Ghost In The Shell Toys And Models

EXO

• 2 weeks later...
I just got an email from LOS at Lost and found toys It said They would be in next week along with M+ revoltechs.

Are there any reviews of the Tachikoma up yet?

edit

blog

looks like it can hold a pose, and that's better than my last one

The only thing that bugs me is the eyes are way too flat. And it doesn't look like the knees have much articulation, but that may just be the pics. I really like the articulation on the gun-arm fingers though. Nice detail. It would be worth it for the Motoko. If you are referring to the Perfect Piece not holding a position, I just finished testing out some clear nail polish on the balljoints, and the difference was staggering. I wish they would make a gokin Tachi with the proportions of the Perfect Piece. :(

Edited by GogDog

The Goodsmile Tachikoma popped in the mail yesterday. The holes on the camera eyes could've been slightly bigger; and the one on the rear doesn't seem to move, but I haven't tried twisting it sideways so we'll see.

One thing you will immediately notice when you take it out of the box: it's HEAVY. The main body has a chunk load of diecast, the limbs are diecast, too. Joints are plastic, though. You can hurt someone if you hurl the body at them if you wanted to, haha.

Ratchet joints almost everywhere and where they aren't, are tight, but sometimes not tight enough to hold in particular positions due to the weight of the body. Now, I can't compare the tightness of the joints with the Perfect Piece since I don't have that (fortunately or unfortunately). By the way, from what I can see of Perfect Piece pics, the Gokin instead has double jointed legs, and the connection to the main body has another joint. Lots of joints - sometimes works to a detriment for the toy.

Cockpit opens up to fit Motoko inside of course, BUT, the small top hatch does not open; it's sculpted as a whole piece of the larger part. Bummer =/. It would've been more useful here than the Perfect Piece since Motoko is poseable!

The Perfect Piece comes with a bunch of extra stuff, and the oil compartment even opens up. The Gokin doesn't have all of that, but it has parts to swap it into the worker Tachikoma (see end of SAC1). It also has the railgun part for its 'mouth'. It also comes with swappable feet - one set with retracted wheels, one with them deployed. Wheels spin on both sets and the legs diecast as well.

As for Motoko, despite her size, she is pretty damn poseable - not to mention her face is pretty well sculpted, too. And because of her size, her joints can support the whole body. Double ball-jointed shoulders, ball jointed wrists, ball and swivel jointed feet, ball jointed hips, ball jointed waist, swivelling thighs and arms.

Oh, and single ball jointed head at the neck to body, instead of neck to head. Still works pretty well. She comes with a pair of open hands only, and both the rifle and handgun with hands sculpted on.

Proportion-wise, pretty good but I find the thighs a tad bit chunky (unless Motoko really does have fat thighs, haha).

All-in-all pretty good, but the price warrants more extra items and gimmicks packaged in.

Edited by rikiryou

rikiryou,

Do you have the Fewture ExGokin 2nd Gig Tachi? If you do, can you take a shot of them side by side.

The Goodsmile Tachi looks very small on your pic. I love the size and weight of the Fewture Gokin Tachi. And I was hoping the Goodsmile one would be as big.

Hmm, I didn't post a pic, so I'm not sure what you're referring to, lol. Regardless, I don't have the Fewture Gokin either. =/ But at least I can take some comparison shots. Here it is next to the Yamato 1/60 YF-19 and Binaltech Meister. I wouldn't call it small, though.

post-1199-1215009597_thumb.jpg

Edited by rikiryou

As for Motoko, despite her size, she is pretty damn poseable - not to mention her face is pretty well sculpted, too. And because of her size, her joints can support the whole body. Double ball-jointed shoulders, ball jointed wrists, ball and swivel jointed feet, ball jointed hips, ball jointed waist, swivelling thighs and arms.

Oh, and single ball jointed head at the neck to body, instead of neck to head. Still works pretty well. She comes with a pair of open hands only, and both the rifle and handgun with hands sculpted on.

Proportion-wise, pretty good but I find the thighs a tad bit chunky (unless Motoko really does have fat thighs, haha).

All-in-all pretty good, but the price warrants more extra items and gimmicks packaged in.

The Major has always had some serious "Stems". In GITSAC she is generally shown to have a fairly muscular

lower body like an athlete. What has always surpirsed about the character is that she is a bit indulgently

feminine physically (Remember her body is made to order) and almost never indulgent at all psychologically.

In the first manga she was more laid back and a bit hedonistic at times. But in the animated material she

is far more staid (except for the wardrobe...) and only rarely shows her sense of humor or any affection.

Edited by Chindenathus

...But in the animated material she is far more staid (except for the wardrobe...) and only rarely shows her sense of humor or any affection.

That's what sells the shows for me. I hated how Shirow tended to ruin a good story with the occasional eruptions of silliness in his manga work. Of course, for others, this is what makes anime so appealing...

Hmm, I kinda agree there. The SAC series made the character interactions somewhat more believable. The Major joked around quite a bit although she does it with a straight face; in a way that showed that she has a good sense of humour while still being focused. I guess with SAC the character interactions tend to be a little subtle in nature as they focus on the bigger plot.

Great, now I feel like going on another SAC marathon, haha.

Just got my Goodsmile Co. Tachikoma today. Here are a couple of size comparison shots:

post-3943-1215116844_thumb.jpg

Back row, left to right: GSC gokin, Fewture gokin, Megahouse Perfect Piece, Bandai gokin, Wave W.H.A.M.

Front row, left to right: Hobby Japan Tachikoma File, Megahouse, Organic, Kotobukiya 1/72, Sega mini figure, Movic, keyring

post-3943-1215116859_thumb.jpg

Overall the GSC Tachikoma is pretty nice. It's very heavy (about the same as the Fewture version, but much better articulated). It has a good amount of detail too. About the same number of gimmicks as the Perfect Piece, just different ones. And of course the Major figure is a big bonus. MUCH better than the figure that came with the Perfect Piece (who I forgot to include in the photo). If the price was any cheaper I'd say it was a no-brainer.

P.S. Sorry my camera sux.

so price vs value, which one of these seems to be the best to get? GSC is around $160, Fewture around $133, and the megahouse is $45...do the extra features of the GSC warrant an extra $30 or so?

It's bigger, more poseable and tighter joints plus a poseable figure? I'd say it is.

I canceled my preorder the other day at HLJ for the goodsmile Tachikoma. I already got my daughter the Fewture version for last Christmas and really wanted to get the Goodsmile one due to thinking it slightly looked better and mostly because of Motoko. I just feel throwing another 200, which includes the shipping, mainly for Motoko, seems ludicrous since I already got her the Fewture version. I'm almost done with Wave's Tachikoma kit, am going to start the Uchikoma kit soon, and have a resin recast gotten from E2046 of the military spider tank shown in the first Ghost in the Shell movie. Personally, after almost finishing the Wave kit, I like the size of the Tachikoma better than the Fewture one. I just wish the Motoko was available seperately ( http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=4672 ). Hopefully, Goodsmile or the Revoltech fraulein line will release a stand alone 4.5 inch Motoko. I told my daughter that I'd be getting her Motoko at some point and she has evicted the previous occupants of her doll house so that Motoko can move in in. She also wants me to build her a gun rack for the weapons.....

If anyone knows where to get an original or recast of the HAW-206 from the Stand Alone Complex series, could you please post a link? I so want this and it was once released as a garage kit in Japan at one of the WHF festivals, so I know it is possible. A picture of the unit is posted in this very same thread so many pages back. Someone said that this was just a prototype, but that is incorrect, since I have personally seen on the web that this was a garage kit, which I think came out around 2006.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the GSM Tachikoma in Hong Kong a few days ago. Anyway, I don't know if this is limited only to my GSG Tachikoma, but when I opened the box, I found that the main body, back pod, and most of the parts were lathered with funky-smelling wax. My fingers kept slipping while opening the back pod. Please let me know if this is the same situation with your GSG Tachikoma. Thanks.

tachikoma9.jpg

tachikoma1.jpg

tachikoma2.jpg

My GSC Tachikoma did not have the wax problem you are describing. The only issue I had with the way it was packaged was how they folded the fingers on the right hand. They overlapped them to make it fit in a tigher space, but now they don't want to center properly.

My GSC Tachikoma did not have the wax problem you are describing. The only issue I had with the way it was packaged was how they folded the fingers on the right hand. They overlapped them to make it fit in a tigher space, but now they don't want to center properly.

Thanks for answering my query. I was in a rush to get to the airport and should have known better to check for double tape before buying this GSM Tachikoma. Anyway, for anyone buying toys at Hong Kong's Mong Kok and Yaumatei areas, watch out for the dealers there. They pass off second-hand stuff as new. This is the second time this has happened to me.

Edited by roboto

Thanks for answering my query. I was in a rush to get to the airport and should have known better to check for double tape before buying this GSM Tachikoma. Anyway, for anyone buying toys at Hong Kong's Mong Kok and Yaumatei areas, watch out for the dealers there. They pass off second-hand stuff as new. This is the second time this has happened to me.

"Double-tape?"

I actually considered that, but my experience with buying toys, specifically from Yamato, is that the brand new stuff often isn't sealed with tape. Also, retailers will sometimes seal pre-owned items to make them look new or untouched.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my GSC Tachikoma....and its a fabulous toy except mine came with a QC problem. The left hand is very loose at the joint where the blue and grey parts meet. It droops. Its otherwise a fabulous toy though. I'm considering asking HLJ if they could get me a new left hand from GSC. Its probably gonna cost me abit but the droopy hand really bugs me.

Got the GSC Tachikoma about 2 weeks back. Figure is REALLY heavy, so heavy in fact that the legs are barely supporting it, limiting poses. Mine came with the previously mentioned problem with the right hand (fingers not aligned) But one thing's sure, it looks AWESOME, and it's heavy :lol: (yeah it's both a good and a bad thing) Motoko figure is really small (less than 9cm or 3.5 inch) but at that small size, it's really detailed, has lots of joints and she looks really beautiful, face is especially really well done, way better than I had hoped. Highly recommended, and not just for the Motoko figure :rolleyes: the GSC Tachikoma is a really nice figure and if you're a fan of the series, or simply love the Tachikoma, you really should consider getting it

• 1 month later...

I got my GSG today in the post and my word, it is heavy and really really excellent both in design and execution.

I cannot recommend it enough to a GIT:SAC fan with some spare jingle in the pocket. I got mine from the folks

at Twin Moons Anime. I think I am going to get this big fellow soon: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

• 1 month later...

BTW folks. Don't forget the 10% coupon!

Redemption code: CFALLSAVINGS10P

A Goodsmile Tachikoma for $107 (which includes EMS shipping). Not bad.

I'll get some pics when it arrives.