Need Help With Ps2 Macross

Dervish

Granted, I didn't play this level much, but I get the feeling I'll remain frustrated with it unless someone tells me what to do.

In the level for "Love Goes Astray" I think it's level 12 -- somewhere down the line, you have to attack a Zentraedi capital ship's cannons, the life bars for them are orange. Many times I keep firing, and they don't seem to get damaged. Missiles don't seem to work, either. Also, I seem to sustain a lot of damage in a short amount of time. Finally, I can't seem to figure out how to correct my targetting system. I hold L2 and end up targetting the wrong component.

Any help would be most welcome ;)

BTW it's the 2nd ship, when Minmay starts singing. The first ship was easy once I figured it out, albeit time consuming.

BTW, I think it's a great game, but I wish they had the original orchestral versions of the music. Dragon Quest VIII had orchestral music, I don't see why this Macross game wouldn't :/ And what about some video clips? Still a welcome change to Battlecry :p

Edited by Dervish

You're just supposed keep destroying each ship using your RMS-1 missiles. You need to lock on to a portion of each ship (usually the middle) and wait for Ms. battyy to give you the signal. Don't use up all your RMS-1 missiles or you fail the mission.

You're just supposed keep destroying each ship using your RMS-1 missiles. You need to lock on to a portion of each ship (usually the middle) and wait for Ms. battyy to give you the signal. Don't use up all your RMS-1 missiles or you fail the mission.

411183[/snapback]

Ahhh, interesting, thanks :) . Somehow I managed to kill the first ship using only my battloid gatling gun :p

This is going to sound like an ultra newbish question but how do I use my RMS-1 missiles? All I seem to be able to know how to do is use my regular 850 pack missiles for regular mobs.

Edited by Dervish

Did you go through the tutorial at least? They tell you about switching weapons there.

411255[/snapback]

I did, and somehow I must have missed it. Maybe I got stuck at some point, started to hit all the buttons, hit select, went to the next step, and didn't recall quite what I did :p

Well, I personally found it easier to hit the Gunship if you approach from the front. Don't fly where the beam is charging, or its instant death. The best way is to attack from the front, slightly above the Gunship. Spam missiles, switch to Gerwalk, and spam more missiles. Just don't stay in one place or the suckers swarm you to death. I didn't really like that stage much.

Yeah, that was one of the 2 stages I didn't like (that and the inside of the Z ship). I just hovered slightly above and in front of it and kept firing, shaking missles and using the tone to know when to fire another volly (it switches to the missle view) and just took the thing out, toe-to-toe style. Took a lot of damage, but it worked better then trying finess, and was a lot faster, since my countdown was looking grim after playing tag too long with the Q-rau's

Edited by Phren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeay!!!! I just passed the T.V. missions!!!! this has been the best game ever!!!

if it had vs mode it would be perfect.

well now its time to start the DYRL missions!!

RaZoR X...OuT! :)

Yeay!!!! I just passed the T.V. missions!!!! this has been the best game ever!!!

if it had vs mode it would be perfect.

well now its time to start the DYRL missions!!

RaZoR X...OuT! :)

420487[/snapback]

Good luck! You're gonna' love fighting Miria again. Especially the part after you BEAT Miria. At least you get a 1S for it.

Good luck! You're gonna' love fighting Miria again. Especially the part after you BEAT Miria. At least you get a 1S for it.

420538[/snapback]

wasn't that bad once i figured it out :p

hover just in front in Gerwalk and nuke it to hell and back with all yer missiles :p hardest part is staying stable as you get hammered with missiles