The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

I'm pushing hard for the white & blue & white & orange super nova schemes. No confirmation yet. Still checking who owns the rights to them I think.

Graham

Thats good!...please do try your best to convince yamato to do them. Having this two added to the M+ YF19 would the icing on the cake. As for the rights, i believe its either the modellers who came out with the initial scheme or hasegawa.

It seems that quite a number of Macross Fans here doesn't really care about VFX scheme... I wonder who else like the VFX scheme just like I do? It's nice isn't it IPB Image

Somehow, I'm not so attracted by this "original" M+ colour scheme. I really hope they will make multiple colour schemes. Yamato pls make us at least 1 more scheme, STEALTH 19!!!!!!!!

I'm pushing hard for the white & blue & white & orange super nova schemes. No confirmation yet. Still checking who owns the rights to them I think.

Graham

The white and orange one would look so sweet on this beauty.

Repiv, is that a "mint" color or more of a teal?

oh, I have uploaded the wrong file, that's teal. Anyway I feel that this scheme, regardless of any decent colour, is a nice scheme afterall. B))

Let's pray hard together for a Stealth 19... and hope Yamato chooses the right colour :D

Regarding the overly large leg FAST packs and the need to bend the intake joint to attach them on the Yamato YF-19, basically it is a compromise between trying to get the FAST packs to look good in both fighter and battroid modes.

It again comes down to the extreme amount of anime magic used by Kawamori in the YF-19 design. The 19 & 21/22 use more anime magic in their transformation than probably any of Kawamori's other VF designs, with many parts either shrinking, getting bigger or completely changing shape between modes.

If you look at the attached battroid mode lineart below, you can see that Kawamori has drawn the leg FAST packs covering the whole of the lower leg, right up to the tail fins. Unfortunately, this is not at all compatible with the fighter mode, as the wings bisect the lower leg horizontally in the upper 1/4 to 1/3 of the leg.

Yes, Yamato could do a slimmer FAST pack that sit completely below the wing and keep the leg straight, but then in battroid mode, the FAST back would look odd as they would only partially cover the leg, leaving a large part of the lower leg bare.

Like I said, compromise.

IMO the best solution would be to have separate battroid and fighter mode FAST packs, but it ain't gonna happen.

Graham

post-11-1164290752_thumb.jpg

So what's the cheapest expected grand total cost for the YF-19 and FAST pack set (I don't really care about the uninspired looking fold booster) after shipping to the US? I'm having a hard time trying to justify this expense when there are so many other things that I could spend the money on. I really wish they'd come out with a small scale YF-19/YF-21/VF-11 series like Toynami's has right now, even if the QC wasn't the greatest b/c at least the small scale ones would be very affordable.

So what's the cheapest expected grand total cost for the YF-19 and FAST pack set (I don't really care about the uninspired looking fold booster) after shipping to the US? I'm having a hard time trying to justify this expense when there are so many other things that I could spend the money on. I really wish they'd come out with a small scale YF-19/YF-21/VF-11 series like Toynami's has right now, even if the QC wasn't the greatest b/c at least the small scale ones would be very affordable.

It definitely won't be affordable. Yamato will make 1000 less than people are demanding thus allowing middle men to bump the prices way up. A year later Yamato will release 500 less than people are demanding and prices will still be astronomical. The good news is the 1/72 series might start getting pretty cheap in the secondary market now.

the SHE is inaccurate as well... it's not suppose to overlap that much. no grey is supposed to spill over to the top of the valk.

If they made the fast packs attach to the fighter without having to bend the legs, it would have been the saving grace for the fast pack fold booster set for me... but both are off.

For me, I could care less about anime accuracy or line-art accuracy. It's about the best aesthetic look possible on a physical model and the SHE has certain advantages.

I like the squarer intakes, wider body, slimmer profile, the longer sleeker nose, and the overlaping fastpacks which I think adds a bit of balance to both proportion and color scheme overall. The SHE just looks long and graceful like the fighter should - a powerful bird. The Yamato 2nd YF-19 reminds me of the original, like a bulbous fat duck.

I've lost my appreciation and cadence for Kawamori over the years, the guy is talented but he takes liberties and makes design choices in many things I simply don't agree with. I have no loyalty to any sort of accuracy whatsoever to line-art or his concepts.

The YF-19 and 21 are some of his best work, but just as he works his anime magic, I think a physical model should be able to be improved as well, even if by substantial redesign. I will grant however, that the Yamato 2nd YF-19 has better balance to Battroid mode overall. But I was always a fighter mode buff vs. Battroid.

Edited by ComicKaze

I can't say I agree with you, I find the SHE model to be blocky around the body and stubby looking with an elongated neck. It looks more like a frying pan to me than a jet.

Yes the back is a little too blocky but the elongated neck is what defines the YF-19 to me. Just looks substantially better to me. The Yamato (and lineart) just look a little out proportion to me, like sort of SD. But I guess I'm a sucker for the anime stylized fighter modes you see in the animation, art, and maybe the Hasegawa.

Edited by ComicKaze

I can't say I agree with you, I find the SHE model to be blocky around the body and stubby looking with an elongated neck. It looks more like a frying pan to me than a jet.

The Yamato may be a fat duck but the SHE is scrawny goose. :) I don't think the Yamato is perfect, I think it could stand to be a little less chubby, but I love my toys in all modes (I've always disliked the 19's Gerwalk though) and so if it has to look a *little* chubby in fighter to pull off decent other modes than I'm all over that.

Yes the back is a little too blocky but the elongated neck is what defines the YF-19 to me. Just looks substantially better to me.

well enough then. To me, the yamato has better porportions between the neck and the body... looks better overall. But I can see how the longer neck is appealing as well, especially when seen from the side. To each their own, I guess.

For future releases, hope that both super novas are released, then the VFX since I already have the both the 1/72 Yamato and Hasegawa, and the Doyusha.

A low vis, light gray, and stealth, drak gray would be interesting.

Even like to see the impossible Red and Gold VF-19 can not let Bandi corner that market. :o

The 19's could be as varied as the VF-1s. Looks like the Zero will be going that way also. B))

Edit: Graham, Thanks for the line art was looking for that.

Edited by Fly4victory

I would have to say that for the YF-19 i will only stick the standard colour.

But as for the YF-21, it will be very hard to not buy all the variants.

Standard, Black, Red.... DROOOLLLLLL

Low-Vis YF-21?????? Holy Hell, can it get any better???? And I just ran out of display space after just standard colours. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yes, After the standard M+ YF-21, the gray would be hard to resist.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...-may-page-5.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...-may-page-6.jpg

Edit: Plus Yamato likes to borrow from the model section. Just look at the new GBP.

I would have to say that for the YF-19 i will only stick the standard colour.

But as for the YF-21, it will be very hard to not buy all the variants.

Standard, Black, Red.... DROOOLLLLLL

Low-Vis YF-21?????? Holy Hell, can it get any better???? And I just ran out of display space after just standard colours. :p

Edited by Fly4victory

I've lost my appreciation and cadence for Kawamori over the years, the guy is talented but he takes liberties and makes design choices in many things I simply don't agree with. I have no loyalty to any sort of accuracy whatsoever to line-art or his concepts...

I.E. MP-03 StarScream.. He took too many liberties with that figure..

the SHE is inaccurate as well... it's not suppose to overlap that much. no grey is supposed to spill over to the top of the valk.

If they made the fast packs attach to the fighter without having to bend the legs, it would have been the saving grace for the fast pack fold booster set for me... but both are off.

Damn, that's the first time I've seen the SHE, that looks disgusting. Glad Yamato made the right compromises and improvements.

Nope, they cannot be swept fully back.

Graham

Graham , Could you tell us how far back the wings can swept ?

Will they be able to swing back to a VF-5000 kinda configuration ( delta wings? ) ?

The only major feature I was hoping for were the fully swept wings mode , and although this is a BIG dissapointment I´m still going to buy this toy nontheless...dang Yamato , I´m starting to get addicted to this, I wonder whether Yamato mixes the ABS plastic with some other kind of ¨funny¨ white powder (if ya know what I mean ) :blink::lol: