Takatoys Low Visibility stickers!!!

takatoys

Finally I have the low vis. stickers ready; trust me, they are the best low vis. stickers you can get!!!

Quality is excellent, lots of stickers including the beautiful Red roses symbol squadron. Actually it's supposed to be Blue roses, but from the different pictures I saw, the rose comes in either red or blue. My first option was red so I named it Red roses. Don't worry, there will be a Low vis. option sheet that will have the Blue roses symbol with all the details and the other enigma symbol.

Price for each sheet is US$10

The new fastpack stickers will be ready next week, price US$5

Now I gotta go to sleep... :rolleyes: forgot the pictures, here they are:

lowviz1.jpg

lowviz2.jpglowviz3.jpglowviz4.jpg

beautiful! I've been thinking of doing something like this to my low-viz. Can we make requests? :rolleyes::D

I really wanted a decal of the pointy-teeth mouth that the A-10 tankbusters have to put on the nose of my 1/48. And those red roses insignias would look great on the wings.

Sweet deals! Now those are "press-on decals" or are they the water-based decals (like the ones on model kits)?

That is the only thing I don't like too much about the decals that come with the 1/48, the stickers make the plane look cheap, wish they had the water based or press-on decals (especially for the low-viz).

I really wanted a decal of the pointy-teeth mouth that the A-10 tankbusters have to put on the nose of my 1/48. And those red roses insignias would look great on the wings.

Not to undermine Takatoys, but you can get a ton of water transfer decals for 1/48 model aircraft. Here are a couple of good sources:

Squadron Online Hobby Shop

Twobobs Aviation Graphics

Rather than an A-10 sharkmouth though (as it probably wouldn't look quite the same on a VF-1), I think the one included in this F/A-18 sheet might look killer on a low vis Valk:

48-034.jpg

Edited by Draykov

Sweet deals! Now those are "press-on decals" or are they the water-based decals (like the ones on model kits)?

That is the only thing I don't like too much about the decals that come with the 1/48, the stickers make the plane look cheap, wish they had the water based or press-on decals (especially for the low-viz)

These are stickers, not decals; but they look just like decals: proffesionally printed, made of very thin high quality 3M sheets. Trust me, they are far superior than the Yamato stickers.

Well, it is time to give a small preview of what the option stickers will have. Due to a busy schedule, they won't be ready until the end of october.

stickoption.jpg

Well, it is time to give a small preview of what the option stickers will have.

Sorry if I forced your hand. ;)

Edited by Draykov

I think I'll probably get myself some of these, eventually. One question though, how did you get rid of the printed skulls?

Paint over them with Intermediate Blue (FS 35164). I've used the Model Master version and can say with certainty that its a perfect match. Now all I need are the appropriate markings and I can get on with my next custom :) .

Thanks for the info Draykov!

Taka - put me down for one of those option decal sets! They look great. Don't worry - I can wait. I have to pay off my credit card before I buy anything else. :D

Hmm, got a (silly) question. As the 1/48 nose is removable, for the sharkmouth, would you make the decal in 2 parts or would we be better off applying it then carefully slicing down the join with an exacto knife?

Very Very Very nice. :lol: B)

Forgive me if this question has been asked, but what's the significance of the Red Rose being on the Low-Vis Valkerie? I don't really know alot about the toy or Valkeries altogether. Is there a story behind these Low-Vis Valkeries?

Forgive me if this question has been asked, but what's the significance of the Red Rose being on the Low-Vis Valkerie? I don't really know alot about the toy or Valkeries altogether. Is there a story behind these Low-Vis Valkeries?

I haven't seen the new series (Macross Zero) which is a prequel to SDF Macross, but if I'm not mistaken this low-vis VF-1 one is sort of a transition from the VF-0 seen in the new series to the VF-1s we know and love in the old Macross TV series.

Edited by Draykov

Hey Tak,

I sent an email a few days ago. I know you're busy right now, I was just wondering if you'd received it. Thanks.

[Edit]

Got your email. Thanks!

Edited by Draykov

I received my stickers this tuesday and I must say I a most impressed.

I am actually considering to remove all the originl yamato stickers from my 3 1/48 to place the takatoys stickers instead. They are much much sharper and thinner than the original ones, they don't tend to peel off like the originals, the colors are much nicer and warmer, especialy the yellows.

My original idea was to get these in case the Yammie stickers would turn bad but when I compare what I did on my low viz, the other ones look just BLahhhh !

Get them guys trust me.

hey..a lil off topic but...

does the low viz not come with a gun strap?

It does.

(since I had to twist and bend the hard steel rings of the strap to fix it on the gunpod, it left me with sore fingertips)

Takatoys just chose not to use the strap on those photos.

Edited by Wabbit

Just got my sets this Saturday. One word: WOW! These stickers are absolutely gorgeous. I'm almost sorry to cut them from their respective sheets in order to use them...almost. I can't wait to see what my yammies will look like all dressed up with these babies.

I've seen the low vis expansion set and fast pack sticker, and was wondering if a "expansion" set will be created to account for Yamato's upcoming release of the VF-1J.

Thanks Tak, for making these available to the Valkyrie collector community...a wonderful service, and very much appreciated. I'll definately be ordering more sets as further VFs become available. :)