stop motion

Bub

• 11 months later...
That's not bad. Some of the shots of the big cruisers duking it out have kind of a nBSG feel to them, it works pretty well.

I know this responce is really,really late. I had been having alot of trouble getting on the forum. Thank You for your comment. That was the idea... to make a BSG styled Macross short. It's by no means finished. Not easy doing this animation,sound mixing,and editing by myself. Then I get bored and need to do something else or just get busy with

life. The miniatures,sets and toys are a combination of my collection and my ol' roommates.

I'm planning on doing some cockpit scenes with the new Popbox figures... I have the sets...just not the 1/6 scale figures or the studio space anymore. I just moved from Pittsburgh,Pa. to Santa Cruz to be with my girlfriend. Trying to get things set up here... Just a matter of time. Didn't want you guys here at Macross World to think I'm some stuck-up jerk...I just couldn't respond. I lost my password...then I tried to create a new profile... AOL sucks...wouldn't work!!

I was hoping to contact some of you at Macross World to see if you wanted to help by sending me photos of your work...or frames of models & toys in movement. ???

Best Regards,

Matt ( Gorgo )

Hello everyone anyone seen this video?

This is not mine. is the a Gorgo here in Macrossworld?

Hey Bub,

I know it took long enough...about a year...

I know this responce is really,really late. I had been having alot of trouble getting on the forum. Thank You for your comment. That was the idea... to make a BSG styled Macross short. It's by no means finished. Not easy doing this animation,sound mixing,and editing by myself. Then I get bored and need to do something else or just get busy with

life. The miniatures,sets and toys are a combination of my collection and my ol' roommates.

I'm planning on doing some cockpit scenes with the new Popbox figures... I have the sets...just not the 1/6 scale figures or the studio space anymore. I just moved from Pittsburgh,Pa. to Santa Cruz to be with my girlfriend. Trying to get things set up here... Just a matter of time. Didn't want you guys here at Macross World to think I'm some stuck-up jerk...I just couldn't respond. I lost my password...then I tried to create a new profile... AOL sucks...wouldn't work!!

I was hoping to contact some of you at Macross World to see if you wanted to help by sending me photos of your work...or frames of models & toys in movement. ???

Best Regards,

Matt ( Gorgo )

Pretty cool video. Looking forward to seeing more.

How about a Macross Plus or Macross Zero movie in the future as well?

Graham

Hey Graham and everybody else at Macross World,

Although I loved Macross Plus & Zero...I don't have any in my collection. : ( I'm sorry to say.

I would love to do some scenes with those toy's and models. Just don't have a budget to purchase those.

In fact, Macross the Digi-stop motion was a joined collection of both mine and my buddy Matt Piper.

He had a kid and did the right thing I guess...moved out...selling off his collection...thus,Bye,Bye studio and half the collection I was filming with. He's selling the Regult that was used on e-bay right now.(Personally,I think it's a bit over-priced) but it's for a greater good...I suppose. There was just so much more I wanted to do. Still can. Just don't have the time right now. There's some side projects I was working on several months back for my friend George Sohn at Toynami. One being a Golion Stop Motion that World Events might use on a DVD. Hopeful that they use it on

a U.S. release of GOLION rather than Voltron. My goal is to breath new life into the Giant Robot fandom. So many shows didn't get a real chance here in the States due to violence or subject matter. That's dumb but I guess that's why...leave it to U.S. T.V. to dumb it up. Even Toonami is sucking these days aside from Ghost in the Shell.

I always loved Hobby Japan, Model Graphics,ect. magazines and had thought ...how cool would it be to make those

awesome photos come to life. When I was seeking out original Golion scenes on youtube, I stumbled across a load of classic animes that I'd see toys and models for in Hobby Japan. Ones like:Godannar, SPT Layzner,Zambot 3, Combattler V, Voltes V, UFO Robot Grendizer,ect. Makes me want to do shorts of those as well. Especially since there's a bunch of companies putting out some new products. I'd love to get ahold of a Soul of Chogokin Zambot 3 !

Well, I went way off the deep end from the subject of Macross.

Say,I have a butt-load of pics you might like... How can I send them to you?

for example... DYRL Max vs Miria (in the Meltrandi ship...hallway scene)

Various Zentradi and Meltrandi model ships with SDF-1 (Arii & kit-bashed)

Well,Thanks

Been trying to get in touch for a while !! I'm in Santa Cruz now ! Don't know anyone here. Any of you from around here? Please drop me a line !!! I'm bored outta my skull !

Sincerly,

Matt G.