Vf-1a Photoshop Madness

Jay-Lew

Nice!

Only the jets have the shadow on the wrong side. Look at the shadow on the van in the foreground to get an idea of where the sun is.

Very cool nonetheless... ;)

Noted. I'll change it as soon as I have time to do so. :)

I got a big kick outta that Ataria Island shot.. very cool! The after burner pic came out great too. If I may suggest, tone down that light blue under the nose, etc. Otherwise... nice job!!!

Help me out here, I'm colorblind and I haven't got a clue what light blue under the nose you're talking about. :huh:

Yeah the highlighting on the nose area and underside implies a light source in front of the fighter which is not present in the background which is in fact, a cloudy morning, probably at early dawn... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

I've made the nose, rockets and wheels a little darker on both images.

Now I'm ready to move on to something new.

How are those in flight renders coming along?

:p j/k

Take your time Jason. I really appreciate you taking the time to do these renders so we can have all this Photoshop fun.

IPB Image IPB Image

Started working on the pilot ( mesh courdesy of scott8539 ). Did a few adjustments to the mesh, and got him rigged ( although the rigging setup needs a little bit of tweaking still ). Still need to make textures for him though. Here is a preliminary render.

Later!

Jason

post-3050-1168902666_thumb.jpg

I would suggest that you keep any color coding off the helmet and leave it as white.

This allows any Photoshoper to be able to color the helmet as they see fit.

This way we are not "stuck" with a Roy, Hikaru, Max or Kakizaki color coded helmet.

Even with a shiny surface it is easy to re-color so long as the base is white.

Something to consider.

Started working on the pilot ( mesh courdesy of scott8539 ). Did a few adjustments to the mesh, and got him rigged ( although the rigging setup needs a little bit of tweaking still ). Still need to make textures for him though. Here is a preliminary render.

Later!

Jason

Looks really promising Jason!

Am I reading this right? Is the VF-1 piloted by capt. J.L. Man Muffin? :huh:

I would suggest that you keep any color coding off the helmet and leave it as white.

This allows any Photoshoper to be able to color the helmet as they see fit.

This way we are not "stuck" with a Roy, Hikaru, Max or Kakizaki color coded helmet.

Even with a shiny surface it is easy to re-color so long as the base is white.

Something to consider.

I disagree. If it was a Roy, Hikaru, Max or Kakizaki VF it would have been white anyway. As this is a CF it should be piloted by a CF pilot.

BTW: I do hope Jason will take the time to create hero versions of a couple of renders somewhere down the line. B));)

Looks really promising Jason!

Am I reading this right? Is the VF-1 piloted by capt. J.L. Man Muffin? :huh:

I disagree. If it was a Roy, Hikaru, Max or Kakizaki VF it would have been white anyway. As this is a CF it should be piloted by a CF pilot.

BTW: I do hope Jason will take the time to create hero versions of a couple of renders somewhere down the line. B));)

#1 Yes that is correct! It's my online gaming handle. I use it cause it's quite embarassing to get killed by someone who calls himself "Man Muffin!"

#2 By Hero versions do you mean Fokker's Vf-1S / Hikaru's VF-1J / Max's VF-1A etc etc ?

If so, then the answer is Yes, I will eventually make those versions, just not sure when I can get around

to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, very beautiful PS works everyone!!!

After a long break from my 1/60 Yamato VF-0S Photoshop Bash-kit Job, I did a bit more work to it today. Very happy with the progress with the weathering. Click HERE to see previous progress pics. Please post any comments if you have other ideas or technique I can try. :)

[attachmentid=40573]

post-3608-1171802751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Ah!!! You hit the bull's eye!!!! I started this project a while back because I was frustrated that the VF-0S wouldn't do this pose but VF-1 can (see below).

At the time, I thought Yamato had gone backward with the poseability, so I took the matter in my own hand. Actually, my recent whinnying and b itching of Yamato on other threads had propelled me to restart this project… heh…heh…it is my own little way to correct Yamato’s less than perfect toys… :p

Original Inspiration...........Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Super (no photoshoping)

[attachmentid=40574]..............[attachmentid=40575]

I just saw the your thread and that's some nice Photoshop work there. I wish a real Yamato VF-0 could do that kind of posing.

post-3608-1171807340_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1171807405_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I've made the nose, rockets and wheels a little darker on both images.

Now I'm ready to move on to something new.

How are those in flight renders coming along?

:p j/k

Take your time Jason. I really appreciate you taking the time to do these renders so we can have all this Photoshop fun.

IPB Image

Hi Dante. Great work mate! They look amazing! The heat effect and lighting is very very nice.

I know you said you're over it and ready to move it, but if you chose to revisit the pic, a 'squat' nosegear position in the first pic could really top it off.

Once again, beautiful pics. Saved.

Mark

Hi Dante. Great work mate! They look amazing! The heat effect and lighting is very very nice.

I know you said you're over it and ready to move it, but if you chose to revisit the pic, a 'squat' nosegear position in the first pic could really top it off.

Once again, beautiful pics. Saved.

Mark

Thanks! You have a good point, the front gear should squat a bit.

Although I don't plan to revisit that particular image, I am ready to do new one. All I need is a good picture to fit a render into.

Hey all! Been busy with other projects lately, but will hopefully have time here soon to get back to finishing my VF-1 and back to working on my SDF-1 and Macross city. In the meantime, I got sick of my current VF-1 desktop so I whipped up a new one for mtself and thought I would share it with all of you if you would like. I have a larger one than this, full 1600 x 1200, but I cannot get it to upload to this forum, so I fanyone would like the higher res version, and knows how to get it to upload, please let me know.

Thanks!

post-3050-1173735760_thumb.jpg

Hey all! Been busy with other projects lately, but will hopefully have time here soon to get back to finishing my VF-1 and back to working on my SDF-1 and Macross city.

Please continue work on all of the above projects! I still drool over your renders of the SDF-1 and the VF-1 on a regular basis. :)

In the meantime, I got sick of my current VF-1 desktop so I whipped up a new one for mtself and thought I would share it with all of you if you would like. I have a larger one than this, full 1600 x 1200, but I cannot get it to upload to this forum, so I fanyone would like the higher res version, and knows how to get it to upload, please let me know.

Thanks!

I can host it for you on my imageshack account or you can open an account for yourself. PM and I'll send you my e-mail adress to send the hi-res version to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Been busy with other projects lately, but will hopefully have time here soon to get back to finishing my VF-1 and back to working on my SDF-1 and Macross city.

WOW!!!! You just made my day... even if I am a bit slow finding this news. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks,

Carl

• 5 months later...