Meeting with yamato

Guest Graham-2

Well, that upgrade pack sounds wonderful! I sure hope they go for it. If I can get DYRL? style hands, all the better. Still, anything is an improvement over the current hands, which are the only major flaw currently on the 1/48 design.

Thanks very much Graham.

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release. I can confirm that the heatshield will be red, not black. The official explanation is that when you see it as black in the anime, it is just because of shadow.

It's settled, I guess. Still.. I prefer the black heatshield on a VF-1S. I bought extras, so I'll be using one of those. Does this mean that Max's VF-1S heatshield was supposed to be blue?

Does this mean that Max's VF-1S heatshield was supposed to be blue?

Exactly! I always felt that Squadron Leaders sported the black heatshield. I guess we can't really do much with all the animation (color) errors in DYRL.

It's settled, I guess. Still.. I prefer the black heatshield on a VF-1S. I bought extras, so I'll be using one of those. Does this mean that Max's VF-1S heatshield was supposed to be blue?

I always felt that the only black heat shield was Roy's. And it's not animation error. When they put shadows over the logos and sometimes eyes in animation, they always let the light color shine thru. Like the yellow on Batman's chest. He may be completely in the shadows but his symbol is always in sight.

I hope all of you can understand my english.  Because I am not good at it.

Zero

Welcome to the Macrossworld Forums (v.2) Zero! It's alright...there are sometimes when I've had a bit too much Yoshinol (while visiting the forums). Are you looking to add another Yamato to your collection? :o

I already have Macross toys as below:-

YAMATO

2 sets of 1/72 YF-21 Fast Pack version.

1 set of 1/48 VF-1A "Hikaru".

1 set of 1/48 VF-1S "Focker".

2 sets of 1/48 VF-1A "Max".

2 sets of 1/48 VF-1A "Low Vis".

Banpresto

4 sets of Transformable Valkyrie.

I will plan to buy from YAMATO :-

2 sets of 1/72 YF-19 Fast Pack version.

8 to 10 sets of 1/48 Fast Pack.

2 sets of 1/48 VF-1A "Hikaru".

Many sets of 1/48 VF-1J.

I hope YAMATO can issue 1/48 VF-1S "Max" and "Low Vis".

Zero

Edited by Zero

Anyway, I saw the finished VE-1 and VT-1 last night and very pretty they look. However, the boxes are huge, nearly rivalling the 1/48 boxes in size. I think Yamato must have 'Big Box Syndrome' or something :D Anyway, the VT-1 and VE-1 are currently on route to Japan from the factory so should have no problem meeting the scheduled August 31st release date.

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release. I can confirm that the heatshield will be red, not black. The official explanation is that when you see it as black in the anime, it is just because of shadow. No additional interchangeable hands are planned at this time for the VF-1S Hikaru which is disappointing. Basically, there wouldn't be time to get them sculpted, approved and into production by October. The posibility does exist that additional non-articulated DYRL hands may be offered at a later date as an upgrade kit though, so keep your fingers crossed. Lastly, I did suggest that we would like to see light grey painted panel lines on the VF-1S Hikaru, ala the 1/48 Low Vis, but the guy in charge of Macross product development didn't seem too keen on the idea.

Graham

Anyway, I saw the finished VE-1 and VT-1 last night and very pretty they look. However, the boxes are huge, nearly rivalling the 1/48 boxes in size. I think Yamato must have 'Big Box Syndrome' or something  :D  Anyway, the VT-1 and VE-1 are currently on route to Japan from the factory so should have no problem meeting the scheduled August 31st release date.

Good, cause i am waiting for the VE-1...

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release.

What?? I thought it was VF-1J Hikaru? Not another VF-1S.... No offense, but what happened to VF-1J?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the news Graham..

Graham, thanks for reporting what you can. In light of your recent troubles and to maintain your relationship with the folks over at Yamato, I am glad that you can give us any details about upcoming products. Personally, I look forward to when you are allowed to give out details about Macross Zero products :) .

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the info. Its a bit disappointing to hear that the guy in charge of the development macross products aint so keen on the panel lines thing. Nevetheless, its great news that the VF-1A Hikaru Strike will be scheduled for a release in October. By the way Graham, will the mold of the VF-1S Hikaru be the same white/beige as the VF-1S Roy or the grey/white tone of the Max VF-1A? If you compare the1/48 valks closely enough, you will notice the difference in mold colors. Im hoping for the latter, which is the grey/white tone of Max. Another request for our sithlord, could the tone of the red/black stripes be darker as the former has a slightly lighter red tone? Another question, for our sithlord, any idea when will the 1/48 VF-1J be released, will be it be couple with fast packs? Thanks.

Thats settles my purchase for the upcoming months. 2 1/48 Fps, 1 or 2 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru, 1 1/48 VF-1J.

Cheers

:lol::D B) :rolleyes:

Great info Graham. Grazie...

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release. I can confirm that the heatshield will be red, not black. The official explanation is that when you see it as black in the anime, it is just because of shadow. No additional interchangeable hands are planned at this time for the VF-1S Hikaru which is disappointing. Basically, there wouldn't be time to get them sculpted, approved and into production by October. The posibility does exist that additional non-articulated DYRL hands may be offered at a later date as an upgrade kit though, so keep your fingers crossed.

Graham, speaking about upgrade kits, I have a crazy idea. How about Yamato making an upgrade kit for all the Hikaru VF-1A's out there that would basically be a VF-1S head (appropriately painted as a Hikaru head) and FAST armor to convert the valks to Hikaru VF-1S. My reasoning for this is that there are a lot of Hikaru VF-1A's out there, since it was the first release, and many people either don't have the money to get the Hikaru VF-1S and really want one or, like me, aren't sure that they would want to plunk down $150-$200 for a valk that is almost identical to one they already have.

Just an idea I had, any thoughts???

Dang. And I was hoping for some legal info from Yamato. Oh well.

Well, at least it's reassuring that they're still discussing this stuff. Of course, said discussion could have consisted of the Yamato execs saying "Boy, those HG guys really showed us a thing or two," so what do I know? :blink:

We have to wait until Spring 2004 for something new? There is a lot of time between now and then - 2 whole seasons. Are they going to fill that time with nothing but VF-1's? Oh well, I know good things will come. Thanks, Graham.

OK, I'm back. Went out for an Indian meal last night with two of the guys from Yamato. Lots of beer was drunk and a good time was had by all.

Unfortunately, although I got a fair amount of new info on what's planned, there is very little that I'm publically allowed to reveal. Last time I went for one of these dinners earlier this year I released far too much info on MW and got in big trouble.

Anyway, I saw the finished VE-1 and VT-1 last night and very pretty they look. However, the boxes are huge, nearly rivalling the 1/48 boxes in size. I think Yamato must have 'Big Box Syndrome' or something :D Anyway, the VT-1 and VE-1 are currently on route to Japan from the factory so should have no problem meeting the scheduled August 31st release date.

Didn't get to see any samples of the 1/48 FAST packs which bummed me out. I gather the FAST packs are currently in the middle of production and should be shipping to Japan soon, so hopefully they will reach Japan in time for the planned August 31 release date, although there is a possibility that we may end up with a first week of September release.

The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru is defintely scheduled for an October release. I can confirm that the heatshield will be red, not black. The official explanation is that when you see it as black in the anime, it is just because of shadow. No additional interchangeable hands are planned at this time for the VF-1S Hikaru which is disappointing. Basically, there wouldn't be time to get them sculpted, approved and into production by October. The posibility does exist that additional non-articulated DYRL hands may be offered at a later date as an upgrade kit though, so keep your fingers crossed. Lastly, I did suggest that we would like to see light grey painted panel lines on the VF-1S Hikaru, ala the 1/48 Low Vis, but the guy in charge of Macross product development didn't seem too keen on the idea.

You guys are going to hate me, but I just plain forgot to ask about the 1/60 upgrade parts :(

Other topics such as Macross Zero & Macross Plus toys, other future Macross toys and HG/BW legal issues were discussed in depth, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to talk about any of that. :ph34r:

Sorry for the sparsity of new information, but my hands really are tied.

The last thing I will say is expect to see some of the new really exciting Macross items starting sometime in Spring next year.

Graham

:D Thanks for the update G!

Ah, it just makes me wonder what kind of goodies we will be looking forward to.

...damned gag order <_<

Well, while I think panel lines would look cool. . . at least my existing valks won't seem to plain now next to the newer ones. Then again, they're already re-releasing the Hikaru 1A (with 1S head of course). So, were that to have panel lines, then they'd only need to figure out a reason to re-release the Roy and Max. . . and like the sap I am, I'd buy them if they had panel lines and all the improvements of the Low-vis and Max. :)

H

Well...let me join the chorus of "Thank you's" We all appreciate you sharing what you can. I for one am hoping for something really cool to be announced in Spring next year.

Lets see: (in no particular order... )

1/60 Regult

1/60 Glaug

1/60 VF2SS

1/60 VF2J (WOULD BE AWESOME! )

1/60 VF4

1/60 Zentradi Fighter Pod

1/60 VF5000G

1/60 Macross Zero Toys (ANY AND ALL PLEASE!)

...thats all I want...(for now) is that so hard!!!/??? ;)

Well...let me join the chorus of "Thank you's" We all appreciate you sharing what you can. I for one am hoping for something really cool to be announced in Spring next year.

Lets see: (in no particular order... )

1/60 Regult

1/60 Glaug

1/60 VF2SS

1/60 VF2J (WOULD BE AWESOME! )

1/60 VF4

1/60 Zentradi Fighter Pod

1/60 VF5000G

1/60 Macross Zero Toys (ANY AND ALL PLEASE!)

...thats all I want...(for now) is that so hard!!!/??? ;)

Hey, what about a 1/60 Rabbit? With FAST packs! Has anybody ever done a toy or model of this mecha?