1/1 Scale Vf (my Greatest Masterpiece Yet...)

wm cheng

Hi all!

I am very happy to announce my greatest creation - a 1:1 scale fully variable (although the neck joint is a little floppy :D ) future Macross fanantic!

Our "kit" was delivered on July 11 at 1:56am weighing in at 7lb 6oz (customs and duty didn't like the big box she came in :p ) Mom is doing very well and actually approves of this "purchase".

This new project may take some time away from other Macross endeavours for the immediate future (until she starts building her own kits).

Just wanted to share the good news with my online family - I didn't know where to post this appropriately, but thought the most people that knew me would be in this thread.

Thanks, with step-by-step updates to follow.

Wm :p

post-244-1153614141_thumb.jpg

post-244-1153614154_thumb.jpg

Hi all!

I am very happy to announce my greatest creation - a 1:1 scale fully variable (although the neck joint is a little floppy :D ) future Macross fanantic!

Our "kit" was delivered on July 11 at 1:56am weighing in at 7lb 6oz (customs and duty didn't like the big box she came in  :p )  Mom is doing very well and actually approves of this "purchase".

This new project may take some time away from other Macross endeavours for the immediate future (until she starts building her own kits).

Just wanted to share the good news with my online family - I didn't know where to post this appropriately, but thought the most people that knew me would be in this thread.

Thanks, with step-by-step updates to follow.

Wm :p

418394[/snapback]

Awesome, man!! Congratulations to you and your wife!!!

What's the name of the project??? Sorry to ask but is it a polycap or rod joint kit?

Dude you are going to have a blast with your WIP. Caution, Exo might want a recast. ;)

AAahhh. Nice.

Checklist:

Dont foget to keep the windows open while wet (vapors).

Keep alot of paper towles handy(wipes).

Keep hands clean at all times.

Make sure area is dust free.

and

Like I am sure you do with all your masterpieces,

take it out and fly it aorund the room a couple times...fwooosshhhh... :D

Congratulations.

This new kit is gonna be your most expensive build yet (and probably ever).

Think hard about the colour scheme as if you get it wrong you`ll pay for it in 18 years time when you show the photos off to her boyfriend. Oh god you`ll have to vet them, "do you know what Macross is ?" , "No" , "O.K theres the door"

The step by step for this ones gonna be a long one.

CONGRATULATIONS! Now I know why you "dropped off the scope" for awhile. My only advice is watch changing out the fast packs! The spent fuel rods can be dangerous! :lol:

Heartfelt congratulations!

She is a very beautiful baby! (I'm sure she takes after her mom :lol: )

I guess you know, this will be your most involved scratchbuild project ever. You've only just begun! :D

*claps hands*

Just make sure to feed it, and when it's old enough start customizing it properly with lots of Macross toys (you might want to start buying up matchbox robotech on ebay now) and a good selection of quality opinion-expressive t-shirts. A good custom will require quite a bit of time, ever since we got our kit we've been pretty busy... just when you think you've got everything perfect it requires all kinds of new accessories and equipment.

Now for the important question:

Did she come with fast packs?

Congrats!

418614[/snapback]

those will be added later I'm sure :lol: . I can hardly wait to see all the halloween costumes done by will :blink: . "Sorry but apple bobbing might mess your electronics dear, why don't you show your friends your working missles instead" :lol:

congrats w

I can hardly wait to see all the halloween costumes done by will :blink: . "Sorry but apple bobbing might mess your electronics dear, why don't you show your friends your working missles instead" :lol:

419223[/snapback]

Never mind you can always shoot all apples instead.

Thanks for all the warm wishes and creative comments (my wife really loves those!)

Congratulations to you too Brian!

p.s. I've already been caught with overspray a few times - and I don't mean with an airbrush! ;-)