How To Remove Super Glued Ghost From Vf-0a

deadghost

hi

You guys are the best when it comes to stuff like this, I have a nearly completed vf-0a /ghost kit a good friend of mines from china sent me, I had to to the fineshing touches. I sprayed some dull coat on the ghost to give it a crisp look when the decals started to crumble, I panicked and tried to remove the decal with a pin only finding myself disturbing the paint, not only that but the ghoast is missing some detailed pieces im currently thinking about just safely removeing the ghoast and have my buddy from china just send me a new one. but befor I go any further whats a safe way of removeing the the super glued ghoast of my precious vfoa. I also took some pics.

Well I know that you can puchase Debonders for CA but in my experience they make the CA soft and gummy, this isn't neccessarily a problem, but in your case I don't know what it would do to the VF that the Ghost is attached to. I think it may damage the paint job, and possibly desolve some of the detail, but I've never used CA debonder on Polystyrene, just polyurethane ( doesn't damage urethane at all) Try Googleing Cyano Acrylate Debonder and see what you can find out about how it reacts with Styrerne.

Good Luck!

Charles.

Chas is right about the cautioning. Most CA debonders are acetone based. They will break down styrene and at least soften ABS plastics. The paint is a gonner too.

CA glue does have a weekness, it's brittle. Can you possibly loosen it up? Sometimes some organic cleaners like pine oil (Pinesol) or almost straight dishwasher detergent will loosen it up, but it may not penetrate into the joint. Pine oil will strip paint and heavy greases (that's where the "sol" in Pinesol comes from; solvent).

Any other ideas or experiences guys? - MT