I'm Planning On Sculpting This Sketch.

EXO

Cool! Have you considered these poses?

aaaa102web.jpg

aaaa554web.jpg

These are "Flying Ladies" automobile hood ornaments. I personally like the second pose better w/ the knee up and the other leg swept back. Maybe you can cast in metal & mount it on your hood when you're done! :D

Looking forward to seeing progress shots!

Cool!  Have you considered these poses?

aaaa102web.jpg

aaaa554web.jpg

These are "Flying Ladies" automobile hood ornaments.  I personally like the second pose better w/ the knee up and the other leg swept back.  Maybe you can cast in metal & mount it on your hood when you're done!  :D

Looking forward to seeing progress shots!

416672[/snapback]

lol... I might just put it on my car!

Nice Exo.

you built an armiture for it yet?

418717[/snapback]

Hey Albert... I'm still in the sketching stages... actually I just got back from SDCC so I took a long break from this and I'll be gone most of this week. I'm thinking of changing the base from the Sharon Apple Box to Isamu's console with her coming out of it just like the animation...

this is what I'm planning on doing now:

sharonappleng0.jpg

comments? inaccuracies? I'm gonna try to get a screen shot so I can get closer to the way the console looks. And also... I'm aware that the screen doesn't say ISAMUISAMUISAMUISAMUISAMU when she pops out of it, that just artistic license cuz I think it'll look cool.

I should make it a stand for the upcoming 1/60 YF-19... :p

Ya think her boobs are big enough, EXO? LOL!

419519[/snapback]

it's all about the boobs!

Well here's the beginning of the sculpt. I'm only going to use aluminum foil instead of an armature because there's no real limb action going on. I'm using the 1/6 scale head to gauge the size of the body... I wont be using it on the final sculpt.

dsc03328xp3.jpg

covered with Sculpey

dsc03337js6.jpg

Here's the preliminary sculpt of the body...

to answer UNSpacy's question about perspective, I don't think you have to worry about perspective all that much when sculpting because it's in 3D... you have to worry more about proportion. Perspective will take care of itself unless you're doing forced perspective stuff as in the movies.

dsc03342us3.jpg

the heat gun is your friend when working with sculpey. The instruction says to use the oven, but when you're heating it layer by layer its faster with the heat gun. And you can concentrate it to certain areas that you just worked on. When you sculpt a big chunk of stuff then you can take it to the oven, but I do that rarely. The aluminum foil not only serves as a money saving filler and armature but it also heats up the inside of the clay for further thorough hardening.

dsc03341bw0.jpg

pinky street Minmay!

dsc03347mp6.jpg

Here's how it looks so far with the kusinagi head

dsc03343ot4.jpg

Thanks to UN Spacy for the screenshot... I used them a little for reference. ;)

I like what I`m seeing here.

Just wanted to ask what is sculpey. is it like fimo or something different. I`ve heard of it but never given it much thought before.

420754[/snapback]

Sculpey is a polymer clay. It's holds it's shape pretty well and is sandable after its been heated. Only use Sculpey 2. The other ones are not that great to work with.

Damn... I lost some build up pictures when I was cleaning out my memory sticks of my SDCC pictures.

There's gonna be a huge gap in the sequence but it's all basicly... I made this shape and I put a heat gun to it.

Here I'm just making the form for the head neck. I was going to do it seperately but it turns out that it can be molded in one piece so I ended up fusing it with the rest of the body and the hair.

dsc03352he3.jpg

this where the missing pictures should be. Anyway, I just attached the neck to the body and after putting on more aluminum foil to build up the hair I slapped some sculpey on it and rough sculpted the hair. The hair had more sculpey than I anticipated so I took it to the oven. I used an electrical oven that I use specifically for sculpey because I don't like using my kitchen oven. Sculpey has toxic fumes so I dont want that near anything where I prepare food. I think every one else uses their conventional oven but I'm kinda paranoid. :unsure::ph34r: The electric oven burns the top of her head, but that's ok, it's easy to fix if I need to, or I can just build over it.

dsc03353zt5.jpg

dsc03354xa6.jpg

I cut off the face because that's something you wanna tackle seperately. The face is probably twice the work of the rest of the body.

Here's a preliminary sculpt of the face. Just to get a guage of where everything will go, but there's still a lot of work.

dsc03355ps8.jpg

I build up more of the hair to put the hole where the peg will go that holds her funky bangs.

dsc03358au8.jpg

Wire mesh to make the bangs. I draw the outline that I want and cut it with a scissor. I ended up doubling the sheets cuz it wasn't strong enough to hold the shape.

dsc03362xr3.jpg

Preliminary spiky bangs or whatever you call them. Just to see how they'll be shape and how they will look on the head. I drew the face just to check out how the face is so far. So yeah... I put these under the heat gun so they wont start to droop.

dsc03365ut0.jpg

dsc03366ux8.jpg

dont forget that sharon as a face like a fairy that less of a human, like her nose is sharper and her ears are like a elf.

421963[/snapback]

Dont worry. the nose is already there... I still have to sculpt in the ears.