Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Yeha, but they probably have to have their mod checked out with some authority, so it can't be too flimsy.... I'm not sure if I'll be getting this one right away or what, but I'll certainly work to get the tip off... unless I wonder if there's a way to get someone to ship a domestic one to you from Japan without it getting checked... less than legal I know, but maybe preferable...

Yeha, but they probably have to have their mod checked out with some authority, so it can't be too flimsy.... I'm not sure if I'll be getting this one right away or what, but I'll certainly work to get the tip off... unless I wonder if there's a way to get someone to ship a domestic one to you from Japan without it getting checked... less than legal I know, but maybe preferable...

Of course there is. People got the re-issue Megatron imported no problem, and that is packaged in gun mode. BBTS is making a big deal out of nothing.

Of course there is. People got the re-issue Megatron imported no problem, and that is packaged in gun mode. BBTS is making a big deal out of nothing.

No kidding. Reissue and original Megs get bought and sold every single day and nobody seems to have problems. And what about Airsoft rifles? Legalities aside, I know a lot of people import those things from Japan. A friend of mine just imported an AK47 Airsoft rifle to complete his Halloween costume and he had no problems.

If Takara is concerned in the least they can just package Megs in bot mode.

No kidding. Reissue and original Megs get bought and sold every single day and nobody seems to have problems. And what about Airsoft rifles? Legalities aside, I know a lot of people import those things from Japan. A friend of mine just imported an AK47 Airsoft rifle to complete his Halloween costume and he had no problems.

If Takara is concerned in the least they can just package Megs in bot mode.

After all, MP1 Convoy was packaged in robot mode in the box as I recall.

Yeah. I've done some "color correction" on him. Too bad the silver paint winds up looking gray in the photos.

The first two panels are also blatantly overexposed, which isn't helping matters.

It's amazing how mind-numbingly stupid cameras can be sometimes.

So I bought one of those ebay knockoff Megatrons to cannibalize for parts on my real Megatron and it had that gay orange on the barrel. I figured, I'll use nail polish remover to take the orange paint off. Sadly, it didnt go so good and it also ate away at the gray plastic too. When I used my nail to scrape the orange off, gray came off too. Oh well, it was only 14 bucks anyways.

Nothing's "permanent". If it was added, it can be removed. :)

Interesting, the law specifies the color---FS12199. That's "Coast Guard Orange".

Agreed.

But beyond that, based on what I read of the law reproduced on the BBTS site, I see nothing that would be illegal about importing only an unmodified barrel to replace the modified one that is included with the complete MP-05. The law only seems to prohibit making, transporting or selling 'replica firearms', but does not prohibit owning one.

So worst case, it would appear there are legal ways around this if you don't want to risk customs seizing the order. Not that that's likely anyway.

yea, im not quite sure why anyone would bother buying from bbts...there are countless other places that will sell it without the stupid orange tip...and it's not like it's going to be a difficult toy to find.

i wonder just how big the gun will have to be to get megs up to mp prime size?

yea, im not quite sure why anyone would bother buying from bbts...there are countless other places that will sell it without the stupid orange tip...and it's not like it's going to be a difficult toy to find.

i wonder just how big the gun will have to be to get megs up to mp prime size?

MACRAPTRON from TFW2005 did some researching.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

I took some pictures of G1 Megatron with a 1:1 Walther P38 BB gun and MP Prime.

I also tried to "guess" the size of the MP gun mode. It's a cheap mock-up, but you'll get the idea (I hope):

IPB Image

The G1 toy is about 25% smaller than a Walther P38, and if my guess is right, MP Megatron will be about 25% bigger than the Walther P38.

And yet, the camera was telling me I needed to use the flash. A photographer, I'm not.

I'm sure you actually did need the flash(or a tripod and a LONG shutter time). I'm equally sure the camera guessed wrong on what the subject was and fired the flash too strongly/opened the aperture too wide/exposed the frame for too long.

It was probably trying to make the gray background lighter, if I had to guess.

If there's an exposure compensation option, try lowering it a little(I assume it's digital, so no wasted film if you do shots at -1 and -2 both). My Kodak will let you do exposure compensation, and it's got jack squat in the way of controls.

Just got the Scattorshot and Hot Shot Cybertron Defense Team Figures. These are awesome. I was trippin though when I discovered that Hot shot was in the Deluxe class, I thought he deserved to be in the Voyager one.

The beauty of Scattorshot is in his simplicity in transformation. Having said that, I wish that they could have allowed something better to do with his arms in terms of mobility, but there is no way with those missile launchers.

Got to hunt down a Cybertron Defense Red Alert to round it out. Might have to buy a Galaxy Force First Aid, cause looks like they are all sold out. :(

Edited by kensei

have you guys seen this on BBTS

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

"Please read all the important information about Megatron listed below!

Due to United States Toy / Imitation Gun Laws, it is illegal for any business or individual to import the MP-05 Megatron because it does not have a blaze orange safety tip on the end of barrel. A copy of this law is listed at the end of this description. In order for BBTS to legally import this item, Megatron must be modified. A blaze orange safety tip will be added to the end of barrel. This orange tip will either be a custom made plastic plug that is permanently glued into the end of the barrel, or the barrel will be permanently painted with blaze orange enamel paint on the tip. The exact details of a plug versus painting have not been worked out yet because dimensions of the toy, and method of transformation are currently unknown, but it will be one or the other, and any additions will not hinder the transformation process.

Without this orange tip modification, US Customs will seize any incoming shipments for this item that they discover because it does not comply with US Laws, so we are providing a legal and risk-free solution to that problem.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. The factory tape seal will be cut, and some internal plastic packaging may be modified or cut. Collector's Grade packaging will not be available due to these modifications, and the normal Standard Grade description will not apply because the tape seals have been broken. We realize these modifications will slightly change the appearance of the toy, but we also realize that giving you a legal way to own this toy is much better than not owning it at all, or running the risk of US Customs seizing the item. We believe that the barrel of the gun may not be fully visible when Megatron is in robot mode, so it will probably not interfere too much with his appearance in robot mode. In gun mode, he obviously will have an orange barrel tip that is roughly 1/4" to 1/2" in length. While we do believe the scope will be included, we do not anticipate the silencer or gun butt to be included. If the silencer is included, it will also have an orange tip applied...."

its good to see that its going to be available.

However, if it has to be modified I prefer the

Paint job over the permanently attached orange

tip. But it would be better if this just happened at

the manufacturer rather than having somebody

removing from the box and messing with it.

have you guys seen this on BBTS

Gobot fool posted it two pages back.

As for complaining about it... I just won't buy from bbts. If people were able to get the Megatron reissue imported with no problems, this will be no different. I'm not going to pay $100 for a toy that was already opened. Keep in mind that it won't even be Joe that opens it, it appears as though someone in Japan will be doing it prior to it being shipped to the US. No thanks, I'll pass.

Gobot fool posted it two pages back.

As for complaining about it... I just won't buy from bbts. If people were able to get the Megatron reissue imported with no problems, this will be no different. I'm not going to pay $100 for a toy that was already opened. Keep in mind that it won't even be Joe that opens it, it appears as though someone in Japan will be doing it prior to it being shipped to the US. No thanks, I'll pass.

I wonder if HLJ will pull some similar bull.