Kawamori-San is a Harry Potter fan

Jester

Him and half of Japan, to be fair... :p ( when you travel about five hundred miles in a completely foreign country and meet three different people all of whom are Harry Potter fans, it kinda makes any argument about whether the books are any good rather redundant... )

I can't wait to hear the radio chatter now!

"Skull One, Angels Twenty, vector three hundred, estimate bandits six million plus, over."

"Copy, Macross. Skull One to Skull flight, bandits at six o'clock high, climb at buster and engage. Tally Ho, and get Hikaru to put the kettle on, Emma, we'll be back in time for tea!" :lol:

So what if he likes Harry Potter? I like Harry Potter...does that mean that I have all of a sudden lost my twig and berries and am now Fru-Fru? Or am I mentally challenged? If you like it fine, if you don't, why do you have to cast insults just because you happen to not like Harry Potter.....kinda like the whole Yamato toy thing.....get off it and move on.

You make baby Kawamori cry people

Twich(smhnsylcw)

So what if he likes Harry Potter? I like Harry Potter...does that mean that I have all of a sudden lost my twig and berries and am now Fru-Fru? Or am I mentally challenged? If you like it fine, if you don't, why do you have to cast insults just because you happen to not like Harry Potter.....kinda like the whole Yamato toy thing.....get off it and move on.

You make baby Kawamori cry people

Twich(smhnsylcw)

Err... when exactly did we cast insults? Saying you lost respect for someone isn't the same as insulting him. <_<

Guys, I'm putting this in the "coincidence" column unless there's some proof that the HFH or whoever named the character was influenced by Harry Potter rather than "Gee, doesn't Emma Granger sound like a cool name?" :)

Hello... Harry Potter came AFTER Macross 7 and well after the original Macross. <_< It's just a coincedence that the actress who plays Hermione Granger's name is really Emma. If anything this would suggest JK Rowling is a Macross fan. :p

Hello... Harry Potter came AFTER Macross 7 and well after the original Macross.  <_<  It's just a coincedence that the actress who plays Hermione Granger's name is really Emma. If anything this would suggest JK Rowling is a Macross fan.  :p

Ok Rowling! We know your here show your 500 million dollar face to us! and buy us all valks! :lol:

Edited by GobotFool

Hello... Harry Potter came AFTER Macross 7 and well after the original Macross. <_< It's just a coincedence that the actress who plays Hermione Granger's name is really Emma. If anything this would suggest JK Rowling is a Macross fan. :p

Hmmm... actually, the character in question is the bridge bunny to be featured in the upcoming Macross PS2 game. If I'm not mistaken, the Harry Porter books are out already, so anything is possible. :p

Him and half of Japan, to be fair... :p ( when you travel about five hundred miles in a completely foreign country and meet three different people all of whom are Harry Potter fans, it kinda makes any argument about whether the books are any good rather redundant... )

There is a distinct difference between something being 'good' and something being 'popular'.

Just beacuse the masses like something, does not make it good. The Spice Girls & Britney Spears are two examples that spring to mind. But anyway, I digress, that is a discussion for another time.

Graham (not a Harry Potter fan).

Let's forget all this nonsense, and remember Kawarmori the Gundam fan.....ahhhh much better.

To be fair, I did give harry potter a chance, sat through the sorcerers stone, and found it boring & super weak. If only all movies ended with the "hero" falling a sleep & spontaniously beating their enemies!

Him and half of Japan, to be fair...  :p  ( when you travel about five hundred miles in a completely foreign country and meet three different people all of whom are Harry Potter fans, it kinda makes any argument about whether the books are any good rather redundant... )

There is a distinct difference between something being 'good' and something being 'popular'.

Just beacuse the masses like something, does not make it good. The Spice Girls & Britney Spears are two examples that spring to mind. But anyway, I digress, that is a discussion for another time.

I knew it! Its just a strange coincidence and just chose the name. Whatever happen to Pocky and all of them.

Him and half of Japan, to be fair...  :p  ( when you travel about five hundred miles in a completely foreign country and meet three different people all of whom are Harry Potter fans, it kinda makes any argument about whether the books are any good rather redundant... )

I agree. I enjoy Hary Potter, but Graham is right the formula popular = good is a false one. Look at pokemon for a even better example.

I'm well aware of that, Graham, but I do think that the amount of publicity around the books does rather obscure the fact that they are, more or less, pretty good reads ( its also been pointed out that Britney Spears single "Hit me baby one more time!" is actually a pretty good song - by a British band called Travis, who did a slightly spoof cover version that has been remarked as sounding as if loneliness really is killing the singer... )

I'm not claiming that they're the greatest things ever written, but that doesn't make them bad either, and the impression I've got of J.K. Rowling is that she deserves at least some of her success. Also, we British do tend to be very hard on the successful, and I think its great that a British export has become so well known all over the World.

But, as you say, this isn't really the place and arguments like this do tend to go round and round in circles.

Maybe we should move on to wondering when the VF-0 Hoki no e Varible Broomstick will make an entrance in Macross Zero... :lol:

Edit: a further thought or two: perhaps anime fans more than others may appreciate the value of a story as a bridge between languages or cultures, as well. Rowlings England isn't the England I live in, just as the Japan of, say, Love! Hina isn't exactly the Japan I've visited. But a sense of the countries they're set in is there, and the generation of interest in other places hopefully works in two directions...

Edited by F-ZeroOne

I agree. I enjoy Hary Potter, but Graham is right the formula popular = good is a false one. Look at pokemon for a even better example.

Welcome to the wonderful distinction between entertainment (popularity with the masses) and art (popular with critics and peers)....

Either way, I actually dig Harry Potter quite a bit... I enjoy the writing, the films, etc.

So to me, it would be both "good" and "popular." But to each their own opinion.

Heaven forbid if any of us were swayed by those who feel that anime is crap and Macross is, in particular, old crap. ;)

:ocry_smile.gif

I love the Spice Girls.

Shes not in to oringnal Macross shes a character from the new game, thus she came after Harry Potter

Hybridchild