Jump to content

Is Pineapple Salad Good?


Recommended Posts

Hell, maybe the shrapnel was so hot it cotterized on its way in, and re-opened the wounds as he was walking around. But let's take this into account. Regardless of the nature of the wound, if any major organs were punctured, it wouldn't haave been too likely in a crew of only 50,000 that he would have been able to get a doner. 10 or so extra minutes at the hopsital wouldn't have gotten him any less dead than he was.

417081[/snapback]

most "gun" shrapnel contains lead or some other type of heavy material (depleated uranium) for its armor pearcing ability, you die pretty quick from poisoning. Im agreeing with Roy here, plus the added alcohol thining his blood and not allowing it to clot,,,,,,,,,,,,,some of ya guys are reaching pretty far ;)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really Macross was sort of right in that the only thing that causes you to die pretty quickly is blood loss. 90% of things that "kill you" in warfare kill you due to blood loss. That remaining 10% is usually something strange or a direct CNS hit to your brain and that's instant lights out. You can blow a guy's arm off, shoot him full of holes or stab him in the chest with a bayonet and people will say "well, he died because he was missing an arm, shot. stabbed, etc" when in reality he died because he bled out resultant from that wound. Poisons, gas attacks, et al all will still kill you and kill you quite nastily but those are rarely encountered on the battlefield today. If someone who is traumatically wounded gets propper medical attention and a transfusion of blood quickly enough, they stand a very high chance of surviving.

When I was in the Army they taught us to actually SAY out loud "Remember to stop the bleeding!" when doing mock first aid in the field. I'm not sure if they still teach that today but they'd lean on you if you did not say it every time. According to Army lore, and a good degree of fact, you can practicaly get blown in half and as long as you survive the chopper ride, make it to surgery and don't bleed out you stand a relatively good chance of surviving. My wife can quote me propper numbers but the US Army Medical Corps prides itself on an almost 90% survivability rating... meaning out of a 100 guys that get wounded in many various ways who survive long enough to get into surgery, about 90 survive. How long they survive after that depends on how badly blown apart your vital organs are and how good your medical treatment is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah... in the first aid courses I took way back when, the 'stop the bleeding' mantra was something that was hammered quite well into our heads. That, and 'don't try and "fix" things, as you'll probably only make them worse. Stabilize, stabilize.'

Ah... the memories. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought Roy's death should have been on a much more grand scale. Like taking out a few hundred Zentraedi at the same time. I dig the guy, and I wish he woulda gone out with a serious bang.

417562[/snapback]

thats kind of the whole point. Macross tries to make the war seem real, if roy had gone out killing hundreds (hundreds??) of zents it would be alot harder to feel sorry for him and to consider our own mortality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought Roy's death should have been on a much more grand scale. Like taking out a few hundred Zentraedi at the same time. I dig the guy, and I wish he woulda gone out with a serious bang.

417562[/snapback]

Well, If I remember correctly (been a longtime) That's kinda what happens in DYRL, right?

In order to kill Kamjin he shoots trough himself or something to that effect. or at least that's what I recall.

Can somebody tell me how Roy dies in DYRL with some degree of detail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He does go out with a literal bang in DYRL if I remember correctly. It's not Kamjin he kills though, just some nameless Zentran. He does point the gun into the guys back and shoots through him into his own valk after taking a thorough butt-kicking. Then the whole valk goes boom creating an opening for Hik and Misa to fly through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...