The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

amazing pics of the 19 there. it getsbetter with every viewing.

that dot on the bootom of the 19s nose i assumed WAS a camera. There would have to be several external camera to create the VR cockpit we see in the anime. though in part 4 it seems to have been turned off or something, u can clearly see the floor at a couple of points.

man, i cant wait for this baby...

If there won't be any missilepods/missiles, the FP/fold booster pack will be just that, FAST packs and a fold booster. It had better cost no more than 20 bucks shipped or really be able to do a spacefold.

It's 800 g. That's just over half a boxed 1/48 right?

Edited by kensei

where would they go? the yf-19 has no exterior missles, they all are internal which the toy definitely has no room for... They'd have to be displayed exactly as you see it in that pic there.

Oh and by the way, the new pix rock!

Actually, yes the YF-19 does have the option of exterior wing pylons and that's what those missiles on the TIAS cover are for.

Missiles with Pylons - Hobby Base Retppu YF-19 Resin Kit

retppu_yf19i7.jpg

Wing Missiles on Completed Hobby Base Retppu YF-19 (See small Fighter Mode Pic at bottom of page)

hjex_sum98a1.jpg

As for the question of are they coming for the toy, well as usually my lips are sealed.

Graham

Actually, yes the YF-19 does have the option of exterior wing pylons and that's what those missiles on the TIAS cover are for.

As for the question of are they coming for the toy, well as usually my lips are sealed.

Graham

:D

hmmm... when graham comes in and says his lips are sealed regarding the release of something we're talking about, it usually means it'll likely happen~

but huh? where would the pylons fit into? dont tell me they got magnets IN the wing now? :lol:

Graham can you confirm whether we'll get any accessories other than the bloody gunpod? *cough* Fast packs *cough* or are your lips sealed for that as well? :):(

My memo to yamato: Great job on producing the best yf-19 EVER (model or toy, IMO) BUT I think at $200 the fast packs should be included.... if it'll just be the plain vanilla yf-19 only, then lower the damn price~!

Agreed with Graham. I just checked the Macross Compendium, and it does state that the YF-19 has 4 hardpoint stations. Just for fun, I checked the VF-19, and there is no mention of hardpoints. Conclusion: this kit is of the YF-19, right?

Exactly--the latest pics are likely 99% final, and there's not anything under the wings to attach to. And magnets won't work, they'd have to be like 0.5mm thick and imbedded into the wing during molding.

Still, there better be SOMETHING other than the gunpod in the box for that much money. I'll make the comparison for the zillionth time: The VF-0 is almost identical in size and complexity/detail, costs less, yet included FAST packs and many missiles.

It was never really seen in the ova with the missiles on the wings though was it? I won't complain so much if that doesn't get released.

What about the underarm weapon for battroid mode that we saw it use in the anime? I think that would be cool if they had that. Since there is no GBP for 19 like there is for vf1, vf0, vf11 etc.. this would be an extra thing they could add in when they finally do get around to FP version of the 19. I want to display one in battroid mode with that weapon on its arm. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

"This is Animation Special: Macross Plus" pg. 77

(rough translation)

"The YF-19 has 7 external hardpoints, and 1 special use external hardpoint."

As per the VF-11, VF-17, VF-19, YF-21, and VF-22, the special use external hardpoint is where things like the fold booster or radome is mounted.

The other 7 external hardpoints? Obviously, one for the gunpod, leaving 6.

The text doesn't describe where the external hardpoints are located, but the paragraph continues to describe how the stealthiness is reduced (or negated?) when things are mounted on the wings. There is also something about long duration/length ferry trips too... maybe about additional fuel pods. Not enough time to do a more in depth translation...

What about the underarm weapon for battroid mode that we saw it use in the anime?

Wasn't that inside of the arm, and not something mounted externally? I recall it folding out of the arm...

Edited by sketchley

remember that the VF-0 and the VF-1 both have similar CAD design foundations so it's not as expensive to produce the 0 as compared to redesigning almost from scratch for the 19. be grateful we're getting it guys.

i gripe about the price as well because the current pricing for the 19 is what we would usually expect of a super vf-1 but i guess it's a tradeoff and that we can only hope the FP set with fold booster later won't be as expensive as we can't afford.

i think the main problem especially for US consumers is the shipping costs that's directly affecting the price you guys can get. us Asians and even Australians get to have them cheaper, probably like US$170.

That was a heavy weapons module that was made for testing. It was mounted externally. I doubt that it would have been able to transform back to fighter.

I think the main problem especially for US consumers is the shipping costs that's directly affecting the price you guys can get. us Asians and even Australians get to have them cheaper, probably like US$170.

It's been the other way for such a long time.

Edited by kensei

Actually, the YF-19 has more parts and is slightly longer in fighter mode than the VF-0, so higher tooling and design costs.

AFAIK, FPs will come as a set with the Fold Booster.

Graham

After the price announcement, I've since decided to buy one for now and later a second instead of three I've planned earlier...

Considering that the yf-19 will likely sell a lot more than the vf-0s did, I really don't see why the price has to rise... Is the cost of making a plain yf-19 more than that of a 1/48 vf-1 with super strike parts? No... and yet the yf-19 costs more for us...

The "milking" profits made from the 1/48 vf-1 repaints should have well satisfied yamato and yet they're so unwilling to take the slight increase in production cost for a new toy...

They're trying to tell us it cost $20 more than the vf-0S to make EACH of these WITHOUT accessories??

pssssstt... get outta here yamato... <_<

The prices yamato demands is always a punch in the gut but even despite this being my all time favorite valk, the price of it knocked the wind out of me the most of all previous valks... and That's bloody saying A LOT.

Looks awesome. My main question, where is the 21?

I'll probably wait out the first release. VF-19A seems inevitable... hopefully we'll get the VF-X Blue... But what I have always wanted is a 1/60 VF-22S...

So, we know they're gonna sell the Fast Packs sometime next spring (or summer :blink: ).

But do we know yet if they're gonna sell the Fast Packs separately? Or are they gonna sell it as a combo with the YF-19?

Because if it's the second option, I could happily wait a little longer to get the whole kit and caboodle in one shot.

But if it's the first option, I don't want to be a$$ed-out without the Valk'.

well abot the Price tag. $200.oo <_< depends on where you go.

HLJ has/had it at $160 +/- before shipping

Los has its $185 +/- before shipping

Twinmoons has it at $183 before shipping

Samurai m has it at $198 shipped

Toydeals ???

edit: wheres the $140 offering ?

Edited by Macross73

Anyone have shipping estimates for places? I plan to pre-order soon. HLJ's already out as I doubt I'd be in the first (or second or third) shipment of theirs at this point. TMP already pre-sold out, they were high on my list. Should have just gone with them when they first offered.

::edit:: Now TMP has it available for pre-order again. Did they get a bigger allocation, or is this "second shipment"? (Because I want to be in the first shipment of wherever I get it from--and I also want somewhere whose first shipment won't be like 2 weeks after everywhere else).

Edited by David Hingtgen

That reminds me--anyone have shipping estimates for Toy-Wave? We can assume it'll weigh less than a 1/48 w/FP, probably around the same as a VF-0. BBTS estimates 3.5 lbs. (I've never understood Toy-Wave's UPS shipping chart--what is First vs 1Kg vs +0.5---I get the other ones as they are "first kilogram, plus each additional kilogram"---but having First, 1, and +.5 messes me up, especially as 1 is 3x that of the .5 column)

And does Toy-Wave have "straight" credit card acceptance, or is it the credit-card-via-paypal type?

(another consideration is customer support---frankly this is Yamato QC we're talking about, and smaller retailers that post here are more likely to help those of us that get valks with backwards magnets, 2 left hands, missing heatshields, etc--than mega-stores like BBTS and HLJ)

Edited by David Hingtgen