Vf-1a Photoshop Madness

Jay-Lew

Actually, I did get back into it just a few days ago. Finished mapping all the little extraneous details like to landing gear, the circular doo-dads on the nose, legs and near the wings, the missiles, and all the rest of the little details. I am currently working on the cockpit and the pilot. and I'm probably gonna do a set of VF-1S textures as well before I start doing the Battroid mode. I will post some new renders after I finish the cockpit.

Thanks all!

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
That is really nice modelling and texturing work, I love it.

I must say I was hoping for a block 6 type cockpit. Your work is great nonetheless.

Yeah interesting fuselage textures to be sure...

Not sure if the aircraft should have a brushed metal type finish though.

I do agree a block 6 (DYRL) type cockpit would look pretty amazing too!

Regardless, WOW stunning work!

Edited by Zinjo

Hey Jay-Lew, do you still have that awesome SDF-1 model you made a few years back (I believe it was 2005)? It would be great to see some more of that, perhaps even some wallpapers. It was incredible.

What he said... B))

I kept meaning to do some Photoshop work on it to create a photorealistic scene of the SDF-1 from the park, but free time and skill level have not been my friend recently.

Anything new on that project would be greatly appreciated. It has to be one of my favorite renders of yours.... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

Yeah interesting fuselage textures to be sure...

Not sure if the aircraft should have a brushed metal type finish though.

I do agree a block 6 (DYRL) type cockpit would look pretty amazing too!

Regardless, WOW stunning work!

Yea, the fusulage textures need some tweaking. I was experemanting with the specular map. and it doesn't really work, I've just been to lazy to take it off right away. They also need to be higher resolution, cause they kinda break up when you get close enought to appreciate the cockpit detail. I'll go back and rework them a bit once the cockpit is done.

Thanks for all the comments!

Okay - so these gorgeous pictures I'm looking at are a computer image? It looks like a real-life honest to goodness obscure yet perfect model set. It looks absolutely amazing. It looks real! Is this for a CG movie or somethin'?

• 1 year later...

love the art work.. only thing that anoys me more than ever is every 1 always uses Skull Squadron for all theyr VF-1's theyr must of ben 100s of Vf-1's in service no? i dont know about macross but for fighter squadrons in real life they have about 24 aircraft per squadrons 12 to 24 depends what branch what country ect therefore theyr must be loads of squadron logos you can find from macross Lore on the net if not make your own. i sound like im criticising im sorry if i do its just a sugestion of what wouled make those awsome peices of art even more attractive to me.

Pardon my english its not my first language.

Dermeister: Well, the fighters most often modelled are part of the Skull Air Wing. It's the entire group of VF-1s based on the Prometheus and SDF-1. An air wing encompasses several squadrons, who have at most, 24 active pilots. During wartime emergency, like the entirety of Space War I, all pilots are assigned to active duty. This said, it would not be illogical for there to be 35 to 40 people per squadron actively flying, but for the hundreds of VF-1s seen to all be flying. We see the non-Skull VF-1A UN Guard models at Alaska Base. You never see the Air Wing Logo on any of the planes, save for the Skull Team planes. (Roy, Hikaru, Max, Kakizaki) They are the pilots in Skull Squadron, the namesake squadron of the Air Wing. Now do you see?