Ghost In The Shell Toys And Models

EXO

I've never been a huge GITS fan but that 1/18 scale tachikoma is too good to pass up....of course at $155 my wallet may say otherwise.

427414[/snapback]

I'm thinking the same thing.

Now as far the action doll... I cant get over the face it jsut doesnt look right atleast from that angle

Wow, are those figures (the whole GITS gang)? It's funny that all companies try to cash on the same anime line at the same time.

Major Tom: Yikes, that Motoko doll cost a fortune; about $400 bucks :ph34r:

Yep, that's very pricey for a doll :blink:

I wish she would have some meat on her like these kits

post-186-1156382785_thumb.jpg

post-186-1156382804_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, definatly ordering this one, if any one sees a preorder post it here. . . :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Close-ups.

The firearm.

IPB Image

The ammo pouch.

IPB Image

The holster.

IPB Image

The display plate.

IPB Image

Her face.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Link to hobbylink japan on product description:

http://www.hlj.com/product/ALP88029

In brief...

- This figure is quite light for it's height and size.

- The company that produces it is rumoured to have shutdown it's operations.

- Apart from HLJ, this figure is sold out mostly.

- The detailing, shading, are very well done.

- Although, most collectors have found the colour of the hair to be too light, I find that it's just nice.

Anyway, this is the figure that I really don't mind splurging on. It's got all the details of the of Major from the TV series GitS:SAC 2nd GiG. The only thing lacking now is probably a tachikoma in the same scale and the rest of section 9. I wonder if another company might do up Batou as a 1/7 figure? :p

I got that figure last month or so, I was a wee bit disappointed with the size, I expected it to be a little bigger. I got two "shining tears" figures that are also 1/7 scale and they tower over Motoko, either they stated the scale wrong for the other figures or they got it wrong for Motoko.

I can't do much comparison since my other figures are of 1/6 scale, but to date, it's one of the figures that bears much likeness to the anime motoko.

I am slightly disappointed with the workmanship in paint work, some smudges and dots of other paint colour on mine.

Ya I have that figure on the way. Found an ebay seller who wasn't selling it for 75.00 or more. The difference was only 4.00 more shipped if I had it shipped from HLJ shipped EMS. Still a little high but I don't splurge on toys that much anymore so who cares...well except the wife lol

That Mega House Tachikoma has me interested still but I was told if I buy that " ugly thing" I have to buy a wife present as well <_<:p

I can't do much comparison since my other figures are of 1/6 scale, but to date, it's one of the figures that bears much likeness to the anime motoko.

I am slightly disappointed with the workmanship in paint work, some smudges and dots of other paint colour on mine.

So far this Motoko figure is the best representation and probably the only completed figure made thats based on the TV show. It certainly beats all the garage kits with over sized breasts. About the size, My other figures that are supposedly 1/7 scale measure about 23cm high and Motoko is about 20cm that makes it more like 1/8 scale i think.

Here's some pics of my humble GITS collection.

That's the new Perfect Tachikoma. I find the legs to be a little loose at the base, but I am okay with it. I took a pic with a 1/48 Cannon fodder so you could get an idea of the size. I like the hatch on top feature. As you can see, Motoko can poke her head out for a look around. :p

post-867-1174445676_thumb.jpg

post-867-1174445696_thumb.jpg

post-867-1174445715_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roy's Blues

even as a complete non-fan of Ghost in the Shell, i gotta say those are some pretty damn rad looking figures.. (the spider bot and girl inside)

I always have thought those spiderbots were a oddly utilitarian design. very cool.

• 2 weeks later...

That 1/7 Kusanagi figure showed up the other day. Overpriced of course but looks really cool. The details are very nice. No defects in the paint. The figure is very light though. I think an empty bottle of beer weighs more.

Mine showed up a few days ago from HLJ. Everything looks ok except for the large dark airbrush mark down the centre of her chest. Looks kinda weird but I see it in the pics attached above too so I'm assuming it's not a mistake.

That particular model is 1/18 scale.

True but has anyone found a place that sells or has it up for preorder yet?

Edited by DARKWIND

• 1 month later...

It seems Goodsmile diecast tachi is finally coming out, due October.

I've picked up Perfect Piece Tachi and put it right back on shelf so many times,

but this is the one I would get.

http://www.goodsmile.info/products/gsc/2007/gsc0710-01.html

The major is 95mm tall. So she is about microman size. Spec says it's "non-scale" tho.