Crazy Projects ?

isamu_dyson

Well, Mech Tech is making a wonderful 1/200 daedalus, IAD have made a flying SV-51, etc....

Is there any other crazy projects around here ????

Personnaly i'm about to start the study for a real crasy project: A 1/12 valkyrie.

It'll be a lonnnng project, i don't want to rush.

I've plan to make it by modules than can be assembled in fighter, battroid or gerwalk (but not transformable or posable).

NB: sorry if it's not in the right forum, please mods move it to the right one if needed.

Edited by isamu_dyson

I already have battroid "blueprints" from hasegawa model instructions, a friend have scaled them up to 1/12. I'm waiting for the fighter ones (same way).

it'll be a little more than 1 meter tall in battroid.

According to the macross compendium :

1/12 fighter mode :

Max Wing span : 1.23 M

Lenght : 1.18 M

height : 0.46 M

1/12 Battroid mode :

Height overall: 1.05 M

Width : 0.60 M

Lenght : 0.33 M

According to Hasegawa:

1/12 Battroid mode :

Height overall: 1.10 M

Width : 0.54 M

Lenght : 0.29 M

Edited by isamu_dyson

A little bit bigger and you could just pilot it yourself! You actually have the hard part out of the way getting your blueprints done. I couldn't get any drawings to agree with each other from the MPM book. I have to compare several drawings and take a "vote" as to which one works.

If you can get a printshop to print it poster size, it will be worth the money. I've done it for some of my parts and it makes life easier. I hope the best of success on your project. - MT

My friend have printed them :D he is working as a CAD modeler for a cars prototypes's factory.

I'll make a compromise between hasegawa's fighter and battroid modes :p

EDIT: here's the pictures of the "blueprints", the CD is for scale :p

post-61-1153065315_thumb.jpgpost-61-1153065326_thumb.jpgpost-61-1153065343_thumb.jpgpost-61-1153065366_thumb.jpgpost-61-1153065381_thumb.jpg

Edited by isamu_dyson

You've got it made now Isamu! That's what I need. Goat any Dadalus plans handy? :lol:

Yeah Cobywan, whatever happened to that? Real life getting in the way? - MT

You've got it made now Isamu!  That's what I need.  Goat any Dadalus plans handy? :lol:

no but if you have one maybe I can make it printed by my friend.

There's always this project I wan't to go back to:

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Templates/VF.htm

And I wan't to make a 1:18th scale Valk to go with those cool finnished aircraft "toys".

416650[/snapback]

Great work you've already done ! I hope you 'll continue ;)

Edited by isamu_dyson

• 1 month later...

I've just received the 1/12 VF-1 fighter mode "blueprints", always based on hasegawa kits :D .. impressive that's the word :D lol

Now it's time for compromises ... a long study to make something that can be assembled in each 3 modes and keep good proportions ...

I've also received the blueprints of the Yf-19 on fighter mode, always at 1/12 scale :) and always from the hasegawa notice...what a big bird :D

Hey Isamu, if you've got one of the 1/72nd scale Imai kits, they're pretty good all around. Hope it works out for you. - MT

Edited by MechTech

I have the SDF-1 on 1/1000 for like two years now in my head.... but I really can't decide if the DYRL or the TV series Macross...

I rememeber somebody recently mentioned the same thing (recently like 4 or 5 months :p )

Edited by valkyriepm

• 4 weeks later...

I have the SDF-1 on 1/1000 for like two years now in my head.... but I really can't decide if the DYRL or the TV series Macross...

I rememeber somebody recently mentioned the same thing (recently like 4 or 5 months :p )

That would have been me.... if only I had the time or the money, I´d love to take a year off and build a Fortress and Attacker mode side by side! Strictly TV version for me, I prefer the cleaner lines over tons of greeblies... not that greeblies are a bad thing though... :D

Chad that´s about 1,20 metres in length/heighth, not much bigger than the average decorative sailing ship model model just cooler -

should fit into a standard living room if tolerated by wife/GF - my 1/100 Godzilla has already found a home there....

Mechtech I want 2 models because 1. a transformable one will most likely fall apart after some time and 2. I want to look at both modes simultaneously :p -of course it´s all just theory... but maybe I´ll start with some smaller items some day like the bridge or some of the rocket launchers and the rest will follow over the years....

Chad that´s about 1,20 metres in length/heighth, not much bigger than the average decorative sailing ship model model just cooler -

should fit into a standard living room if tolerated by wife/GF - my 1/100 Godzilla has already found a home there....

Mechtech I want 2 models because 1. a transformable one will most likely fall apart after some time and 2. I want to look at both modes simultaneously :p -of course it´s all just theory... but maybe I´ll start with some smaller items some day like the bridge or some of the rocket launchers and the rest will follow over the years....

I think I'll start making the Daedalus and Prometheus in 1/1000 and see how it goes from there. The only thing that bothers me is the resize I'll haveto do to fit the proportion with the SDF-1 (as Mechtech did).

There's always this project I wan't to go back to:

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Templates/VF.htm

And I wan't to make a 1:18th scale Valk to go with those cool finnished aircraft "toys".

Cobywan-if you make the 1/18 Valkyrie will you make one for me? :p One of my Scarlett or Lady Jaye figures could be converted into Miria! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted to upscale the paper monster plans and make it out of plywood big enough to use 2" pvc for the gun barrels. Shoot tennis balls at the neighbors from my weird yard sculpture... never :rolleyes: