Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

But I thought fans would have liked that the robot modes matched size more since the MP line is all about the character? I know that if I had a choice to display megatron, I would prefer him to be displayed in his robot form fighting against optimus prime in his respective robot mode. Megatron's alt mode shrinks in the cartoon anyway. Just think of his gun mode as shrunken enough for a random decepticon robot to hold but not for a tiny human. hehe.. At one point doesn't prime himself hold megatron when they team up in the cartoon? And what about when starscream holds megatron? I'm sure Megatron can be whatever size he needs to be for whatever robot needs to hold him comfortably and use him as a hand carried weapon.

But I'm with those other who would prefer megatron as a tank. I know how iconic his gun mode might seem to fans, but for me I care more about vehicle robots and animal robots more than robots that turn into non-vehicles and other half useful stuff. If they must make him a gun, just make masterpiece galvatron instead since he is a cannon which for me is just a little more believable.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

You should see how many of the TF bandwagon jumpers that haved popped up since late 2004 go around INSISTING that the original G1 toys were much larger and cooler, and the reissues are just shrunken cheapo copies.

I've got a vintage Wheeljack, that would like a word with them.

But I thought fans would have liked that the robot modes matched size more since the MP line is all about the character?

Fans are apparently pretty fickle.

Masterpiece Prime sucked because his truck wasn't accurate to a real truck, even though his 'bot was naer-perfect and his truck was fairly decent. And a bunch of people griped really loudly that the sacrifices to the truck were inexcusable.

MP Starscream sucked because his robot wasn't wholely accurate to either the show or the toy, even though his jet was near-perfect(as toy jets go), and his 'bot was pretty decent. And a bunch of people griped really loudly that the sacrifices to the robot were inexcusable.

Now Megatron's focusing on the robot like Prime did. And people are griping about the gun, before there's even prototype shots.

I really don't think that he gun mode of Megs is going to be as recockulously oversized as people are imagining it to be. If it's larger than a real life P38, yet still sized to fit comfortably into an adult's hand, what's wrong with that? That would be absolutely NO different than the G1 Megs toy which is an undersized version of a P38. Well, it would be different, it would be BETTER.

I'm excited to see the pics.

Yeah, I really have'nt been impressed by the MP line so far, mostly because of price. But a Gun Megs? I'd probably buy that. Do we know if it's going to be modeled after a specific gun? Is the P38 confirmed?

I dunno if it's confirmed, but there's not much point if it's not a P38(or at least a close knockoff).

If they make him something else... say, a Desert Eagle(big gun, easier to fit robot parts in), there's no nostalgia. He may as well be Gen2 Meggie.

Yeah, I really have'nt been impressed by the MP line so far, mostly because of price. But a Gun Megs? I'd probably buy that. Do we know if it's going to be modeled after a specific gun? Is the P38 confirmed?

Well in defense of the MP line, they are a well engineered toy line, made from relativly high quality materials. In terms of price point, when put next to other japanese high end toys, the MP line actually comes off as cheaply priced to me. IMHO

I say to heck with all the hardcore notsalgia, make him a Desert Eagle. . .

It will allow better size and more porportion in bot mode. . .

And a little more formidable.

But yeah, he has always been the P-38 so it really won't hurt if it stays. . .

Well in defense of the MP line, they are a well engineered toy line, made from relativly high quality materials. In terms of price point, when put next to other japanese high end toys, the MP line actually comes off as cheaply priced to me. IMHO

Quoted for truth! Great price comparably and amazing detail/engineering make this one of my favorite high-end lines.

Edit: And making Megs a DEagle would be hott.

Edited by promethuem5

Quoted for truth! Great price comparably and amazing detail/engineering make this one of my favorite high-end lines.

Edit: And making Megs a DEagle would be hott.

I'd prefer a walther p38 for nostalgia, however, the most important thing for me is that megatron be chromed plated up the wazoo. Screw a realistic color scheme. I want my megs to be all chrome, just like the original toy!

If they think they can do better...

Actually, Takara already did do better. All they had to do was NOT let Kawamori mess with MP SS once they had already designed it. It would have been out much sooner, and made many people much more happy. And it wouldn't have been green.

Don't think they ever explained it, but it probably helped make for a dramatic plot device/tactical disadvantage for the Autobots to overcome. That said, the writers/producers also overlooked the fact whenever they wanted to as well.

Actually, Takara already did do better. All they had to do was NOT let Kawamori mess with MP SS once they had already designed it. It would have been out much sooner, and made many people much more happy. And it wouldn't have been green.

And many people would have been less happy, too.

oh god, please let it go already... complain about megatron now.

A friend of mine, a bigger Transformers fan than I am, told me it had been announced that the next two Alternator's we'll see, Rumble and Ravage, will be the last due to the line doing poorly.

Is this confirmed? The way I'd understood it, it was the Binaltech line that was doing poorly, but as recent as a few days ago I'd read that the Alternators line has been doing great in the States (I believe I read that in Toyfair). I'd thought it was Takara that was taking the break from the Binaltech line for a year.

I just want to know if I should consider importing the Kiss Players version of Rodimus. I really don't want to do that because I'm not interested in paying more for Alt levels of diecast and a silly figurine.

A friend of mine, a bigger Transformers fan than I am, told me it had been announced that the next two Alternator's we'll see, Rumble and Ravage, will be the last due to the line doing poorly.

Is this confirmed? The way I'd understood it, it was the Binaltech line that was doing poorly, but as recent as a few days ago I'd read that the Alternators line has been doing great in the States (I believe I read that in Toyfair). I'd thought it was Takara that was taking the break from the Binaltech line for a year.

I just want to know if I should consider importing the Kiss Players version of Rodimus. I really don't want to do that because I'm not interested in paying more for Alt levels of diecast and a silly figurine.

As far as I know, the Alternators are on HOLD, not CANCELLED, until late 2007-2008. The movie line takes over next year.

Alright folks I couldn't pass this up.

From TFW2005.

The following is ripped from the Fatwallet forums. Use coupon code "NEWMEM96" ($5 off) when checking out from FamilyVideo.Com to score the 20th anniversary DVD of TFTM for $9.58 shipped.

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_inf...ducts_id=237694

As far as I know, the Alternators are on HOLD, not CANCELLED, until late 2007-2008. The movie line takes over next year.

Correct. Hasbro also thinks that the movie will convince automakers to ride the cash cow and offer hasbro the licenses that they have been reluctant to sell.

Someone please tell me alternator Rumble has moving elbow joints.

Or even better, start the rumored "military" line of Alternators. F-22 Starscream...

Though we still don't know if SS is a YF-22 or F-22. The early design art was clearly a YF-22---you know, the cyber-monkey that they said wasn't anything like the final version. :p:p:p

oh god, please let it go already... complain about megatron now.

Sorry, never really like Megatron's design. Character yes, robot no. I only complain about stuff I care about. (note I haven't said a word about Classics Bumblebee for example--I simply don't care about him)

Or even better, start the rumored "military" line of Alternators. F-22 Starscream...

Though we still don't know if SS is a YF-22 or F-22. The early design art was clearly a YF-22---you know, the cyber-monkey that they said wasn't anything like the final version. :p:p:p

As I recall from that airforce news article, the pentagon said that this is the movie debut of the F-22 Raptor, I presume it would have also been the movie debut of the YF-22 if it was in there.

Um, "Hulk" was the movie debut of the F-22. They said Lockheed themselves provided pics/specs etc for it to be accurately modeled in CG.

Maybe it's the debut of ACTUAL F-22's on screen? Though I don't recall any mentionings of F-22's being flown for filming.

Is there any difference between the Cybertron line of the toys for Japanese and US versions in paint job or quality? I gotta say I'm collecting these, I just love the english version with Jetfire having an Aussie accent. Cracks me up everytime, fair dinkum.

Is there any difference between the Cybertron line of the toys for Japanese and US versions in paint job or quality? I gotta say I'm collecting these, I just love the english version with Jetfire having an Aussie accent. Cracks me up everytime, fair dinkum.

The japanese versions tend to have a bit more paint apps, but most of the repaints and molds towards the end were USA exclusives. Quickmix and Menasor are yet to have arrived in japan. Same with the remolded green guy with huge arms. Same with Cyro Scourge and Sky Shadow(repainted Jetfire who is Jetfire in disguise to sabotage the decepticons from within....originally meant to be called Octane).

The biggest difference were the starscreams. We got the big supreme sized version, japan had the voyager class(smaller version). There was a voyager class release in the US but it was a repaint with vector prime in a TRU 2 pack.

The paint apps are actually evened out this time around, some are better on the hasbro releases, some are better on the takara releases.

Yah... there's some neat toys in the line.

I've only got Prime and Scrapmetal due to recently-fixed budget issues.

And now I'm cursing at all the people in this area that don't respect the pure awesomeness of transforming robots. No one here has a good Transformers section.

And dammit, I want Soundwave!

The japanese versions tend to have a bit more paint apps, but most of the repaints and molds towards the end were USA exclusives. Quickmix and Menasor are yet to have arrived in japan. Same with the remolded green guy with huge arms. Same with Cyro Scourge and Sky Shadow(repainted Jetfire who is Jetfire in disguise to sabotage the decepticons from within....originally meant to be called Octane).

The biggest difference were the starscreams. We got the big supreme sized version, japan had the voyager class(smaller version). There was a voyager class release in the US but it was a repaint with vector prime in a TRU 2 pack.

The paint apps are actually evened out this time around, some are better on the hasbro releases, some are better on the takara releases.

Crikey, if that's the case, I might as well go for the cheaper route if paint if the only thing that is the diff, specially cause it's easier.

Thanks. Sky Shadow I could have bought, but I really want the original.

I love the Scattorshot concept in Cybertron. He's a killer.

Wonder how he is going to sabotage the Decepticons from within. He is meant ot be a smart bugger, but his accent makes him seem very average in inteelligence. :lol: Does he lose the Aussie accent when he changes to Sky Shadow?

I'm gonna get Wing Saber too. He looks pretty big and awesome. I hope the Classics Jetfire is as awesome as that.

Edited by kensei

Um, "Hulk" was the movie debut of the F-22. They said Lockheed themselves provided pics/specs etc for it to be accurately modeled in CG.

Maybe it's the debut of ACTUAL F-22's on screen? Though I don't recall any mentionings of F-22's being flown for filming.

I'm just saying what I read. Go find the article, it one of the ones that followed the Holloman AFB articles, as I recall. I don't remember the guy saying if it was the debut of the actual F-22.

I have noticed that TF is using a unusually large amount of actual military equipment given most visual effects heavy movies prefer to go the easier route of making nearly all their flying vehicles CGI.

Yah... there's some neat toys in the line.

I've only got Prime and Scrapmetal due to recently-fixed budget issues.

And now I'm cursing at all the people in this area that don't respect the pure awesomeness of transforming robots. No one here has a good Transformers section.

And dammit, I want Soundwave!

Cybertron is the only line in there that is cool. The Energon and Armada I'm not so crazy about. Altough the Hot Shot one was cool, the Jetfires before the Cargo plane versions were terrible.

Soundwave is cool. I love his line about Megatron in Fury, "He's trippin' cause he got served." :lol:

I'm just saying what I read. Go find the article, it one of the ones that followed the Holloman AFB articles, as I recall. I don't remember the guy saying if it was the debut of the actual F-22.

I have noticed that TF is using a unusually large amount of actual military equipment given most visual effects heavy movies prefer to go the easier route of making nearly all their flying vehicles CGI.

I imagine that they want ton save as much of the special effects budget as they can for the bots.

Crikey, if that's the case, I might as well go for the cheaper route if paint if the only thing that is the diff, specially cause it's easier.

Thanks. Sky Shadow I could have bought, but I really want the original.

I love the Scattorshot concept in Cybertron. He's a killer.

Wonder how he is going to sabotage the Decepticons from within. He is meant ot be a smart bugger, but his accent makes him seem very average in inteelligence. :lol: Does he lose the Aussie accent when he changes to Sky Shadow?

I'm gonna get Wing Saber too. He looks pretty big and awesome. I hope the Classics Jetfire is as awesome as that.

Not sure about the accent, he only appears in the toyline, he is absent in the cartoon. Same goes for Cyro Scourge. IF anything you can use sky shadow as classics Octane.

Wing Saber does look awesome I need him and Nemesis breaker to combine with my prime. Not to mention cybertron wingsaber is so much better than the energon version. Full articulation+good jet mode=BUY for me.

If size does not matter, Jetfire should be a good purchase. He is shorter than Classics Prime without his helmet on and therefore smaller than cybertron wingsaber.