Why The Hell Is This Not On Dvd???

The toys were great. But look at the prices on Ebay

427013[/snapback]

Some people will buy anything, I guess...I knew that there were toys...AND I seem to remember them having magnets on their feet.

I never had any of these toys ('Joe and Transformers kept me plenty busy), but my buddy used to have the white jet-shuttle-thingy...

I'm still waiting for Visionaries to come out on DVD.

427151[/snapback]

And if not the show, then at least the toy commercials, as those were freakin' classic.

As for DVD, I'm still rooting for Exo-Squad.

• 1 month later...

STARCOM!!

I still have a bunch of these squirreled away somewhere at my parents' place. Let me tell you, these toys were TOUGH. I'd bring them in the pool with me when i was a lad (seemed like a great idea at the time, what with all the motorized parts.. ><; ) I currently have about 12 of those little magnet-footed dudes on my fridge.

But now that I've gone and watched the intro to the show on youtube.com, ....... Man oh man does that look like a Macross ripoff!

I know that the show didn't always do that, but the intro makes the show look like a Macross clone. I do remember it being pretty good, too, but I also remembered how non-campy transformers was until i bought some of the newer DVDs and tossed aside the rose-colored glass called childhood. ugh.

I'm looking into getting ahold of some episodes anyway. You can actually still kind of get them through Amazon, i've noticed. There was even a DVD release, apparently, back in march 2005 from "aluminum filmowrks" or something like that. 3 episodes out of 13.

Heh,

I'm just glad The Adventures of the Gummi Bears and Dungeons & Dragons are finally coming to DVD this fall. Plenty of stuff to blow money on. ;)

IPB Image

The fact the DVD case cover is based on the old D&D Basic Set layout is just icing on the cake. The people knew the audience they were catering to.

IPB Image

Hmm, can't help but wonder if they're going to use the original intro, or the badly redone intro from a few years ago.

Hmm, can't help but wonder if they're going to use the original intro, or the badly redone intro from a few years ago.

To the best of my knowledge, the original intro for D&D, since its a collection of all 27 episodes (Seasons 1, 2 & 3). The redone intro from Saban only covered Season 2 IIRC.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Heh,

I'm just glad The Adventures of the Gummi Bears and Dungeons & Dragons are finally coming to DVD this fall. Plenty of stuff to blow money on. ;)

IPB Image

The fact the DVD case cover is based on the old D&D Basic Set layout is just icing on the cake. The people knew the audience they were catering to.

IPB Image

I remember that cartoon. My sister loved it.

And if not the show, then at least the toy commercials, as those were freakin' classic.

As for DVD, I'm still rooting for Exo-Squad.

you and me both... Exo-squad was a classic.

I had a friend who had all the starcom toys but I never even knew there was a cartoon. he just had all these cool toys taht could do a wide variety of things with magnets.

I'd kill for Captain Power DVDs and some form of continuation to the story...

Edited by lord_breetai

I had most of all of the Star Com toys back in the day, but think my parents gave them all away once I was in HS and hadn't played with them in a few years. :(

They were great, now that I think of it. I had the good guy big white fighter with the little pods that would fold up and go into the cargo pod shaped thing. I had the bad guy big black fighter thing with the 2 little fighters that attached to it. Plenty of troops and assorted smaller vehicles, too. The magnets were a great idea and implemented fairly well, as were many of the mechanisms. I wish a new toy line would come out with figures that size, if not a reimagining of that series. Lets you do modestly sized vehicles in proper scale at least...

Exosquad is another good one. I believe I still have many of these toys in the boxes in storage. I started phasing out before the last waves (the fixed fighters IIRC). I would love both series on DVD but I have a feeling StarCom would be in the GIJoe/Thundercats sucky-corny-today but good-in-my-memories nostalgia, unlike classics like Robotech (or more accurately in it's original component series) , G-force/Battle Of the Planets/Gatchaman sort. Exosquad definitely goes in the latter category.

Edited by Uxi

I had most of all of the Star Com toys back in the day, but think my parents gave them all away once I was in HS and hadn't played with them in a few years. :(

They were great, now that I think of it. I had the good guy big white fighter with the little pods that would fold up and go into the cargo pod shaped thing. I had the bad guy big black fighter thing with the 2 little fighters that attached to it. Plenty of troops and assorted smaller vehicles, too. The magnets were a great idea and implemented fairly well, as were many of the mechanisms. I wish a new toy line would come out with figures that size, if not a reimagining of that series. Lets you do modestly sized vehicles in proper scale at least...

Exosquad is another good one. I believe I still have many of these toys in the boxes in storage. I started phasing out before the last waves (the fixed fighters IIRC). I would love both series on DVD but I have a feeling StarCom would be in the GIJoe/Thundercats sucky-corny-today but good-in-my-memories nostalgia, unlike classics like Robotech (or more accurately in it's original component series) , G-force/Battle Of the Planets/Gatchaman sort. Exosquad definitely goes in the latter category.

GI Joe is sucky today? I still love it follow the new comics and everything and the classic comics are still great. the TV show is silly but still fun to watch too... Thundercats... well that's a little different I like it a bit still but, again that's different.

Inhumanoids! Teen Turbo, and the inspring and awesome Captain Power!

If I recall there was three episodes of The Inhumanoids on DVD by Rhino. Since were demanding our 80's toons where is my Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines and Ulysees 31 DVD's?

I'd kill for Captain Power DVDs and some form of continuation to the story...

I had no idea anyone realized this show existed. I still have all of the toys still in their boxes at my parents house somewhere. There was a guy who transferred all of the original VHS tapes to DVD and did a very high quality job of it too.

http://www.captainpower.com/cdvideo/dvdvideo.html

I was actually on ebay seeing what the toys went for and apparently they're worth next to nothing. While i was at it i looked up Legions of Power and Construx (both were a million times more fun than legos) and found that the latter was still actually worth something. :p

I've got that on VHS. I loved the pissed-off character who was always throwing his shoe at the T.V. and breaking it in every episode...

But now that I've gone and watched the intro to the show on youtube.com, ....... Man oh man does that look like a Macross ripoff!

I know that the show didn't always do that, but the intro makes the show look like a Macross clone. I do remember it being pretty good, too, but I also remembered how non-campy transformers was until i bought some of the newer DVDs and tossed aside the rose-colored glass called childhood. ugh.

Yeah, whoever wrote/directed that StarCom opening sequence definitely saw the opening battle of DYRL and copied the hell out of it, right down to the location in the rings of Saturn.

If I recall there was three episodes of The Inhumanoids on DVD by Rhino. Since were demanding our 80's toons where is my Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines and Ulysees 31 DVD's?

Actually I saw Ulysees 31 DVDs with COPS DVDs at Fry's Electronics, along with the Zelda cartoon and Super Mario 3 cartoon.