Ghost In The Shell Toys And Models

EXO

True but what's the story on this one any body got info on it?

http://www.hlj.com/product/FEW96107

Hlj say's it releases this month but I have sen on info on it anywhere else. . .

post-972-1179447436_thumb.jpg

True but what's the story on this one any body got info on it?

http://www.hlj.com/product/FEW96107

Hlj say's it releases this month but I have sen on info on it anywhere else. . .

Well, for one thing, the pix of the Fewture Models version doesn't show a full-opening cockpit hatch... only the top. They do have a reputation for drool worthy sculpts (see the EX Gohkin Gettas for example), but this one seems, you know, the SAME as every other Tachikoma that's coming out. I don't think it's that hard to sculpt an accurate Tachi'... so it all boils down to the finishing, accessories and gimmicks. In that respect, the GoodSmile version is hard to beat.

I would LOVE to be able to see all 3 versions (Megahouse/GoodSmile/Fewture) side by side to compare sizes and the similarities/differences of the blue paint job. Then I could buy one expensive GoodSmile and possibly a cheaper same-size (repaint?) alternative just for kicks.

Well, for one thing, the pix of the Fewture Models version doesn't show a full-opening cockpit hatch... only the top. They do have a reputation for drool worthy sculpts (see the EX Gohkin Gettas for example), but this one seems, you know, the SAME as every other Tachikoma that's coming out. I don't think it's that hard to sculpt an accurate Tachi'... so it all boils down to the finishing, accessories and gimmicks. In that respect, the GoodSmile version is hard to beat.

I would LOVE to be able to see all 3 versions (Megahouse/GoodSmile/Fewture) side by side to compare sizes and the similarities/differences of the blue paint job. Then I could buy one expensive GoodSmile and possibly a cheaper same-size (repaint?) alternative just for kicks.

to add to that line-up I'd like to see the Wave WHAM as well: http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVKK-21

as a budget option. Like you say, a tachi is a tachi, so maybe the best bet is to just get the cheapie one?

edit: found some bigger pics on Toysdaily: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread...;extra=page%3D1

Edited by Guppy

• 3 weeks later...

That's the one that I originally thought I was ordering when I got the Megahouse one... :( I mixed them up. I'm happy with the Megahouse one, but I wanted the articulated Motoko figure... :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

from Engadget

"Ghost in the Shell fans, unite. Your favorite killer spider is back once more, as Bandai is delivering a newfangled version which stands 9.5-centimeters high and connects to your PC via USB. Apparently, this creature comes bundled with software which enables it to play back voice messages and fire up mini-games when it's not emitting sounds through the built-in speaker or catching your eye with its integrated LEDs. Unfortunately, it looks like this creature won't actually be uncaged until next February, but that'll give you some time to save up the ¥13,440 ($115) that you'll need come launch day."

post-515-1192209824_thumb.jpg

I've forgotten about that spider tank! How big was it? Is it supposed to be released as a toy or a model kit?

That spider tank is custom made for Hobby Japan, IIRC.

Just heard that WAVE is releasing Navy arm suits kit, so they might get to the spider tank someday.

Edited by konimon

Just found these little movies online.

Working scaled Tachikoma link 1 and link 2

those are so awesome. I would love to have one walking around the place, picking up odd bits of lint and making and scaring the jebus out of my dog.

then the baby would come along and throw it on the ground and yell out, "BALL!"

If you are talking about this Goodsmile Gokin version, then yes, it is made of diecast. Just be careful, Goodsmile also sells a PVC version, don't get confused. I am pretty sure the mega house one is not diecast. The Goodsmile Gokin version has been delayed again and is now postponed to Nov 2007.

http://www.goodsmile.info/products/gsc/2007/gsc0710-01.html

By the way, I saw the Fetwture Gokin 2nd generation Tachi (with claws) in one of my local shop. It is really big and looks really well made. It is also diecast and has led light. I caved in and ordered one on Yahoo JP for 70USD. If the Goodsmile is as big and as well built, I love to own the 1st generation version of Tachi (with wheels)

http://www.artstorm.co.jp/ex_gokin_tachikoma.htm

So what are the major differences between the Mega House Tachikoma and the one from Goodsmile apart from the use of diecast? The only difference I noticed is the price which is insane for the Goodsmile AFAIC.
Edited by Mowe

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Megahouse Perfect Piece Tachikoma yesterday and it looks as good as it does on the promo pics...BUT...

The legs on this thing are loose! It can hardly remain standing. The weight of the cockpit makes the Tachikoma too heavy to support it's own weight on with the back legs making it lean back with its arms up in the air. Normally I hate it when the screws are visible on a toy but in this case it would've been nice to be able to open it up and makes the joints a little tighter.

Maybe I should've gone with the Goodsmile version but it seemed a little expensive. :mellow:

Yeah, the legs on the megahouse tachikoma are a bit loose/weak. For the hind legs I have them set at a particular angle so they support the cockpit area and hold it up. If yours has legs that are looser than on my tachikoma I feel for you. I just posed it and left it. :p Beautiful tachikoma though! :)

I've got the WHAM Yellow Tachi by Wave and it's also weak in the knees. Luckily(?) the body is just an empty plastic shell, and it is possible to either extend the first leg joint or jam it in tight to prop up the segment against the body housing for support. If ever a mecha design NEEDED Revoltech joints, this is IT.

Come to think of it, I've never had much luck with multi-legged mecha toys. Anyone had the old Kotobukiya/ArtFX Front Mission 4-legged tank? It looked sooooo poseable but the legs really can't be put into any dynamic poses at all... :p

I've got the WHAM Yellow Tachi by Wave and it's also weak in the knees. Luckily(?) the body is just an empty plastic shell, and it is possible to either extend the first leg joint or jam it in tight to prop up the segment against the body housing for support.

Is this true of all the other WAVE Tachikoma figures?

I think this is the place to start discussing these also, tho' they're still a long way off. At 1/24 scale, I'd say they'll be about 6 inches. Probably a bit less. Also I don't think they'll sport a lot of features, like opening cockpit and such, despite the 62 dollars price tag, so maybe we should wait for Kaiyodo to make some Revoltechs of it.

post-1636-1193535145_thumb.jpg

post-1636-1193536273_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Megahouse Perfect Piece JMSDF Type 303 Armsuit.

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/plamod20...C_5359.jpg.html

MegaHouse Perfect Piece JGSDF Armsuit

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/plamod20...C_5363.jpg.html

If the cockpit hatch opens, Megahouse Navy Armsuit would be the winner (compared to wave kit).

Army Armsuit looks kinda like a Dragonball mecha... :ph34r:

Edited by konimon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

THIS might be my very first 12 inch figure. It looks good so far.

Real Action Heroes (RAH)

Ghost In The Shell Motoko Kusanagi

Size: 12" (1/6 scale)

Manufacturer: Medicom Toys

Price: 17640 Yen (tentative)

Release: August 2008 (tentative)

2003047674901758928_rs.jpg