The Marine

Mr March

haha.. terrible! Although it's probably good for Robert Patrick, he's doing a good impersonation of a Walken bad guy. man, I hate dodgy computer effects like that casing eject from the gun.. it makes me think their audience is too dumb to notice.

Hang on, I just reread that last sentence.

• 1 month later...

Release is here and luckily, I'm in no mood to waste time and money on this film. But I have to say, I do love these kinds of films, not for watching, but for the far more entertaining reviews. They are like reading parody websites :)

"If not for the regular fiery explosions, The Marine would be an environmentalist's dream; it's made from 100 percent recycled materials."

Review on FilmCritic.com

Feel free to post some funny reviews if you see em :)

I was wondering if anyone would ever be along to replace Van Damme, Segal, "Ah-nuld" and others like them. The Marine represents the return of the mindless action genre of the late 80's and early 90's. I'm glad to see that all things old, whether they be Macross, clothes, cars, video games and whatnot, are being made new again..

Hooray for the Marine! ;)

Speaking of the pseudo straight to video action genre, there's a Paul Walker movie called Running Scared that is actually pretty good.

I can't believe I called a Paul Walker movie pretty good, but it's above average sitting next to the Jeff Speakman and Casper Van Dien movies of the world.

IIRC, The Boondock Saints was also a direct to video movie. I'm starting to think more and more sleeper films are making their way onto video.

Pro wrestling has a huge following, I don't blame Cena or The Rock for cashing in on it.

Running Scared was good....hardly an "action flick". It was a theatrical release btw and a not a straight to video film.

Edited by Gaijin

i didn't realize marines liked to use dorky looking fantasy knives.. i guess K-Bars just don't cut it anymore huh?

My K-Bar is plenty enough for me. Better than that POS M9 bayonette used by the Army. Any decent Marine with an average knowledge of Corps history will tell you the history of this famous knife. So John Cena can play with his girly knife because he ain't no jarhead.

I can't believe I called a Paul Walker movie pretty good, but it's above average sitting next to the Jeff Speakman and Casper Van Dien movies of the world.

I actually met Jeff Speakman when I was younger. What other movies has he done? Perfect Weapon was the only one that I knew of...

Speaking of the pseudo straight to video action genre, there's a Paul Walker movie called Running Scared that is actually pretty good.

IIRC, The Boondock Saints was also a direct to video movie. I'm starting to think more and more sleeper films are making their way onto video.

Pro wrestling has a huge following, I don't blame Cena or The Rock for cashing in on it.

"Running Scared" was definitely a nice surprise when I rented it. And that was because it was recommended by a friend that doesn't watch any cheesy stuff.