Ghost In The Shell Toys And Models

EXO

People go crazy over those Figmas. I'll stick with my Motoko figures. But I would like to see what Hot Toys can do with Motoko.

What's wrong with Figma? The quality, likeness and general articulation is pretty good.

Personally, I haven't owned a single Motoko fig because it's harder to find a shop that sells the ones made by lesser-known companies (my local hobby store mostly brings in Figma and Revoltech), so the Figma one will be my first.

Ghost In The Shell SAC Figma figure? Why not Arise?

attachicon.gifGITS.jpg

Whatever Motoko, as long as it doesn't go "sold out" at amiami at the first day of pre-order, is good.

People go crazy over those Figmas. I'll stick with my Motoko figures. But I would like to see what Hot Toys can do with Motoko.

I really don't know, I bought one just for curiosity's sake and now I have 10. Never had any desire of collecting anime stuff before.

I think that'll be possible soon but based on the upcoming US produced live action movie.

I hope not. I would want the original movie Motoko and SAC version.

Without Ridley Scott or James Cameron directing GitS, i really don't expect much from the movie. Steven Spielberg is supposed to like the movie but if so why isn't he directing? Not that I was crazy about that A.I. movie. I can't think of many other directors that are skilled enough visually and good with storytelling that would do justice to the anime. Maybe Alfonso Cuaron.

What's wrong with Figma? The quality, likeness and general articulation is pretty good.

Nothing's wrong I guess. I was thinking about getting a few but decided against it for figures or Hot Toys versions.

I can't remember the last time I liked a Spielberg film... I'd rather watch Arise than a live version of GitS. As for toys, manga version for me. The Diver Down Statue is still one of my favorite plastic version of the major.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember the last time I liked a Spielberg film... I'd rather watch Arise than a live version of GitS.

His movies are too serious now. Technically better than the old ones but not as fun. Indy 4 was ok I guess. I haven't seen Tintin. But as bad or borderline forgettable as Arise is, I would take that too. Making a live action version just to make one is like making an animated Blade Runner just to make one. There's no need. Unless with a live action GitS they can do something equal or better than Blade Runner. Which I highly doubt.

Take Prometheus, I like that movie. But it's not quite on the same level as Alien or Aliens. So what chance does the current live action GitS director have against a director like Ridley Scott? Little to none.

• 2 months later...