The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

But i wished there were science lessons with Diebuster. At least tell us wth are the Topless, buster machines, etc. It would probably made the series more akin to the original and made more sense of everything that was goin on.

Science lessons, that would be a great addition to any sci-fi anime series (such as Nadesico).

I wonder if the movie will include a science lesson, including the history of humanity after the end of Gunbuster till the start of Die Buster.

Age of Gods..... :unsure:

It is explained by the professor dude when talking about how the Buster Corps evolved down a very similar path to the space monsters. Simply, it seems that as creatures evolve into space the most efficient evolutionary route tends to take them down the same path as the space monsters, hence why the Buster Corps were going down that path (at an advanced rate due to being self replicating machines) and humanity as well with the emergence of Topless powers. Since the Buster Corps were programmed to destroy any beings with traits of the space monsters, Topless became a target as evolution took its course. I suppose you could imagine that given another 100,000 years or more, humanity may evolve into something resembling the space monsters and less "human" (possibly along the lines of an Evangelion unit? Hmmm...).

He didn't make it THAT clear. At least not the subs. It wasn't even explained what exactly Toplesses are except they can do cool stuff like materialising "avatars" from thin air and get flames on their foreheads. XD

Thanks for that.

Science lessons, that would be a great addition to any sci-fi anime series (such as Nadesico).

I wonder if the movie will include a science lesson, including the history of humanity after the end of Gunbuster till the start of Die Buster.

Morpheus: But Nadesico did have science lesson segments. It was called Nani Naze Nadesico i believe, which involves Ruri-ruri in a cat costume and the captain girl explain boson jumps and stuff.

Morpheus: But Nadesico did have science lesson segments. It was called Nani Naze Nadesico i believe, which involves Ruri-ruri in a cat costume and the captain girl explain boson jumps and stuff.

Oops, I forgot about that episode :ph34r:

Just got finished watching it all in one sitting, and while definately different from the original, I really liked it. Nothing that blatantly flies in the face of the original, and hell, who's to say the dolphin's didn't leave the solar system before it was sealed off. :)

There appeas to be a translation of a Diebuster manga. You can get it here.

http://dreamorabt.com/download.php?id=1552...%5D.zip.torrent

I still haven't finished Diebuster itself.

Is this all of it?

Or is it one part of many?

EDIT: nvm its only chapter one. <_<

Edited by wolfx

That's too insanely awesome for $150, hopefully the production run won't be too small.

Its Bandai and its SOC. I'm sure there'll be enough to go around. ;)

But its sure to be a best seller, like the Voltes V.

I just found out where the infamous planet 'slip' came from, or at least I think so! It's from Go Nagai's Getter Robo: Armageddon last episode.

On the manga. I found that the story actually fits better in that format then it does in anime form.

I pulled a Keith, and watched it all in one sitting for the first time (as opposed to piece by piece stretched out over who knows how long). I like it, but don't love it. I like it better than I did on first impression. The animation is generally poor, the story does not flow, and it repeats too many of the same ideas over and over. Episode 4 is as good as episode 1 is bad. Episode 4 redeems the entire series for me. Overall, it was an average anime experience for me.

Oh, by the way, I never before realized that it wasn't actually the cat talking to Lark in the first episode.

A couple of new pics of the main mech we all want for christmas,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18251255@N00/...57594337020472/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18251255@N00/...57594337020472/

Looks like a final production model to me with diecast hips, lower legs and upper arms. And look, the arm covers arn't having any trouble staying shut plus the colours are nice and crisp. *love*

Damn, you beat me to it. I read about it on ANN as I avoid AOD.

February 20th release.

* Newly translated English subtitles for all six episodes

* Bonus clips totaling 30 minutes

* 24-page color booklet

* All packaged in an original deluxe art box imported from Japan

30 minutes of "bonus clips"... That should mean the science eisodes and possibly the shorter clips from the box. The puzzling thing is that that's a bit too short to include the open matte version of episode six. It'll be disappointing in that respect if it's not there. Oh well.

I like how it's two episodes a disc. The last thing I would've wanted is them jamming it all on one. I know some companies *cough*ADV*cough* would've probably done so.

@ly000001, yer not doing it right. Ya gotta quote/post some of the articles content to snag the reader into following the linky!

TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 24, 2006 - Bandai Visual USA Inc., a leading innovator in Japanese animation, and Image Entertainment, Inc. (Nasdaq: DISK), a leading independent licensee, producer and distributor of home entertainment programming in North America, today announced that the 1988 anime series “Gunbuster†will be released for the first time on DVD February 20.

A favorite among anime fans, “Gunbuster†has been re-mastered in HD 24P format with newly translated English subtitles under the supervision of the original producers. The DVD set (SRP: $64.99) will contain all six episodes on 3 discs and includes a 24-page color booklet.

* First-time U.S. DVD release

* Newly translated English subtitles for all six episodes

* Bonus clips totaling 30 minutes

* 24-page color booklet

* All packaged in an original deluxe art box imported from Japan

Looks like they are doing this one on the cheap! No dubs. Bonus Clips(more then likely the science lessons). A copy of the orginal deluxe art box(just how outer date is that gonna look). And placing this on HD(what a waste).

I could spend 50 bucks less and print out my own box art and have the same thing(virtually).

@ly000001, yer not doing it right. Ya gotta quote/post some of the articles content to snag the reader into following the linky!

Looks like they are doing this one on the cheap! No dubs. Bonus Clips(more then likely the science lessons). A copy of the orginal deluxe art box(just how outer date is that gonna look). And placing this on HD(what a waste).

I could spend 50 bucks less and print out my own box art and have the same thing(virtually).

Are you smoking crack? The remaster is freakin' awesome. The Science lessions are "most" likely already considered part of the episodes, and the 30 minutes of bonus clips should likely be all the little bonus clips that were included on each disc of the R2 remaster. I recall one specifically having to do with Jung's Sizzler Black.

As for the box, how is this out of date? [attachmentid=37415] I realise it's not Mikimoto's best art, but it's still a nice box.

My only concern here is that it doesn't list the 4th disc that was included with the R2, that had all of the line-art, seiyuu interviews, & the matt-less 6th episode. Perhaps they'll announce an LE version that will have the 4th disc.

post-278-1161675940_thumb.jpg

IPB Image

From: http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58893

Launch tower/display base can also hold Gunbuster in flying poses!

With every new SOC gimmick revealed the wallet (and limited display space) tilts further from the YF-19 to the Gunbuster :p

Edited by Twoducks

Can this thing get any more awesome? :o

Twoducks, I pre-ordered Gunbuster over the YF-19 long ago, as much as I love the 19 Gunbuster is just offering so much more for the money.

And now they show us a display stand that can play double duty in ready made dioramas!

I can only imagine how classy the booklet for this is going to be...

Can this thing get any more awesome? :o

Twoducks, I pre-ordered Gunbuster over the YF-19 long ago, as much as I love the 19 Gunbuster is just offering so much more for the money.

And now they show us a display stand that can play double duty in ready made dioramas!

I can only imagine how classy the booklet for this is going to be...

I was going to wait and see what the new pics for the YF-19 had to offer before cancelling it, but that overpriced valk is sooo cancelled now. I was thinking of also getting one of those display thingies with the Gunbuster for flying poses and *wham!*, this comes up.

But this SOC line is dangerous for the wallet; never saw Ideon (so no emotional attachment there) but the SOC looks really good. I hope I just get Gunbuster and forget about it.

IPB Image

(from: http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58830