New 1/48 Angel Birds Valk By Yamato

Dante74

But hopefully Yamato will include the TV fat hands with these as well.

Given that it is a tv valk it would be strange if they didn't.

Now I wonder if there is a chance for the alaska base valks? We are starting to see valks that have only really appeared in 1 ep now.

Things I would like to see:

Greyish TV VF1S skull leader with tv fast packs and arm armor thingies. (a special edition where you get two pilots 1 when roy was piloting, and then one with hikaru towards the end of the war when the FP were being used) Of course this would not include any strike cannon. So it should be slightly cheaper than if you were to buy a dyrl roy + fast pack as seperate items.

A non fast pack version with just roy in his tv flightsuit could be done (like with the stealth valk) for those not interested in FP. This would encourage completists to finally have a DYRL roy and TV roy. The tv VF1S roy would have a different tone to it (not white) and the tv arms. (not the dyrl arms like the recent vf1 brown cannon fodder release)

And then when they are busy milking that, they can give us the green Qrau. :D It's time the tv series got some love.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Until its confirmed by Yamato, then i'll believe it. For example, did we anticipated the Angel Bird, Low Vis, Low Vis 2, GBP2, and the Stealth? I don't think its that hard for Yamato to make the VT-1 and VE-1. There's room left behind the cookpit to make a two-seater. Personally, I think the Super O and the Elint may very well be one of the last to be made so that Yamato can milk as much as possible to cover the expenses to make the VT-1 and VE-1. And as long as the sales are good, Yamato is convinced that it will sale. So we got to keep on buying!

Again..this shows that they will never do an Elint and Ostrich

418190[/snapback]

It might not gives us the two-seaters, yet. But it could lead us to TV Max and Kakizake, since they are still milking the VF-1A molds. And who knows, they're might even be a very, very slim chance that the VF-1A Kakizake from DYRL could be produced.

Please Yamato hear my prayers.

418193[/snapback]

Boy, I hope not! But only for the fact that I (and others) have gone ahead and done custom jobs for these three particular valks. Of course, if Yamato should see fit to release these versions, I would almost undoubtably buy them (gotta complete the collection). I could then strip the paint from my customs and use them for other paint schemes. But I would truly prefer that Yamato move on to other projects rather than release these valks so that I wouldn't feel like I wasted my time, money, and effort to do the customs. But then, guys like Kurt, Jung, and Hayao Kakizaki probably felt the same way when Yamato released the 1/48 Cannon Fodder VF-1A.

Oh, to hell with it then! Go ahead, Yamato, release every damn version of the VF-1 we've ever seen! As well as a handful of non-canon paint jobs! You know we'll buy 'em, you sadistic bastards! Go ahead, take all my money! I don't need food to survive! Starvation doesn't scare me! I'll cannibalize my neighbors if I have to! Just gimme the damn valks already!

... okay, sorry folks, we now return to our regularly-scheduled sanity. Let's get back to talking about this kick-ass Angel Birds valk. So then, uh... does anyone else hope that Yamato tampo prints the "Angel Birds" name along the legs instead of having to use a sticker? Oh hell, I don't care, I'll be buying two at the absolute minimum. Anyway, please ignore me and continue with the discussion.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

I would truly prefer that Yamato move on to other projects rather than release these valks so that I wouldn't feel like I wasted my time, money, and effort to do the customs. But then, guys like Kurt, Jung, and Hayao Kakizaki probably felt the same way when Yamato released the 1/48 Cannon Fodder VF-1A.

At the rate they are going, they are doing both of those things simultaneously:

Continuing to milk 1 seaters which we haven't seen yet

releasing macross zero stuff

releasing yf19

second releases of the gbp (lots of different scheme they can put on them beyond the usual)

arrrrrrggh..

If they get around to two seaters it will be competing for attention against these other things and the other projects. (not to mention if they have any surprise stuff like what they did with the koenig. Variable glaug or vf4 perhaps?)

And with the size of yamato boxes I wouldn't be surprised if the japanese macross collector is actually using them as a house to live in and store all his valks. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't recall seeing any in DYRL, but it still has the chicken hands for perfect transformation. As far as I can tell, all the 1/48s come with chicken hands for this specific reason. But hopefully Yamato will include the TV fat hands with these as well.

418150[/snapback]

see the pic it come with a TV pilot,this means it is a TV version package, so It must also come with the set of TV fat hand. :)

Thanks for the news (RYO and Dante)!  Posted on the Nexus!

Got a profile for this one now up here too.

418112[/snapback]

Thanks!!! :D

Over on the Macross World Forums, Dante74 (with some help from RYO) has posted an image of the next VF-1 in the Yamato 1/48-scale line.  The "Angel Birds" color scheme. . .

LOLz! :D

I'd just like to correct your assumption...I did not help Dante74, he jumped the gun on making this thread when he saw my inquiry on this thread, no offense to Dante74 ofcourse...Ultimately, a BIG thanks to Hobby Stock for the very early scoop... ;)

Back to topic, I somehow don't like the colorful scheme, I think I'll keep my budget on the VF-0A instead...

418198[/snapback]

I did indeeed jump the gun on making this thread. I got so exited about this release that I just couldn't wait. sorry again RYO.

RYO should get credit for finding the pic of the Angel Birds 1A, it's his find.

@Dante74

Its no biggie dude! ;)

After all, we are all friends here who share the same enthusiasm for MACROSS!!! And "sharing" the info to everyone is the point of it all...Hehehe! :D

edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot to ask, I didn't really notice it in the anime, but was the Angel Bird valk really a VF-1A? Or does it have other variants too, such as a VF-1J...

Edited by RYO

I haven't been to these boards or followed Macross for a little over a year now. It's amazing how much stuff has been released since then. When was the last time in history that somebody could make that claim? Maybe in the 80's?

Anyway, I can't believe nobody is complaining about the fact that that this picture shows the Angel Birds 1A, obviously a TV valk, with the DYRL 1A head :p

Just joking. I know some people really care about these kinds of differences though. I much prefer the DYRL 1A head to the TV one anyways. Canon be damned! I'll be needing to get me one of these, in addition to so many others that have been released in my hiatus (Stealth, Low Vis 2, GBP, etc).

I haven't been to these boards or followed Macross for a little over a year now. It's amazing how much stuff has been released since then. When was the last time in history that somebody could make that claim? Maybe in the 80's?

Anyway, I can't believe nobody is complaining about the fact that that this picture shows the Angel Birds 1A, obviously a TV valk, with the DYRL 1A head :p

Just joking. I know some people really care about these kinds of differences though. I much prefer the DYRL 1A head to the TV one anyways. Canon be damned! I'll be needing to get me one of these, in addition to so many others that have been released in my hiatus (Stealth, Low Vis 2, GBP, etc).

418283[/snapback]

He he he, good eye.

Another thing that I hope Yamato decides to address is the AngelBirds stenciling on the side of legs. It would suck, if they decided not to tampo print that on.

Sailor Moon Valkyrie!!!!!! :p

Graham

418220[/snapback]

Yeah that valkyrie was suppose to designed to be with a sailor's uniform.

I'm starting to think that the Yamato VF-1 is about equal to the Clone Troopers paint combos.

Yamato is really fast and furious with all these releases with only a few months break in between. Hopefully, they would really do a Elintseeker or SO in the future if possible a Minmay guard strike to finish off the DYRL line. Man would have to decide which is on my list of must gets...so many things like VF-1A Max, VF-0A, VF-1A Angelbirds..so little time and money. :blink::unsure:

Cheers

I like the Angel Birds color scheme and I would love to add this to my collection. But as I said on the reissue Max thread. Wow...to much is coming out at once! YF-19, VF-0A, Max VF-1A, Angel Bird and then my other Transformer hobby. I wish they would try and space em out an bit more, then again then we have to wait and that sucks too! :p

Looking awesome! B))

Okay. I'm confused. What is Yamato's strategy here? Was there a vote on Yamato's website or through Dengeki Hobby? How did this repaint come up? In fact, how did the Super 1J Stealth and Forest Camo come about? I understand that the customized version of the original Low-Viz 1a received a lot of attention from Yamato staff during hobby shows. Is it the same here?

I'm tickled pink that Yamato is releasing this 1 episode wonder, but what about the main character vehicles?

The head spins...

Okay. I'm confused. What is Yamato's strategy here? Was there a vote on Yamato's website or through Dengeki Hobby? How did this repaint come up? In fact, how did the Super 1J Stealth and Forest Camo come about? I understand that the customized version of the original Low-Viz 1a received a lot of attention from Yamato staff during hobby shows. Is it the same here?

I'm tickled pink that Yamato is releasing this 1 episode wonder, but what about the main character vehicles?

The head spins...

418435[/snapback]

I dont think anyone knows yamato's strategy... (wait, maybe graham, but that's about it) They never fail to make things interesting that's for sure... I assume it's a peculiar form of one of their brain academy games~ :huh::p

Either way, they're taking great strides in making this hobby fun and full of anticipation again... and honestly, that makes my head spin~ :lol:

I'd pretty much written off the '48s. Guess I might have to reconsider. That gunpod should be white, although as someone said earlier a show plane wouldn't come with one...

I dont think anyone knows yamato's strategy... (wait, maybe graham, but that's about it) They never fail to make things interesting that's for sure... I assume it's a peculiar form of one of their brain academy games~  :huh:  :p

Either way, they're taking great strides in making this hobby fun and full of anticipation again... and honestly, that makes my head spin~  :lol:

418478[/snapback]

I hope the recolours continue, as it would be fun to customize a tv 1a max to wear a Zentraedi outfit (my second favourite scene).

However, I think that there has to be some logical reason for this move. Either a public vote was observed in order to determine product desireability, or it is a test release using the least expensive means of product modification to see if there is a market (this thing is identical to the DYRL 1 in every way, save for the solid blue intakes). I am assuming that with their new painting technology (see the increased use of painting on the VF-0), Yamato is able to produce recolours even more easily than before, and that this obscure recolour's sales will determine future releases. Obviously the non-cannon "low-viz" design sold well enough to warrant two more releases.

:huh::blink::unsure::)

Honestly, this varient does nothing for me, and I will, for one, have no interest in getting it. What it DOES make me happy about is that, with all this crazy ness there's always that chance, with the way Yamato has been doing crazy releases lately, that they will hit right on the mark for some people and relaease that one thing they have always wished for, but thought had no chance of seeing.

One man's angel bird or Monster is another man's V Glaug or 17D...

I say keep up the obscurity. :)

I look at this paint scheme and all i see is a japanese schoolgirl. I know thats the point........but it scares me.

418783[/snapback]

Are you sure?. What if it's awakening feelings you've held deep inside you? :lol:

418792[/snapback]

My gosh! I see no skirt, no "gratuitous panty shot" and no School emblem anywhere. You are all gutter-brains, the lot of you.

I, on the other hand, see a Roman Catholic choir boy, a companion, no doubt, to the previously released Super Stealth VF-1J.

;)

Edited by RainBot

Yamato sure knows how to milk their 1/48th VF-1 toy line! :D Other then two sets of GBP-1S armors I got earlier this year, I haven't bought any 1/48th VF-1s since early 2004... just too friggin' expensive! I was passing up on the Stealth and Low Viz 2 VF-1's, but since this is cannon to the show, I might get this one.:)

Edited by Apollo Leader