The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Nope, no rotating instrument panel.

The black anti-glare section in front of the canopy hinges downwards to allow the front canopy to open. The anti glare section also has to be in the down position for battroid mode.

Graham

Graham,

From the pics we've seen so far, it looks like the 19 has a lot, and I do mean A LOT of moving parts.

Assuming that you already have a prototype, or if you have already handled a pre-prod sample, how do you scale wear and tear /durabilityon this toy?

I mean some of us like to actually play with our Valks, transform here and there, fly it around, etc.

Thanks!

Not sure about that, they should be GTG.

Graham

So Graham, are we're looking at late Nov. very early Dec. ??????

I remember something bad happening to the 1/72 fast pack version after it got mysteriously delayed~ :ph34r:

Hey! Tone down your turbines....No need to jinx it!

Edited by kensei

Getting closer now. Can't wait.

Can't wait for it's companion too, the YF-21. You know what is the great part? It's in 1/60. I want to compare it against the mecha that it is modelled off, the Q-Rau.

Just a thought.

Edited by kensei

As I looked again onto the pictures, I became aware of another two features

The grey markings on the top side of the fuselage in fighter mode that make the back of the hips in battroid mode are now present, unlike in the previous prototype pictures. Graham, can you confirm whether those are tampo-ed on the toy or are those stickers? :unsure:

Since both arms have that small grooves that let the nub at the back of the shield to fit in, Im assuming that the shield can be mounted in either arms. Is that right? :wacko:

Just sharing my observation.

aaajin

Anyone mentioned the phrase 'broken hips' round this thread here yet?

Wasn't that more of a VF-11 problem? Did the YF-19 in 1/72 also have a hip issue? I don't think these hips look based on the VF-1, it looks like they have a pivot dead center. Then again, I'm doped up on medicine so who knows how odd and wrong my observations may be.

Wasn't that more of a VF-11 problem? Did the YF-19 in 1/72 also have a hip issue? I don't think these hips look based on the VF-1, it looks like they have a pivot dead center. Then again, I'm doped up on medicine so who knows how odd and wrong my observations may be.

Have the 1 YF-19 and two VF-19A's no hip problems, one of the 19A is well used but no failure.

Have the 1 YF-19 and two VF-19A's no hip problems, one of the 19A is well used but no failure

Not to make the hip-jinxing any worse, but my 2nd ed. YF-19 hip did in fact snap off, but it was totally my fault, tried to force it at a slightly off angle... however, it finally gave me the motivation to try the ball jointed hop mod, the fruit of which I'll probably have pics of tomorrow... a futile effort now that the 1/60 is coming out, I know, but I wanted to finally prove to myself that I could do it. I also added much better hands to the 1/72.

AND now I can't wait for the 1/60 YF-19.

Still no new info?

Oh well it should be hitting the streets in about two or four weeks. . .

(We hope) ;)

So the date is being pushed back? Not surprising, it's happened to many releases before (Not just Yamato, but others as well.) so this shouldn't be a surprise.

I am thinking about getting the 1/72 first release of the YF-19 to tide me over as I just bought the 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru and the VF-0S so I don't have the money for this yet.

Though I hear that the blue VF-19 is better...

Maybe I should make a post in the Wanted forum...

*Goes* :p

-Kyp

Whoa, BBTS just sent out a newsletter saying that the YF-19 would be 'Arriving soon', No idea what that actually means though... Preordering with 2 companies and see which one gets it sooner...

This could mean the first initial preorders are sold out and december is for their next batch.. :D (hopeful thinking)