Most Wanted Unproduced Macross Toy By Yamato

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Of these choices, which do you want produced the most?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Of these choices, which do you want produced the most?

• VF-4 (DYRL/M3)
    • SDF-1 (TV/DYRL versions)
    • TV Q-Rau
    • VF-2SS w/SAP (from Macross II)
    • VF-0D
    • SV-51
    • VF-17 (VFX-2)
    • VF-5000 Star Mirage (VFX-2/M3)
    • VF-3000 (M3)
    • Male Power Armor
    • Glaug
    • Regult Battle Pod
    • Zentran/Meltran cruisers from TV/DYRL
    • Destroids
    • None.
    • Other (not listed above).

SDF-1 (TV style) for me.............as long as it's taller than the 1/48's.

Considering it's the flagship of the TV series, I'd like the toy's size to scream, "I'm the big-boss around here."

The 17 has to get my vote, but if it was anything besides a valk, I always thought the design of the Variable Glaug was awesome, and one I know I'll likely not live to see.

The VF-0D is hot, too. As for the SV0-51, they'd just have to use stainless steel, and it should be fine, right? :p

Edited by Phren

I love all the valks listed, but what I desire most is a better VF-11, especially with "sumo" armor. Fast packs would be nice too. However, I voted for the VF-4 because voting "other" is no fun.

I think it's great that a Mac II valk is winning this poll!

Voted VF-4 myself. There's something indefinable about the aesthetic's that I like. Even like the oft-maligned Battroid mode - it's got a broad-shouldered competence to its look that I like.

My second choice would be a VF-11, the quintessential VF-1A CF replacement - it has that "everyone flies one at some point in there career" look to it.

Karl

I can´t believe how the VF-2SS has taken over the poll , C´mon ! where´re the VF-4 and VF-5000 votes , the SV-51s for $·"|@  sakes

412731[/snapback]

Geez bro, take it easy.....you got your VF-0 :p

The VF-2SS is a sleek design, and for the most part would not require a lot of engineering to transfer into a toy. I can imagine the VF-4 would require quite a bit of tooling to get proper proportions. Other than that, i think bad guys (power armor, regult, glaug) would be great since there are really none of those in toy form (from any company).

I voted for a SDF-1 TV/DYRL version to ad with my Bandai Version of the ol SDF-1 I say yamatos version will have way more detail than Bandai's and I say they should comission Jay lew the guy who did that 3D rendering of the tv version Macross in the fan art section to design both version for them. :D

Voted for the VF-4 'cause there's nothing else like it. My runner up would probably be the 17, also for its uniqueness. I can't believe there's that many losers here who liked Macross II... :o

Edited by JELEINEN

Voted for the VF-4 'cause there's nothing else like it.  My runner up would probably be the 17, also for its uniqueness.  I can't believe there's that many losers here who liked Macross II...   :o

412964[/snapback]

I think most of us have ambigious feelings, at best, regarding macross 2, but alot of us love the VF-2 regardless of how bad macross 2 was. I've actually never seen Macross 2, but I have always loved how the VF-2 looked. Not that it matters. I voted destroids.

Edited by GobotFool

Though all of those are very tempting and Id like to see an SV-51. I voted for the SDF-1 because like many have already said...It's amazing at how little the SDF-1 has actually gotten. I mean it is Macross, what the series is based around and yet there is no "perfect" transformation version of it? Sure there are an few toys and models (I had some Silver version of one...but it was in the standing form.) but there is nothing really out there that is truly an MP SDF-1.

My guess is the reason they don't make a new "Macross/SDF-1" toy is because they can't milk to molds ... unlike the valkyries, which can be remade into many different versions.

Except that they made the Koenig Monster, and then gave us even more VF-1 variants and re-releases (unless there are Monster repaints on the way.... :ph34r:)

Anyways, I'm sick to death of the VF-1 personally, and I hope that after the 19 they can go back and give us the Macross, TV and DYRL versions. My frankensteined Matchbox/Bandai model needs to be retired. Besides, like some of the others have said, the show is called Macross, not Valkyrie.

Though all of those are very tempting and Id like to see an SV-51. I voted for the SDF-1 because like many have already said...It's amazing at how little the SDF-1 has actually gotten. I mean it is Macross, what the series is based around and yet there is no "perfect" transformation version of it? Sure there are an few toys and models (I had some Silver version of one...but it was in the standing form.) but there is nothing really out there that is truly an MP SDF-1.

413092[/snapback]

but in what scale ?

To have one would be great.

I hope they dont make it bigger thatn i have space for.

edit:sp

Edited by Macross73

Guest Bromgrev

This poll's actually made me think for the first time in ages about which is my favourite Macross mecha. It came as a surprise to me that the answer was 'Regult'! :blink:

I'm glad to see a sizeable minority in the same camp.

413092[/snapback]

but in what scale ?

To have one would be great.

I hope they dont make it bigger thatn i have space for.

edit:sp

413349[/snapback]

That is an good question..what scale to do it in. I supsoe itd be something like 1/1000+ or - area. I don't know how long the SDF-1 is so I cant give an certain scale..however I would be pleased with an scale that made it as tall as an 1/48th VF-1 or maybe even an little taller. I would totally shell out the $$$ for one of those.

What do you think would be an good scale/size?