description.

Also of note, they have a MySpace with a video clip of episode four. It's the same as the one already on MySpace. Except it's subbed. Interesting so far.

Though in Virginia, Akibafest will have them handing out ten rare posters.

Newtype USA will feature it in the latest issue of their (crappy) magazine. The January issue even more so.

Assumedly the science lessons "should" still be in with the proper placement between episodes. More likely than not, they're just listing them seperately so people won't freak out that they're not there. Of course the newer science lessons are seperate features.

As I thought, the open-matte version isn't included. I find this amusing, as they have pics of it on the site under the disc three description.

That sucks! :(

I guess it was a good thing I picked up the R1 DVD boxset (not sub) at Kinokuniya yesterday for 100 bucks :blink: ;;

If you havent heard yet.

MONSIEUR BOMÉ COLLECTION VOLUME 18: GUNBUSTER NORIKO TAKAYA FIGURE

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/default....32&ai=34798

edit:

[attachmentid=38788] borrowed pic from auction could not find one better <_<

post-3216-1165573362_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

• 3 weeks later...

Official site has been largely updated. Apparrently there's an offer where you can get a Trailer manga card with 1988 artwork by Mikimoto. You send in a survey card in the DVD.

I'm a little peeved about the translation of episode six's title. I just think "At the End of the Endless Stream" has a much better ring to it.

Though in Virginia, Akibafest will have them handing out ten rare posters.

Newtype USA will feature it in the latest issue of their (crappy) magazine. The January issue even more so.

Questions:

1) What is the '88 Mikimoto artwork? Got pics?

2) What are the "ten rare posters" being handed out? Got pics?

Hi,

I got my soc gunbuster 2 weeks ago, it's a bit smaller than i expected , but otherwise its cool and heavy. I've pre-ordered the noriko figure to go with it too. But now i've got the Macross Yf 19 by yamato and i don't know which to put on my display shelf, oh decisions decisions.

Questions:

1) What is the '88 Mikimoto artwork? Got pics?

2) What are the "ten rare posters" being handed out? Got pics?

I report only what I know. It's all that's said on the site.

The site's been updated stating that Newtype USA will run a Gunbuster focused interview with Mikimoto. It will apparently feature new art of Noriko, Kazumi and Jung drawn for the magazine.

Damn, that means I actually have to buy another issue of ADV's lousy magazine. I stopped after the first one.

Looks like my post on the review didn't work. As much as I loath going to AOD.com, this pleases me. I really like the notion of PCM audio. No crappy DD for this ^_^ Though it sucks to have yet another thing in common with Chris Beverage. Not to mention one more rare reason not to choke him upon meeting him. :rolleyes:

I report only what I know. It's all that's said on the site.

The site's been updated stating that Newtype USA will run a Gunbuster focused interview with Mikimoto. It will apparently feature new art of Noriko, Kazumi and Jung drawn for the magazine.

Damn, that means I actually have to buy another issue of ADV's lousy magazine. I stopped after the first one.

Pity. If these new rare posters focus mainly on Mikimoto's newer style then I am not going to miss much. As much as I enjoy his work, I am a fan of his original old school designs and less and less of his current. If you ever find any pics, kindly share. Thanks! :)