Need Help With Macross Dyrl Ps2

GianS

Hello

I finally got my copy from Ebay and after allot of struggle with the tools to get it to work on my English PS2 it is finally working now.

However, I am already stuck. I can kind of guess the missions by looking at the graphic displays during briefing, but now I don't know what I am doing wrong in the second mission, during the mission update after you have re-entered into the earths atmosphere, it seems you have to stop the Regults from reaching the SDF-1 hanging over Macross Island. THere is a 60 second timer and no matter how many Regults I shoot down there are to many and I am always out of time and then game over.

What is the objective in this mission? Please help.

If any one has a English mission summary I would be very greatfull.

Any Japanese speakers with the game on this board?

Thanks,

Gian

Edited by GianS

so how is this one? any good? i never saw it while i was in japan, and i dug through every store with games i could find :/

found Mac Plus for PS1 though. :)

but its controls are weak beyond description.. + it was made before analog was standard it seems :/

415546[/snapback]

After looking it up, I can confirm that. Despite being the LAST of the PS1 Macross games(released in 2000), MacPlus is digital only, for reasons known only to the developer.

Seriously, even VF-X1 supported analog(albeit only the joystick, since Sony's analog gamepads had yet to materialize).

so how is this one? any good? i never saw it while i was in japan, and i dug through every store with games i could find :/

found Mac Plus for PS1 though. :)

but its controls are weak beyond description.. + it was made before analog was standard it seems :/

415546[/snapback]

It is a side shooter. I liked it. Plus is hard to get used to but it has it's high points. one of which is sound track. Not your typical midi music.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i am stuck on the Cats eye recon mission!!!

cats_eye.gif

what am i supposed to do? after the Zentran ship grabs the cats eye?

(SDF Macross TV missions.)

every time I go after it to save it, it just blows up!!

what am i doing wrong?

Edited by Razor x

That game just kicks major ass in general. I just pray that we get a new awesome kick ass game for the PS3.

418325[/snapback]

any system would be good for a new kickass one, but bandai licenses primarily to the PS family.

and with the troubles sony is having making the PS3 on the production side, we'll be lucky if they don't bankrupt themselves first!

thus far i've read 2 problems with the cell CPU's production, and another about the Blu-ray thing they were putting in

Edit: weeee got my DYRL on order, shipping in from japan, should be here in bout 2-3 weeks... can't wait! :) minus the nuisance of the hidious lower half the the battroid... that'll prob drive me nuts as i'm a detail whore sometimes

Edited by GrimlockCW

That game just kicks major ass in general. I just pray that we get a new awesome kick ass game for the PS3.

418325[/snapback]

any system would be good for a new kickass one, but bandai licenses primarily to the PS family.

and with the troubles sony is having making the PS3 on the production side, we'll be lucky if they don't bankrupt themselves first!

thus far i've read 2 problems with the cell CPU's production, and another about the Blu-ray thing they were putting in

418328[/snapback]

Yeah, I already read an article stating that Sony could be in trouble when competing with HD DVD due to the name "Blue-Ray" alone. Most of the general public may go with "HD DVD" obviously due to name recognition. I also hear that Sony's Blue ray costs more than HD DVD.

Though, I can predict, that with Namco now part of Bandai, there's a fair chance that subsequest Macross games (if any) have to potential to be quite awesome if they put the time in...

Heck, not too many people can find serious boredom faults with Namco's Ace series's engine

Edited by Phren

Though, I can predict, that with Namco now part of Bandai, there's a fair chance that subsequest Macross games (if any) have to potential to be quite awesome if they put the time in...

Heck, not too many people can find serious boredom faults with Namco's Ace series's engine

418340[/snapback]

i'll give ya that, but they royaly screwed up what could've been the best starfox game since starfox 64 :/

i still haven't finished it i'm so dissappointed in it :/ not even past the 3rd mission i think, and i even had more fun playing Starfox adventures... is that even possible?! but meh, rareware did a good job of the game, so i guess it is.

nintendo never should've sold Rareware to Microcrap, i mean, they gave up Conker to XBox!!

wich BTW the remake was AWSOME, MP was odd, but the SP remake of the original added alot of jokes on it being such and more :p

ahh well, that aside Namco is awsome for things under their own construction/design

hmm i wonder if we could coax Capcom to make a Macross simulator with control panels and foot pedals like Steel Battalion? :D that'd OWN i'd pay 500 for it :p

Edited by GrimlockCW

418340[/snapback]

i'll give ya that, but they royaly screwed up what could've been the best starfox game since starfox 64 :/

i still haven't finished it i'm so dissappointed in it :/ not even past the 3rd mission i think, and i even had more fun playing Starfox adventures... is that even possible?! but meh, rareware did a good job of the game, so i guess it is.

I loved Assault, personally. Aside from the lack of branching.

But then, I went straight from StarFox to StarFox Assault, so...

nintendo never should've sold Rareware to Microcrap, i mean, they gave up Conker to XBox!!

Rare wasn't paying the bills anymore.

They'd gotten in the habit of delaying games repeatedly, and were becoming as bad as 3D Realms of Duke Nukem Forever infamy.

Look at Perfect Dark Zero for an example. That was supposed to be an N64 game.

Then a 'Cube game.

Then an XBox 1 game.

MS FORCED them to push it out the door for the 360 launch.

Kameo had exactly the same multi-delay dev cycle.

Neither game was really ready for retail, after a half-decade in development.

hmm i wonder if we could coax Capcom to make a Macross simulator with control panels and foot pedals like Steel Battalion?  :D  that'd OWN i'd pay 500 for it :p

Heh.

I'd buy it too is the sad part.

And on-topic...

Bandai's actually shown a lot of interest in the 360. They've released several games for it already.

Of course, if the 360 doesn't start showing some movement in Japan, it'll probably amount to as much support as the XBox 1 got from them.

Edited by JB0

Rare was getting into the that same habit like 3drealms, they wanted the "perfect" technoligy to display their next game upon.

Hence Dinosaur planet was delayed from the N64 to the GCube, and renamed to Starfox Adventures

3drealms has stated they want to be able to create the most complete and graphical Duke nukem experience, not exact words, but in the same lines, they've tested versions on various engines over the years and are left wanting more from the engines, honestly, i think they'd have what they seek if they took the Quake 4 version of the Doom 3 engine, tweaked the model system (we all hafta admit the Doom3 engine models are kinda waxy) and have a go!

or even using the HL Source engine would be decent (i still don't see what everone likes about this one, outside of Oblivions use of it (after graphic mod upgrades to reinsert Paralex/normal maps, since Bethesda cut them, and higher res LoD's and more) its really crappy IMO, as the world is literally 3/4 flat textures, gimme some bumpmaps for craps sake! with the soul exception of its character models thats my opinion, but even those are really flat looking, the skeletal system used is one of wonders for facial animations and such)

its a bad tactic really, and i can't understand how 3DRealms is really still around with such an attitude.

Rare did do justice to the games it withheld, but like Conker, make an awsome game with what you have, and if something better comes out later, remake it! i can't think of a reason not to own both copies!

but most companies think "if we just remake the game, no one will like it, we need a new game, something differant, but we'll market it under the same name to attract old fans"

Conker Live and Reloaded had minimal changes aside from GFX, and it still sold really well!

crap.. now i wanna piece my Steel battalion controller back together and play... wish LoC didn't require fulls teams, and had a friend finder function :/ no wonder it flopped that part :p

problem is, i've no way to setup my controller outside sitting on my lap ATM, i need to rig something... hmmm i think a comp chair mod is brewing now

*buggers off to find some speakers, ply wood, tools, vise clamps, and sardines*

what? i like sardines, sue me!

Edited by GrimlockCW

I loved Assault, personally. Aside from the lack of branching.

But then, I went straight from StarFox to StarFox Assault, so...

Trust me, Starfox64 is where the fun is.

Anyone beaten my 1380? :lol:

and if assualt was strictly ship combat, it be 10X better, Namco seems to be good at that kind of thing, so a macross game made by the right people I have high optimism for being great

Rare was getting into the that same habit like 3drealms, they wanted the "perfect" technoligy to display their next game upon.

Hence Dinosaur planet was delayed from the N64 to the GCube, and renamed to Starfox Adventures

3drealms has stated they want to be able to create the most complete and graphical Duke nukem experience, not exact words, but in the same lines, they've tested versions on various engines over the years and are left wanting more from the engines,

Not really tests. They've actually started developing, then jumped to another engine mid-dev.

Unreal Tournament was the last they jumped to. From there it's just been a mess of uncontrolled feature creep.

Allegedly they've hacked UT up so badly while adding features that it's UT in name only and it's the equal of whatever the current game is, but... we'll see(maybe...).

its a bad tactic really, and i can't understand how 3DRealms is really still around with such an attitude.

They have cash coming in from other stuff.

Max Payne, while certainly not enough to keep a company afloat, is their's to some degree.

crap.. now i wanna piece my Steel battalion controller back together and play... wish LoC didn't require fulls teams, and had a friend finder function :/ no wonder it flopped that part :p

I thought the sequel flopped because it was only really available to existing Steel Battalion players.

It's generally a bad idea to target just a subdivision of the system base, especially as small a subdivision as "Steel Battalion owners."

Edited by JB0

probably flopped from both the targeted customers and lack of any really decent options, granted it had a few things gamers wanted, but it lacked a LOT more.

i mean, both teams had to be filled before you could start the battle (if i recall)?! that requires nearly 16 players, and i'll be damned if i ever seen a server fill up to play

Not to mention 99.9% of the servers i got stuck in were filled with Japanese players, and i got the boot immediatly, even though they needed at least a dozen or more players.

been in Chrome hounds lately, Sega did an awsome job with it, but it suffers the usual Rocket/missile abuse and base rushing BS of any game like it.

course kit restrictions only become a major frustration for all, so i say loadup with whatever suits ya (as rocket/missile launchers tend to burn ammo fast anyways in this one)

probably flopped from both the targeted customers and lack of any really decent options, granted it had a few things gamers wanted, but it lacked a LOT more.

i mean, both teams had to be filled before you could start the battle (if i recall)?! that requires nearly 16 players, and i'll be damned if i ever seen a server fill up to play

Sheesh...

How often are 16 owners of Steel Battalion on at the same time anyways?

Aahh no worries

Got an English walkthrough on the web with English mission descriptions.

Cool....

Thanks,

Gian

415449[/snapback]

wouldn't happen to have a link?

i wanna know bout these characters more so than the mission info (i like to learn that as i play :) done with the series missions, moving on to DYRL :p )

no joke, that was kinda short, but i liked it no less :p

the battle within the Macross reminded me almost to much of a Roblowtech mod that was released for Duke Nukem 3D, but i think the Duke 3d mod looked better texture wise almost... i can't believe how horrid it was detailed in there!

ahh well, older games have older flaws :)