Cvn-99 Asuka Ii's Carrier Deck....

Lightning

during the whole carrier battle scenes on Mzero, you never see the carrier's deck get chewed up with everything sliding across the deck. So I got to wondering, what's it made out of? or is it Anime Magic at it's best? (I mean, even the Monster didnt leave "foot prints"...)

during the whole carrier battle scenes on Mzero, you never see the carrier's deck get chewed up with everything sliding across the deck.  So I got to wondering, what's it made out of? or is it Anime Magic at it's best?  (I mean, even the Monster didnt leave "foot prints"...)

420191[/snapback]

maybe it had the same magic OT armor tech that the valks had?

It does take a few hits, and damage (mostly bullet holes, and some parts of the edges ripped out) during the VF/Destroid/Armoured VF battle over and around it in the 3rd episode.

Otherwise... yeah... OTEC metallurgy and other armour upgrade techniques.

100 year old rice crispy squares.

420216[/snapback]

Hardest substance known to man

420400[/snapback]

Are you sure it was rice crispy squares? Even with the weight Monster on it? Now if you said 100 year old fruit cake...then I'd believe you.

100 year old rice crispy squares.

420216[/snapback]

Hardest substance known to man

420400[/snapback]

Are you sure it was rice crispy squares? Even with the weight Monster on it? Now if you said 100 year old fruit cake...then I'd believe you.

420403[/snapback]

nah, Roy's VF-1S was made out of fruit cake! The Monster too!

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think it's an advanced form of a "self-healing" cutting mat. It's just "self healing tarmac".

(The question isn't how it structually holds together--flightdecks are armored solid steel on par with battleship armor--the question is how does the asphalt on top survive almost unscathed)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Personally, I think it's an advanced form of a "self-healing" cutting mat.  It's just "self healing tarmac". 

(The question isn't how it structually holds together--flightdecks are armored solid steel on par with battleship armor--the question is how does the asphalt on top survive almost unscathed)

423086[/snapback]

"self-healing cutting mat".....I've never heard of one of those. Any examples of some sort?

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I think it's an advanced form of a "self-healing" cutting mat.  It's just "self healing tarmac". 

That's already been answered, "100 year old rice crispy squares"... sheesh pay attention... :p

That's already been answered, "100 year old rice crispy squares"... sheesh pay attention... :p

425514[/snapback]

pure lies. its the pure essence of hatred of robotech from macross lovers.

Which can be harvested as a pure form of protoculture, and then spread over the deck with a brush.

425703[/snapback]

Warning: use of protoculture in large quantities may cause mechanical mutations, including but not limited to Monsters with arms.