The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Hey look at that! Copied the VF-0A box somewhat.

Not much in the way of accessories. There are two pieces for different modes for the Yamato stands, the gunpod, pilot, and two other pieces I don't know about. Looks the same colour as the YF-19 though.

Edited by kensei

Looks like the Yammie YF-19 gets a head start release in Hong Kong before Japan does! Pulled these pics off the local Yahoo auction site.

Will head to the shops today and see :D

Wow! :o That box is...unattractive. But the toy inside looks nice. I guess it's true what they say: "it's what's on the inside that matters." :D

With the amount of time he had it in his hand, probably.

You know, if they have to use a VF-0 sized box and go from corner to corner, I can just imagine how big this mofo would be.

Edited by kensei

it has a different mode for each color stripe on the box, says fighter in the middle stripe.

Heh. I couldn't make the "fighter" out until jacked up my brightness.

Jolly good, then...

"Does anyone know what the two parts below the gunpod are?"

I asked Graham and apparently they are some kind of replacement pieces. these are made out of high impact ABS plastic!

if the yf-19 needed these replacement pieces, why didnt they just use those peices insted of the ones that will break

anyways im still buying this baby

The two pieces are spare cannards made of ABS plastic.

The cannards on the toy are made of POM plastic. POM is actually more durable than ABS, but cannot be painted easily.

Yamato decided to include two spare cannards made of ABS, for customisers who want to paint the toy in a custom paint scheme, as ABS can be painted much more easily.

The different cannard material has nothing to do with durability.

I've had a preproduction sample for nearly 2 months and production samples for about 2 weeks and have transformed them many times. The POM cannards are very durable.

Graham

Looking more closely at the pic you will see taht there is no Big West sticker, so I assume this was most likely sneaked out from the factory!

Probably not sneaked out, more likely an early gift sample given to a favoured friend of buyer by Yamato. Whoever has it shouldn't be posting pics tho!

Graham

by the way i have not kept up with all the little details, i see this does not come with the fast packs??? when will that version be released