The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Dozens of people will want to strangle you for just for writing MPC toynami and the 1/60 yamato yf-19 in the same post, much less actually saying they'll be comparable...

I'm actually quite serious. I haven't read through all the pages though so I might be missing lots of things not hinted at in the newest pictures provided. To me it looks like no A-stance, no mobility in the neck, and shoulders that can't "wobble" like the VF-1 (1/48 or 1/60). I'd say that puts it at exactly the same poseability as a Toynami MPC. If that's the case this is a tremendous let down. You can keep your stupid head piece that is removeable for detail no one will ever see if you can't angle the legs outward in an A-stance. I can see where a waist might be impossible but that's even more reason to add more mobility at the hips. From the look of the feet I don't think they'll be much help either. Don't get me wrong, this looks 1000x better than any Toynami product... it just looks like it'll be nearly equally poseable (although it seems like some minor upper hip rotation might be possible in addition to the knee swivel). Note that any cool battloid shots are taken with the battloid being off the ground, when it is on the ground all it's doing is standing for static shots. This definitely leads me to believe that, unless you're going to put this thing on a stand of some sort, all you're going to be able to do is pose it just like the 1/72 version (except with the knees angled outward).

Edited by jenius

Jenius, you are making a lot of assumptions on articulation before you have actually handled the toy.

I just checked and the head can tilt down (forward). While the head itself can't tilt back, the whole neck column does tilt back, which allows the head to look up.

An "A" stance is possible and there is plenty of mobility in the hips. There is also a knee swivel.

Plenty of articulation in the shoulders (in fact the whole arms) as well.

Graham

Jenius, you are making a lot of assumptions on articulation before you have actually handled the toy.

I know, I said I was making assumptions and that I may have completely missed obvious examples to the contrary in previous pages. I'm glad to hear I'm wrong, I can't wait to see more pics that show off the mode better.

I'm asking for permission to post pics, but may not be allowed to until the official release date.

Graham

Just wondering: When is the official release date?

Plus, this YF-19 is looking better and better.

Ah, well there is one thing I don't like about it:

IT'S NOT IN MY HANDS!!!!

That YF-19... it's so hot right now....

IPB Image

hahaha, i bet the yf-19 is saying, "do you think its this easy being this really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

Edited by Murphy

hahaha, i bet the yf-19 is saying, "do you think its this easy being this really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

"What is this?? WHAT is THIS??!!? Is this a valkyrie for ants??"

*violently throws 1/72 version on ground*

"It needs to be... /12 scale bigger than this!!"

"He's Absolutely right!"

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm actually quite serious. I haven't read through all the pages though so I might be missing lots of things not hinted at in the newest pictures provided. To me it looks like no A-stance, no mobility in the neck, and shoulders that can't "wobble" like the VF-1 (1/48 or 1/60). I'd say that puts it at exactly the same poseability as a Toynami MPC. If that's the case this is a tremendous let down. You can keep your stupid head piece that is removeable for detail no one will ever see if you can't angle the legs outward in an A-stance. I can see where a waist might be impossible but that's even more reason to add more mobility at the hips. From the look of the feet I don't think they'll be much help either. Don't get me wrong, this looks 1000x better than any Toynami product... it just looks like it'll be nearly equally poseable (although it seems like some minor upper hip rotation might be possible in addition to the knee swivel). Note that any cool battloid shots are taken with the battloid being off the ground, when it is on the ground all it's doing is standing for static shots. This definitely leads me to believe that, unless you're going to put this thing on a stand of some sort, all you're going to be able to do is pose it just like the 1/72 version (except with the knees angled outward).

I guess the A-stance is not a problem as the hips can move outward. see attached picture

IPB Image

Am I that transparent? :)

I've been in China so haven't been online.

I have seen some very interesting things tho.

Graham

WOW! Is this a clue? Graham has seen some very interesting things too! :o

Yamato's plans for Shin's valk? The VF-0D? SV-51 Nova and Ivanov? Ghost pack? GBP Armour? :o

Macross Plus YF-21 perfaps? :o

1/48 VF-1D? Elintseeker? Ostrich? :blink:

Oh...wait...he's been to China...he probably just saw a very interesting Panda :p

For how expensive this toy will be, there is still going to be stickers? :rolleyes:

There's not a whole lot of graphics, why isn't Yamato tampo printing?

Gotta agree with you there. Damn, why didn't I buy some spare Valk stickers from Devin just for the hell of it. :(

At least the kite symbols on the fuselage appear to be tampo'd on.

Thanks for all the new pics everyone!!

Personally, I wouldn't fret too much about poseability. Once a bunch of us MW'ers get our hands on this, you know we'll be snapping up pics and offerring our critiques of the joints and such. ;)

Yeah, I kept looking at that pic after I made the post. I didn't know for sure if the clear rim around the kite was evidence of a sticker or just an optical illusion due to the pic's resolution.

Seeing how the part splits and is probably a high contact point during transformation (correct me if I'm wrong), you'd think Yamato would just go ahead and tampo the emblems.

I'm asking for permission to post pics, but may not be allowed to until the official release date.

Graham

At this stage in development, it might just be my opinion, but I dont know why this can't be possible... the mags have had their exculsives, moeyo went buckwild with their prototype and all that's left is release... Yamato should know by now that this bad boy will sell well no matter what now, so fresh pictoral perspectives shared by Graham should only further push the remaining hype till release as well as alleviate the pain of waiting for this thing...

Let him post some pics yamato!

Yeah, I kept looking at that pic after I made the post. I didn't know for sure if the clear rim around the kite was evidence of a sticker or just an optical illusion due to the pic's resolution.

Seeing how the part splits and is probably a high contact point during transformation (correct me if I'm wrong), you'd think Yamato would just go ahead and tampo the emblems.

IMO, the WHOLE concept of having stickers, expecially for the important parts even now with all the advancements they've made, confounds me... STICKERS for toys costing over $150 dollars to buy... It just sounds ridiculous to me. It's actually like what I disliked about having diecast legs before the 1/48 era... it looks off... to have important parts stick out and look tacky.... or in this case slapped on....

That and yamato's reluctance to have another shot at the hands or make fixed posed robotic hands. grrr...

Two things that make buying yamato macross products less than perfect for me, every. freakin. time...

Edited by Nani?!

I agree with Mog and Nani?!.......Yamato really needs to ditch the stickers for these high end releases.

Would it really be a pain for them to tampo print the kite and a few warning stickers?

Yeah, whats with not tampo'n the Kite! Graham please talk to the Yammies please! I hardly display my valks with stickers, only the most visable stickers go on (macross Kite, numbers, UN Spacy stickers)....

I'd be happy as a pig in poo if they can tampo the Kite and intake area....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Tampo printing on the production toy includes: -

1) Red ">" on the intakes.

2) "19" on the left shoulder.

3) UN Spacy Kite on the wing.

There's also the cockpit instrument panel, but I'm not sure if it's Tampo printed or a pre-applied sticker. Looks more like a pre-applied sticker to me.

And yes, Isamu is a very tight fit in the cockpit.

Graham

Having to move the legs for the FAST packs almost seems like a design error. They are supposed to be small enough to fit as-is, that's how Kawamori designed it. Did Yamato try to make them VF-1 sized for some reason, then change the YF-19 to fit?

Yeah you're right...maybe it doesn't use Magnets like the Zero, I'm wondering...if the features that it contains are too heavy for it, might open to reveal missile launchers and hence needs another type of connecting point like the VF-1.....

Edited by kensei