Macross Sound Effects

Sorry, I really don't know where else to put this, there is no misc category.

Dose anyone know of, or have any sound effects from Macross / Robotech? The sounds they use sound old, fake, and very odd, and yet I LOVE them, and do not want to use more realistic ones for my flash animations! I have plenty, but nothing compares to the original, especially transformation sound effects. I was able to grab a gunpod sound from Macross DYRL in that one scene near the end that had no music, but 99% of the time there is to much background sound, or music to pull out a clean sample. I was also lucky enough to get a folding sound from DYRL as well, but as of yet, I haven't gotten a thing from the original show.

Things I am looking for are buttons, switches (cockpit) engines, jet flying by, transformations, missiles, generally anything that has to do with the VFs or the SDF.

I have noticed newer anime like Gundam Seed using the same sound effects! Specifically the walking sound (witch I could really use!) and I am wondering if they are in some archive somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I really don't know where else to put this, there is no misc category.

Dose anyone know of, or have any sound effects from Macross / Robotech?  The sounds they use sound old, fake, and very odd, and yet I LOVE them, and do not want to use more realistic ones for my flash animations!  I have plenty, but nothing compares to the original, especially transformation sound effects.  I was able to grab a gunpod sound from Macross DYRL in that one scene near the end that had no music, but 99% of the time there is to much background sound, or music to pull out a clean sample.  I was also lucky enough to get a folding sound from DYRL as well, but as of yet, I haven't gotten a thing from the original show.

Things I am looking for are buttons, switches (cockpit) engines, jet flying by, transformations, missiles, generally anything that has to do with the VFs or the SDF.

I have noticed newer anime like Gundam Seed using the same sound effects!  Specifically the walking sound (witch I could really use!) and I am wondering if they are in some archive somewhere.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

421747[/snapback]

The Animeigo DVD set has an "EFX and music only" audio selection. So you can here sound effects and music without any audio. I'm sure there is a program out there that you can use to extract the audio stream and then manage it however you wish. Videohelp.com may have such a program.

I Emailed you ChrisG. I also googled around for Animeigo DVD set, and havent found anything sound effect related yet. I do have a way to pull things off. I use Goldwave. I went through Macross 7 the movie, and a little bit of Macross Zero too. I picked up one sonic boom, that zentrodi / VF walking sound (not very good quality), and a missle sound. Its a start I suppose, but if ChrisG hooks me up, I think I'll be good to go.

IIRC the sound and music only stream on the Animego set actually separates the Music and SFX tracks out to the right and left audio channel. I vaguely remember this being mentioned here back when the Animego set first came out (I do believe it was on the old boards). I'm at work now so I can't check but once I get home I'll pull my discs and see if it's true. If it is it would be a simple matter to rip the audio stream and then separate out the music channel.

IIRC the sound and music only stream on the Animego set actually separates the Music and SFX tracks out to the right and left audio channel.  I vaguely remember this being mentioned here back when the Animego set first came out (I do believe it was on the old boards).  I'm at work now so I can't check but once I get home I'll pull my discs and see if it's true.  If it is it would be a simple matter to rip the audio stream and then separate out the music channel.

422211[/snapback]

This is correct. Tested it last night