The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Wow! Awesome new pics. I had been trying to tell myself that I wasn't going to buy this, but I just caved. Now I'm looking for the cheapest (yet trustworthy) place to pre-order this thing from.

Yeah same here. I will buy it man.

And is it true that customizable parts for YF-19 will come out in Summer 2007 ?

Oh god!

I´ll have to be honnest, I wasn´t expecting Yamato to come up with something this awesome and beautifully manufactured anytime soon, I had ZERO hopes of someday getting a new redesigned M+ toy but Gosh I´m happy I was so wrong.

I remember the days when people praised the 1/48 blindfoldedly for its glorious design and engineering, now Yamato has proved they can excell even at 1/60 scale, blowing the 1/48 out of the water effortless.

I´m wondering if they would consider realeasing the X-9 Ghost for a change, I know it does´t transform , it´s probably not very profitable but wouldn´t you like to have a fully 1/60 YF-21 vs Ghost diorama in your room ?

The one thing I´m REALLY hoping for is that Yamato takes this opportunity to fully milk the VF-X2 license and release some of the obscure valks, like the VF-5000 for example

Well hell, Aegis! Yamato is making a Ghost to put on the VF-0. I sure think that really opens the possibility for a X-9. Heck it should be somewhat affordable idealy, considering that the most gimmicks it could have are missile bay doors and things that pop off to throw out glowy orange things (I dont know what they were supposed to be, but I just remember it from when Isamu and Guld were dodging stuff).

I'm up for a VF-5000, you can count me in. :) And a VF-4!

No Konig Monster. My appetite is sated with the current one.

I want the rest of the VFs done, including the Sound Force for completion.

For the VFs that have Yamato scratching their heads for a bit, slip in some baddie mecha and some Destroids.

In the Long term, I want a good Macross from them.

No Konig Monster. My appetite is sated with the current one.

In the Long term, I want a good Macross from them.

I know, I know... I was just pressing my luck :lol:

"good Macross" being as in .... a 3ft-long Macross? With detachable main gun/carriers/ARMD's for ease of movement?

ZOMFG!!!!! :mellow: ... :huh: ... :blink: ... :o ... B))

I'd drool to death about it !

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

lol yeh i reckon there is more features to come still :p

AND, i am not bought that there isn't enough room for a 2nd seat.

Surely it recedes back there an has enough room? Should be able to fit a Yang in there! :D

Why is everyone so into having yang back there?? :lol: He's a nerdy dude that'll look totally off sculpted in 1/60...

I honestly like the yf-19 as a single seater because the two seater absolutely does nothing to change the overall look to it... doesn't enhance it and I'm sure a 1/60 micro-Yang wouldn't make it any sexier either...

Keep it single seated, I say. :p

I think as far as the big features goes, I think we got a look at all of them... The only things I think are maybe left are features like the slide up tail fin or double jointed elbow (features that contribute to the standard functions of the toy) but nothing like the removeable head visor or gunpod clip.

Edited by Nani?!

the only thing I´d like to see the most in this toy is for the wings to swing all the way back for a high-speed configuration pose ( sorry if this has been confirmed or not already).

I think this new effort from Yamato demans a full line of M+ toys, and by that I mean X-9 ghost, YF-19 , YF-21 and Renegade Power Armour ( and possibly the VF-5000 if they include the M+ game license)

We're just about all gimmicked out now.

Actually, that's not quite true, there's still 1 or 2 things, not revealed yet!

Oh, and a correction from yesterday. There is actually a very small gap in battroid mode, between the curved middle part of the chest and the plane nose (uni-boob). It's not a gap that you can see through, as the inside of the curve has a straight horizontal bar across it.

Graham

Oh, and a correction from yesterday. There is actually a very small gap in battroid mode, between the curved middle part of the chest and the plane nose (uni-boob). It's not a gap that you can see through, as the inside of the curve has a straight horizontal bar across it.

Graham

Graham

The view must be fantastic when it's right in your hands, huh?

sighhh.... It's good to be Graham.

Edited by Nani?!

Why is everyone so into having yang back there?? :lol: He's a nerdy dude that'll look totally off sculpted in 1/60...

I honestly like the yf-19 as a single seater because the two seater absolutely does nothing to change the overall look to it... doesn't enhance it and I'm sure a 1/60 micro-Yang wouldn't make it any sexier either...

Keep it single seated, I say. :p

I think as far as the big features goes, I think we got a look at all of them... The only things I think are maybe left are features like the slide up tail fin or double jointed elbow (features that contribute to the standard functions of the toy) but nothing like the removeable head visor or gunpod clip.

Without Yang there would have not been a (or atleast as superior) YF-19 in the first place. :p

Yeah of course i love the 1 seater best too but wouldn't it just WOULDN'T it be cool if there was teh 2nd seat. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks again for the pics, Graham.

Don't worry about the elbow joint, it's not at all fragile.

Graham

This was my biggest concern in looking over the pics. I just hope the joint doesn't become floppy after a few transformations.

And I agree with a lot of the other earlier posters: the kite emblems on the fuselage have GOT to be tampo-printed. Heck if Toynami can tampo-print a split kite emblem on its Fast Packs, Yamato can tampo the emblems on this bird.

.....Oh and YF-21, SDF-1, or bust for Yamato's next releases. ;)

Been a while since I checked back here for new pics. Looking good.

Fighter mode doesn't look too bad from the side once you get used to it.

The wings being able to sweep back would be a great thing to see. (I also want the wings to sweep forward like in the anime for the vf11 if they ever get around to this. You couldn't do it on the 1/72)

Come on, let that be one of the hidden gimmicks! :D Oh and does that fold booster light up? Would be cool if they showed pics of it lit up. Would make a good christmas tree decoration.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't know if it was discussed before but three weapons hidden in the right arm might be included too. I noticed this while I was looking at my avatar. Just check the picture I captured from Macross Plus The Movie below.

[attachmentid=37508]

post-4421-1162058732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sevket_Erhat

I don't know if it was discussed before but three weapons hidden in the right arm might be included too. I noticed this while I was looking at my avatar. Just check the picture I captured from Macross Plus The Movie below.

[attachmentid=37508]

Looking at the pic that Sevjet just put up.. it does seem that there's a gap above the boob..Perhaps it's supposed to be there.

Here are the pictures so that everyone wont have to go back to page ...? to view them. Also, sorry for the big pictures..

and let me guess...will the extra features be fixed pose hands?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by aaajin

[attachmentid=37508]

If anything, I think if they're included, they'll be included in the fastpack fold booter kit.

On the very last picture on the bottom right.

What is it showing is possible with the tail fins? I don't understand what I am seeing.

Also, is all that stuff we see on it detail wise tampo printing or some sort of decal?

Edited by Chewie

On the very last picture on the bottom right.

What is it showing is possible with the tail fins? I don't understand what I am seeing.

Also, is all that stuff we see on it detail wise tampo printing or some sort of decal?

Looks like it's necessary to move the tailfins a little bit forward to transform this beauty to gerwalk/battroid, IMO. <_<

Manu

I guess the tailfins have to be moved "upwards" if you want the toy to be able to stand properly. Else the fins are going to touch the ground.

aaajin

Looks like it's necessary to move the tailfins a little bit forward to transform this beauty to gerwalk/battroid, IMO. <_<

Manu

OMG, this is even better than I expected! I blink for a couple of days, and wam new pics! Wow, I can't even believe this :o

This is all I wanted other than the VF-1 back in 1994!

This was a dream to me, and now it is just a month away!

Thanks G for the info and pics, you're the best!

Soooooo beautiful!!! I'm detailingthis baby!

Now, if they could make the 11B(my other favorite) with accurately proportional Fast packs....