Takatoys Low Visibility stickers!!!

takatoys

(since I had to twist and bend the hard steel rings of the strap to fix it on the gunpod, it left me with sore fingertips)

ahh, the good ole set of Pliers! very useful for things of that nature! that's how my strap is fixed to my LV's gunpod, the "rings" are bent outta shape, but at least i did it with style!

(since I had to twist and bend the hard steel rings of the strap to fix it on the gunpod, it left me with sore fingertips)

ahh, the good ole set of Pliers! very useful for things of that nature! that's how my strap is fixed to my LV's gunpod, the "rings" are bent outta shape, but at least i did it with style!

Haha. I used my teeth. :lol:

Uhhhh, why look for costly high tech stuff when you can actualy put a quarter (canadian or US) over the fastpack skull logo and make a clean cut with an exacto blade, the diameter is exactly the same. This solves at least one of your problem I hope.

Never thought about that - thanks for the tip. I just ordered some FP stickers for my 1/48's and will have to give that a try.

Uhhhh, why look for costly high tech stuff when you can actualy put a quarter (canadian or US) over the fastpack skull logo and make a clean cut with an exacto blade, the diameter is exactly the same. This solves at least one of your problem I hope.

A $5 pair of scissors is "costly, high-tech?"

A $5 pair of scissors is "costly, high-tech?"

Oooops sorry,

I tought these were the titanium lazer cut blade cutters with electronicaly controlled pressure used in the space shuttle an misread the price tag and saw 50,000$ instead of 5.00$...

I still don't think having rounded scissors will help cut round logos

Let us know how it works.

• 2 weeks later...
Sweet deals! Now those are "press-on decals" or are they the water-based decals (like the ones on model kits)?

That is the only thing I don't like too much about the decals that come with the 1/48, the stickers make the plane look cheap, wish they had the water based or press-on decals (especially for the low-viz)

These are stickers, not decals; but they look just like decals: proffesionally printed, made of very thin high quality 3M sheets. Trust me, they are far superior than the Yamato stickers.

Well, it is time to give a small preview of what the option stickers will have. Due to a busy schedule, they won't be ready until the end of october.

stickoption.jpg

I don't know if this will be considered helpful or nitpicky, but shouldn't that read UNN Valley Forge (not Vally Forge)? I just thought I'd point it out before you had a million printed, Tak. :)

It actually does help quite a bit. For some reason, it's a lot easier to control the curve with a blade that's curved already. I'd used a curved pair of scissors for my 1/60 decals and they worked nicely, especially for the round ones. Although those were supposedly nail scissors. But they looked pretty much the same. I thought I was daffy for using them.

-Al

A quick comment on Takatoys FAST Pack stickers.

I fitted a FAST Pack to my new 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru last night and wanted to apply Takatoys FAST Pack stickers. However, I noticed on Takatoys sticker sheet that the big circular red skull sticker that goes on the side of the booster is marked with a '011', which is OK for Hikaru's DYRL VF-1A, but incorrect for Hikaru's DYRL VF-1S, which should be marked '001'. So in the end I had to use the standard Yamato sticker :(

I hope Takatoys can modify the FP sticker sheet to include a DYRL Hikaru VF-1S sticker.

Graham

A quick comment on Takatoys FAST Pack stickers.

I fitted a FAST Pack to my new 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru last night and wanted to apply Takatoys FAST Pack stickers. However, I noticed on Takatoys sticker sheet that the big circular red skull sticker that goes on the side of the booster is marked with a '011', which is OK for Hikaru's DYRL VF-1A, but incorrect for Hikaru's DYRL VF-1S, which should be marked '001'. So in the end I had to use the standard Yamato sticker :(

I hope Takatoys can modify the FP sticker sheet to include a DYRL Hikaru VF-1S sticker.

Graham

Does anyone know if takatoys (or perhaps he can answer himself) plans on updating the Armor Stickers to include a red skull with 001 for Hikaru's DYRL VF-1S?

I asked Takatoys this very same question about a month ago, and he responded that he will include the 001 red skull with the optional Low-Vis sticker sheet.

Had to be another newbie. :rolleyes: There is a search function you know! ;) J/K Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on Takatoys stickers? I'm eagerly awaiting some new releases. The VF-1J Hikaru is almost here (better start working on Max/Miria stickers :p ) and are you still planning on including the red skull with '001' for Hikaru's VF-1S strike in the latest low-vis supplements?

Edit:

And on that note, check these pics over at the Twin Moons gallery out.

Edited by Draykov

Those pictures featuring Takatoys toys stickers on the Low Vis are way cool!!! Yamato should take a leaf from our custom stickers makers Devin and Takatoys. I may sound mean, but hey we are paying for an expensive toy which is a top of the line product, shouldnt they at least give us decent stickers? But anyway props to those who doing those sticker/decals, cos they are doing a beautiful job!!

Hey Noel, if you could get some of these stickers i would love some, see wether you could order through VE or Takatoys himself. Im sure many of us here in SG would love such quality stickers.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think so either. I tried a pair of curved scissors that I had lying around and found it really difficult to cut anything neatly.

They work great for me.